IGNORED

AE_Live 2022

YELLOW

yeah, amazing set. falls somewhere right in the middle of 14's full frontal dance assault and 16's psychedelia imo.

not gonna rank these (yet...), but yeah, somehow the later versions (bergen/turin) seem a tad more restrained, which actually helps in terms of dynamics. like, i think, around helsinki they start turning "pads" completely off when that clanky part comes in around the 40 min mark, just to let them resurface slowly, great dramatic effect.

and yo, don't even get me started on the b side, that final droney hip hop part is quite something, innit? the sound of determination.

• Like 3

Yeah I'm loving the sets.  Very busy, but surprisingly transparent on good cans.  Feels like a good compromise between the two production styles, and gives a nice new flavour.  I was quite surprised when I went back for a listen to Dublin 18 at how relatively sparse is was.