IGNORED

Tim Hecker - No Highs [Kranky]

Tim Hecker is also out with a new OST today. To the creepy looking Infinity Pool by Cronenberg Jr. Great atmosphere that makes me wanna see the movie, but not as strong as a stand alone album, like The North Water OST. 

I’ve listened to lots of TH but never really seen (or heard) the light. I’ll still play this when it comes out though. I think Ravedeath is also my favourite but it never blew my socks off. Might blow the dust off it and give it another spin…

Edited by beerwolf

• 1 month later...

it's like every "experimental" artist must sacrifice themselves on the professional soundtrack composer altar

sounds fine, like every other thing that sounds like this playing in the background of a european crime drama (limited series)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have only heard "Haunt Me, Haunt Me Do It Again" that everyone is liking so much. I didn't connect with it!

Should I give this one a go? Or some other album you prefer? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cern said:

I have only heard "Haunt Me, Haunt Me Do It Again" that everyone is liking so much. I didn't connect with it!

My friend, I consider Anxiety as The Artist Statement—here he defines what's his capable of, and what has become a parody of itself.

You need to hear it with headphones, otherwise it literally doesn't exists.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cern said:

Try Ravedeath or Harmony In Ultraviolet. I enjoy all his stuff, but these are slightly more accessible? Haunt Me was my first TH, and I think it’s an amazing album.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 8:39 AM, beerwolf said:

I’ve listened to lots of TH but never really seen (or heard) the light. I’ll still play this when it comes out though. I think Ravedeath is also my favourite but it never blew my socks off. Might blow the dust off it and give it another spin…

Oooft. Just listened to Ravedeath 1972 with dusk falling. Perfectly hit the spot. Sounds much better than I gave it credit for. 

• Like 1