IGNORED

Barcelona 16.06.23 (WAP483), Sónar Festival 10”

cern

the beginning of rfc pt8 on headphones has this weird sensation of a tiny man with a mallet hitting my headphones from the inside. 10/10 afx putting gnomes in our ears now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, trying to be less rude said:

is there a good rip? how is it labeled?

I think it is a good rip those wav that was posted everywhere 

It is a very nice stereo mix but sure there is some sparkles/small noises but nothing big

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

is there a good rip? how is it labeled?

When you find it let me know ?

(I’ll buy flac from the store if it gets upped ofc). 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Haha 1

I think this is pretty fun because, while these festival tracks are not flashbangs in your face, they're really effective floor tools that you can say "oh yeah, heard that" after the show. One of the stilson tracks played for just a bit in Houston and I can remember thinking: "that's a heater right there". It was fun to hear it when I got home. I'm wrong if these didn't drop in the actual show in Barcelona. 

• Like 2

On 6/30/2023 at 4:44 PM, Mattthegoone said:

The twilight zone

IMG-20230630-WA0003.jpg

discogs goes bunkers already . people were just buying to sell..boo on you :aphexsign: to push such a market with this limited bs.

image.png.31c88f1cf77c50588f1004e91e64c826.png

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, iococoi said:

discogs goes bunkers already . people were just buying to sell..boo on you :aphexsign: to push such a market with this limited bs.

Yeah, as much as I expected to see this, it doesn’t make it any less lame. Not you, I mean the resellers ofc. There’s so many fans that would just love to have this and actually play it. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, iococoi said:

Think you have  me mistaken for someone else 

• Like 1

Anyone selling a copy of the vinyl?

Tried to get it the other day on ebay but by the time I signed in it was gone, they then put it up for around £100 more but I asked if they would kindly sell it for the same as the othern person got it for.

No I was told as the last 2 he /she said sold really quickly and now if I wanted the last one it would be like 400€. It sold then they listed 2 more  so that's a total of 5 atleast cards they had.

C##T

• Like 3

Shits crazy.. Many poor people are buying the limited vinyls on Festivals because they want to sell it on EBay and earn money fast as hell. 

I will hire 30 guys on Field day to buy 30 limited Vinyls and then I sell them for 10x the money on Ebay 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, cern said:

Shits crazy.. Many poor people are buying the limited vinyls on Festivals because they want to sell it on EBay and earn money fast as hell. 

Isn't that like 90% of Record Store Day customers too?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, silentvision said:

Anyone have speculation to significance of colors on these releases? Along with the Korg Trax release.

image.thumb.png.8dc68df5f02a303cc9b1189b71df7ce2.png

If you mix green and orange you get brown which is a reference to how shit these tracks are

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Flashback to Day for Night vinyl:

@WaxenPith - my roomy for the wknd -  messages from the venue as I queue for tickets "they got freaking exclusive afx vinyl" "Can you get me one??" I say

I get in, can't find WakenPath nor rave with him, then meet loads of other wattmers, see copies being used as umbrellas, rage to Aphex first show in years,  and eventually reconnect with waxenpath at the hotel for a bathroom rave and hes got my lovely Houston wax. LEGEND!

Flashback to Field Day vinyl:

I get to the venue ahead of fellow-travellers as rumours have spread theres an exclusive vinyl at warp merch in venue. I arrive and sure enough there's one-per-person records for sale. You get a hand stamp to show you got one already. I get mine but have orders to get 2 more for my mate queuing but also for David freaking Firth who we're meeting inside! So I take off my glasses, put on a hat, take off my hoody and with my cunning disguise and having rubbed off my stamp I get wax #2.  Theyre wise to me now - theres about 3 warp merch agents there.. so I ask a couple walking by .. who never heard of Aphex Twin .. to please get  me a vinyl (im sort of hiding behind a tree now and I have also 2 aphex plastic carriers with me). They oblige and I get wax number 3. to be honest I do feel bad about it but i know theyre going to mega-fans so all good. We have to carry our vinyl all through the fest and David Firth is well pleased with his surprise gift. at one point i check the grooves and realsie its  bloody album of 11 tracks. what a day!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, phudoshin said:

Flashback to Day for Night vinyl:

@WaxenPith - my roomy for the wknd -  messages from the venue as I queue for tickets "they got freaking exclusive afx vinyl" "Can you get me one??" I say

I get in, can't find WakenPath nor rave with him, then meet loads of other wattmers, see copies being used as umbrellas, rage to Aphex first show in years,  and eventually reconnect with waxenpath at the hotel for a bathroom rave and hes got my lovely Houston wax. LEGEND!

Good times, you know I got your back! Now go get me one at the next show and instead of taking it back to the hotel just ship it to the United States lol