IGNORED

AE_Live 2022

YELLOW

31 minutes ago, cern said:

This is all about London B last 20 minutes.. 

I hope they are releasing more music like this. I Was kinda surprise to hear "Normal beats" 
Are they in Ableton now maybe and making a more clear structure than the non-grid stuff? Sounds dope! 

Maybe it would be done quicker with Ableton, or with FL Studio's Arpeggio Machine or splice loop packs of classic 90s hip hop, but I think they just mastered their own tools. It takes a lot to do straightforward stuff as good as this!

so um

i just accidentally listened to AE_LIVE_ATHENS_050722 on 2x speed for my first ever listen of it bc i forgot to turn off the tempo changer on music player

it sounded pretty great ngl but jfc

now im restarting the set at 2am

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 1

london b finale feels so (problematic yet) empowering, a desirable state which honestly is not easy to uphold for me atm... oh and yeah, in fact quite darkish blue mountainscape-like. #aenthem.

sean thx.

• Thanks 1

so far i've listened through Helsinki and London B twice. these are fucking incredible what the fuck. sometimes the London goes into Coil territory for me - BLD and WTG in particular - in terms of some of the crusty metallic tones and just the unsettling but chill vibe.

• Like 6

On 8/20/2023 at 12:15 PM, thejewk said:

The lady that did the other AELIVE edits has done them for 22.  Looking forward to giving them a listen for sure.

also in my case the download does not start, I hope to find another source. Onesix and ae_live were excellent, I guess the same goes for this one; just wondering how a human being can sift through and intercept all the best details in a 6+ hour sonic odyssey in such a short amount of time. I'm still gasping for some orientation

• Like 3

also in my case the download does not start, I hope to find another source. Onesix and ae_live were excellent, I guess the same goes for this one; just wondering how a human being can sift through and intercept all the best details in a 6+ hour sonic odyssey in such a short amount of time. I'm still gasping for some orientation

i’d guess by putting them all side to side in a DAW and comparing all of them to each other.

but yes i’m still gasping for some orientation as well

On 8/20/2023 at 9:07 PM, cern said:

This is all about London B last 20 minutes.. 

I hope they are releasing more music like this. I Was kinda surprise to hear "Normal beats" 
Are they in Ableton now maybe and making a more clear structure than the non-grid stuff? Sounds dope! 

lol i hope youre taking the piss

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/19/2023 at 8:29 AM, mTesc said:

Thanks for reminding me about this, I really enjoy it and haven't revisited it since Sign was released. I don't specifically hear it in these sets, but there does seem to be a connection, and that makes sense because it was during some of the Twitch stream chats in the spring of 2020 that Sean said he and Rob had been working on the live material as their recent focus.

It's likely contemporaneous. It seems to share some attributes with ecol4 as well, which also has its DNA in a lot of the live material (including London B, seemingly).

Re: "visualizer tune" mentioned by @jaderpansen

I do think that, for instance, I'm getting some really similar vibes at around the 52 min mark of London A. I haven't really compared the two musically, but sonically and in terms of feel, there might be a relationship, yeah.

• Like 1