IGNORED

Planet-Mu forum refugees - circa 2005-2010

Thu Zaw

I'm an ageing IDM/electronica fan. I was a regular poster on the old Planet-Mu forum around 2005-2010. You might know me as peoplepoo / teahotmilk2sugars / T-toe

I was homophobically "abused" by V Snares on the board once (claim to fame).

I lost my way with IDM/electronica around the closure of the board. I was jaded that everything in electronica seemed to be reduced to dubstep, breakcore or acid. I've explored other avenues for a bit (10yrs). Haven't kept up with what Warp, Mu, Rephlex, etc have been putting out.

Wondering if there's any other old Mu-board refugees here....? Say hey.

Edited by Thu Zaw
  • Like 6

Thanks for the kind welcome. ? I believe that forum's been dead for years.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for Snares to accept my invitation to fisticuffs - that's a lie. I've forgiven him. ?

• Like 2

I was also a member of the planet mu forum! I’ve pretty much gone the same route. Got pretty bored with where things were headed. I was “cyclikyl” on that forum. I wanna say it was around 2004, but I can’t remember. It’s crazy, I remember the influences thread on that forum and how so many members also liked mr bungle and megaman music- made me feel at home. Planet mu and gamingfm (video game music station forum) were the only forums I ever was really active on, other than gear forums. Altho my friend has hyped watmm to me for 15 years, so I finally joined!

Anyways, welcome! Total bullshit about v snares. I remember a lot of hate going on there. That’s why I quit. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Thu Zaw said:

Thanks for the kind welcome. ? I believe that forum's been dead for years.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for Snares to accept my invitation to fisticuffs - that's a lie. I've forgiven him. ?

i have trouble keeping up with VSnares. She began to cry is up there with my copy of the I-Ching as something i'll get around to reading at some point.

anyway, welcome to wattemmz. that over-generalisation of electronic genres is something a lot of assholes do elsewhere, which we're lucky enough to avoid because we can see past that bullshit. it's not even about categories as much as appreciating something you might never have heard before ♥️

• Like 1

Welcome. I wasn't on that forum but I was on here and so I like this thread because its reminding me just how long we've all been doing this and how old we all are now.

*old man voice* I remember the days when to find out when a rumoured Aphex thing was being released you had to go into Sister Ray or Selectadisc and ask them and they didn't know etc etc

Oh also I remember this old thread about RDJ (apparently) arguing with someone on the Planet Mu forums about soundcards

Edited by zazen
  • Like 3

was never on planet mu, but used to post on the ninja tune forum way back when. it too went away. kinda crazy to think that watmm has existed as long as it has.

• Like 1

I was on mu forum too (not sure about :braindance:.net, can't remember) but didn't post much though. Welcome !

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bronchuseven said:

Welcome! I was on the mu forum as well as braindance.net, the unofficial replacement - my username was sriracha.

I still have a few of your mixes kicking around.

I was also on Mu, think i used FlyboT there. I used to have one of the Planet Mu baseball caps, but wore it wayyyyy too much.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I was also on Mu, think i used FlyboT there. I used to have one of the Planet Mu baseball caps, but wore it wayyyyy too much.

FlyboT rings a bell! Hey!

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

Cool, thanks for the support! I never stopped recording mixes.

Mu forum was where I first heard EOD in 2004. I only posted a little bit. Generally just being a cunt and abusing idm fans. Then I found watmm and started doing that here instead.

• Like 6
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 2

On 5/6/2021 at 1:27 PM, Thu Zaw said:

I'm an ageing IDM/electronica fan. I was a regular poster on the old Planet-Mu forum around 2005-2010. You might know me as peoplepoo / teahotmilk2sugars / T-toe

I was homophobically "abused" by V Snares on the board once (claim to fame).

I lost my way with IDM/electronica around the closure of the board. I was jaded that everything in electronica seemed to be reduced to dubstep, breakcore or acid. I've explored other avenues for a bit (10yrs). Haven't kept up with what Warp, Mu, Rephlex, etc have been putting out.

Wondering if there's any other old Mu-board refugees here....? Say hey.

Hey, yep I was there, In fact I remembered the v snares incident and brought it up on here recently, so that's a really weird coincidence.

Did you play the trombone or was that someone else??

11 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

Hey, yep I was there, In fact I remembered the v snares incident and brought it up on here recently, so that's a really weird coincidence.

Did you play the trombone or was that someone else??

You've got a good memory! Yeah, I'm the trombone guy. 

The Snares incident didn't really bother me any more at the time than it does now. I've never been one to take much offense. ?

My solo stuff went on the back-burner for a few years as I got involved with playing in bands. 

Greetings! Yep, I was there. I think with the same nick? But not sure. mike p asked about one of my bootleg n*sync remixes one time, fun times ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bronchuseven said:

Cool, thanks for the support! I never stopped recording mixes.

Are you still posting them?

9 hours ago, ascdi said:

Greetings! Yep, I was there. I think with the same nick? But not sure. mike p asked about one of my bootleg n*sync remixes one time, fun times ?

100% remember that name. Hope you've had a good 10yrs, man! ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thu Zaw said:

You've got a good memory! Yeah, I'm the trombone guy. 

The Snares incident didn't really bother me any more at the time than it does now. I've never been one to take much offense. ?

My solo stuff went on the back-burner for a few years as I got involved with playing in bands. 

Ah mate it bothered me loads, I was a pretty big fan up to that point and it killed that stone dead, and I reckon I've been a bit iffy about planet mu in general ever since.

I personally #cancelled him long before cancellations were popular.

• Like 1