IGNORED

AE_Live 2022

YELLOW

7 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

makes me super curious on which version they'll elaborate this year... if any rly: didn't sean say they're stitting on 6 hours worth of live set stuff or something?

also is it just me or is his visualizer tune sprinkled in these here n there? i mean this one:

oh, thank god for the "visualizer" tune. how many times I've let it just play endlessly, particularly when I'm not in the mood to listen to "music"

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Now that I think about it I haven't listened to ae in forever. My music tastes have been more conventional as of late I guess. Time to pick up these sets!

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Big Brain 1

I’m old now and not sure if I can trust my critical faculties any more.  Is ae live relevant? Being unsure, I bribed a gen z person, who called themself Kayden-Ligma, and made them listen to Athens in a small room. I watched them from a corner, not breaking eye contact the whole time to ensure that they were not distracted by the TikTok.  At the end they just said “yeah bro it’s bussin.”

I don’t know how to interpret that. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Burger 3
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

I'm almost finished with the Athens set but so far it's the only one I've listened to. Can't say much atm because it's too early. But I'm also grateful for new Ae release, even if it's more live sets.

Guess I'll save the London sets for last, based on what's been posted so far.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 9:47 PM, danshoebridge said:

That section from 27m to 46m in Helsinki for example is just 'difficult' on so many levels - atonal, aggressive, with very little to cling on to as it just keeps battering away.

I really like this section.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

I really like this section.

yeah especially the first 10 minutes are among my fav. and those are really all but atonal, you gotta concentrate on those subdued female choirs humming somewhere in da bg, it's harmonically laid out yo. apart from that the groove fucks with a running start.

• Like 1

don't know if that has been discussed yet, but the batch being labeled as AE_LIVE 2022- (instead of just 2022), and the individual files being all numbered as -01- does somewhat suggest there might be more sets added later, maybe? :huh:

image.png.b6dec356f1fc6fa5844b22967ad493ce.png

• Like 6

ngl i was really bummed when it turned out the one that they played on my birthday (AE_LIVE_BARCELONA_030622) wasnt in the batch because im really annoying about shit like that but then again they did say that the recording was fucked so eh what can you do

• Sad 1

On 8/16/2023 at 7:26 PM, jaderpansen said:

makes me super curious on which version they'll elaborate this year... if any rly: didn't sean say they're stitting on 6 hours worth of live set stuff or something?

also is it just me or is his visualizer tune sprinkled in these here n there? i mean this one:

Thanks for reminding me about this, I really enjoy it and haven't revisited it since Sign was released. I don't specifically hear it in these sets, but there does seem to be a connection, and that makes sense because it was during some of the Twitch stream chats in the spring of 2020 that Sean said he and Rob had been working on the live material as their recent focus.

It's likely contemporaneous. It seems to share some attributes with ecol4 as well, which also has its DNA in a lot of the live material (including London B, seemingly).

Edited by mTesc
  • Like 3

Loving Athens and the two London sets atmosphere. I haven't been able to check out the rest 

These sets seem way more nervous and manic than the onesix batch, I like that!

1 hour ago, thejewk said:

The lady that did the other AELIVE edits has done them for 22.  Looking forward to giving them a listen for sure.

Thanks! I guess I missed those other edits. Currently downloading, but if someone cares to comment on what I can expect, I'm all ears. I mean, does she copy paste different parts from different sets into tracks? Or just one long file? Seems like the file could be chopped into individual tracks. And I guess she just named the tracks herself?

Thanks! I guess I missed those other edits. Currently downloading, but if someone cares to comment on what I can expect, I'm all ears. I mean, does she copy paste different parts from different sets into tracks? Or just one long file? Seems like the file could be chopped into individual tracks. And I guess she just named the tracks herself?

afaik she cuts the best parts of individuals parts/songs and assembles them into a “definitive” version, yes fan made titles
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thejewk said:

The lady that did the other AELIVE edits has done them for 22.  Looking forward to giving them a listen for sure.

yeah, i loved the 2016 edits, cheers!

unfortunately dls don't seem to work? or is it just me?

This is all about London B last 20 minutes.. 

I hope they are releasing more music like this. I Was kinda surprise to hear "Normal beats" 
Are they in Ableton now maybe and making a more clear structure than the non-grid stuff? Sounds dope! 

• Haha 1