IGNORED

WAPP480

spunktronics

20 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

Those were the days, mad thinking how I was slightly disappointed at the time when Analord 5 was released because it only had 2 tracks ? (and it was 7 euro)

Think about what we'll be saying 18 years from now. "Aw, man! Remember Blackbox being such a steal back then?"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, logboy said:

can anyone find a central idea as devastating as 'stone in focus' in his work? i think it's so well judged.

taking control ?

9 minutes ago, ascdi said:

taking control ?

Is it stephen hawking taking control of his drum machine?

always thought that was the joke with the little laugh at 13 seconds lol but I was never sure

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Haha 1

I’m really enjoying the new track gets better with each listen! Yeah I would’ve liked more than 14 mins worth especially for the price but it definitely helps me get more excited for Field Day and after listening to the recent live clips. I’m happy 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

Yeah, I'm liking it more with each listen as well.

New Aphex is always a special thing.

It wouldn't be special if it happened every fucking year, not 5-13 years...

I need a listen to tracks, then I'll decide if I need them on wax...

Edited by Adamovich

The thing I miss with this Blackbox Life Recorder tune is those sneaky Aphex TB-303 patterns coming in and going out like Analord style! Filling up the track so well 
and well I guess Im a more easy going guy likes when he plays with the 909+808 and not 380 different drums and breaks in a chill track like this! 

I also miss regular break downs like in Xmd5a with different beats starts with different melodies like 3-4 times in the track! 

This stuff is what Im talking about (agh just love it): 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Adamovich said:

It wouldn't be special if it happened every fucking year, not 5-13 years...

I need a listen to tracks, then I'll decide if I need them on wax...

Not me. Aphex is instabuy on wax every time!

• Like 2

Wow wow wow. So far, this is my favorite Aphex release since Drukqs. Hands down.

I hear remnants of SAW II with the floaty springy pads and stuff. I actually find this pretty uplifting, even though some have said it's sad/reflective. One thing for sure, there feels to be more expressive emotion here than in any of his recent work, and a focus on simple composition. With the chill easy going vibes, not overproduced, it also conjures the playful and genuine spirit of SAW 85-92 for me. It's not acid obsessed, nor shiny nor hyper immersive, it's just nice. The ambient version is just pure serenity.

This is exactly what I needed and missed from him. Hoping the other tracks follow a similar vibe. I feel like every time he puts out something new, it gives meaning to the era we find ourselves in. Thankful for this.

Edited by Lane Visitor
  • Like 5

I can not get it over my head tho.. 

Blackbox Life Recorder 21f EP costs twice as much as Collapse EP but contains less than half of the track length 
Should it not be the opposite? 

It is just so short! And maybe 2 tracks are pretty identical  

Why not give a little bit more bang for the buck? :shrug:

• Like 1

Also wanna say, in an excited way, it feels with this one, that's he's abandoned the "I can do this" / "hold my beer" type thing and left the modulars and synth flexing behind for a bit more in favor of music, melody, groove and atmosphere.. Also brings back the feel of some of the chill tracks from Come to Daddy EP. 

Id happily pay for this record.

Edited by Lane Visitor
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, cern said:

I can not get it over my head tho.. 

Blackbox Life Recorder 21f EP costs twice as much as Collapse EP but contains less than half of the track length 
Should it not be the opposite? 

It is just so short! And maybe 2 tracks are pretty identical  

Why not give a little bit more bang for the buck? :shrug:

Pretty simple… the cost is going towards the fancy, custom packaging. 
spacer.png

spacer.png

If you don’t want the truly unique packaging option then you are in luck because the mp3 copy is only $4 :spiteful:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1