IGNORED

what do ladies like?

luke viia

plz share experiences with partners past & present

I have discovered: 

listen more than you talk,

ask about mundane things,

then ask profound things (this may or may not plz any given lady)

take them places where they can dress for the occasion,

window shop even if you hate it. and get used to buying nothing in art galleries. they will in turn get used to you buying 12 books or records instead of one at the cool store you pretend not to haunt,

movie + dinner is a lame date unless you both love getting high and being weird in public, then it's pretty great,

trim and polish your fingernails ffs,

ask them how they get off when they're alone and follow their lead, cuz just like you, they know how to cum stupid hard, and you have a tongue that can reach farther than theirs,

fingers in the mouth is a more common turn-on than expected,

tell her what you want in every arena of life: your career, your relationship, your feelings for (or against) starting a family, your horniness, your emotional needs, your deepest intellectual fascinations - if she's into you, this will all be crucial information eventually. 

don't fail to communicate any of these things, you'll just end up hurting one or both of you. be real.

ok, plz add helpful hints. I know this place is 90+% dudes but ladies pls chime in if you're here and okay with it

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

don't put all your cards on the table too soon. play it cool and reveal your inner self gradually and naturally (ultimately do be real and honest, as mentioned above). if you move too fast you can kill it. this is not how it should be but a lot of women are just wired like this, to everyone's detriment including theirs.

6 hours ago, luke viia said:

plz share experiences with partners past & present

I have discovered: 

listen more than you talk,

ask about mundane things,

then ask profound things (this may or may not plz any given lady)

take them places where they can dress for the occasion,

window shop even if you hate it. and get used to buying nothing in art galleries. they will in turn get used to you buying 12 books or records instead of one at the cool store you pretend not to haunt,

movie + dinner is a lame date unless you both love getting high and being weird in public, then it's pretty great,

trim and polish your fingernails ffs,

ask them how they get off when they're alone and follow their lead, cuz just like you, they know how to cum stupid hard, and you have a tongue that can reach farther than theirs,

fingers in the mouth is a more common turn-on than expected,

tell her what you want in every arena of life: your career, your relationship, your feelings for (or against) starting a family, your horniness, your emotional needs, your deepest intellectual fascinations - if she's into you, this will all be crucial information eventually. 

don't fail to communicate any of these things, you'll just end up hurting one or both of you. be real.

ok, plz add helpful hints. I know this place is 90+% dudes but ladies pls chime in if you're here and okay with it

Depends on the age / maturity level of the woman.  Less age / maturity generally means they just wanna have fun (like men generally do at any age / maturity level :dadjoke:).  Next phase is they're probably looking for a "project", i.e., a bad boy who every girl wants, but they themselves want to be the one for whom this bad boy will change.  (Of course these are gross generalizations but are probably more common at younger ages.)

If you're talking real, serious relationships, then you got a lot of the points.  Of course it depends on the woman on order of importance, but in my experience:

• Be honest, don't lie about anything even if it is stupid and mundane (guys, you're not as convincing a liar as you think you are; she can often see right through you)
    • Losing trustworthiness / credibility by lying even about stupid stuff is a cancer in a relationship
    • If she calls you out for acting stupid or doing something that was objectively wrong, swallow your pride, immediately own it, and apologize
  • Communicate your feelings as soon as you realize them and have honest conversations about both of your feelings toward important things
  • If you are having an issue with her, don't wait to have an honest conversation at an appropriate time, don't let things fester; and let her know that you want her to do the same
  • Listen when she's talking and internalize, don't be afraid to ask for clarification if her feelings are not clear to you (they often aren't clear to me :wtf:)
  • Do things that make her feel loved and important, even little things can go a long way here
    • Always putting effort into the relationship is very important, especially after marriage
  • Devote a fair amount of time to doing things that she likes, and hopefully she'll do the same for you (I don't know how many times my wife has gone with me to shows even though she doesn't really care about music that much)
  • Take care of yourself, physically and emotionally; nobody wants to be with someone who is a mess
  • In the bedroom, don't be selfish.  Either read her cues if you have that ability or just ask her what she likes.  If she's a good partner, there will be times when she gets to be selfish in the bedroom and times when you get to be selfish (all within your respective boundaries) and times where it works out for both of you, hopefully all relatively balanced.
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, EdamAnchorman said:

Communicate your feelings as soon as you realize them and have honest conversations about both of your feelings toward important things

familiarity and mutual trustworthiness are a pre-requisite for this.

• Thanks 1

I'm somewhat confused by these lists of things women like sometimes. Like are you actively revisiting lists that have to remind you to be curious about your partner? Heartfelt questions come from the obvious place. Not a list. Which I'm not saying you're doing, but sometimes I think people do that, and women can feel that I think. Like those weird "The Secret" techniques of hitting on women, godawful stuff. I'd say listen to your beautiful human that's coming along on your ride. Really listen. Ask her how her day was because all day you've been wondering how her day was and now she can finally tell you about it! It might have even sucked. But that doesn't matter. Because you just want to know what one of your favorite humans experienced. The most mundane experience told from the perspective of her can be like reading your favorite new book. Except you can bake your favorite book cakes and make it smile. Make her little notes and hide them in her clothes sometimes. Calender app works too 🙂 I wish I was more direct about my struggles with my ex honestly. At the time I was afraid it would be too much, which turned out to be the case anyways. Maybe looking at it together would've been the better choice still. Most definitely is. We only have this much time on this planet, and even less so with people we meet, so being honest even if it makes our little silly knees shake should always be worth trying

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chronical said:

I'm somewhat confused by these lists of things women like sometimes. Like are you actively revisiting lists that have to remind you to be curious about your partner? Heartfelt questions come from the obvious place. Not a list. Which I'm not saying you're doing, but sometimes I think people do that, and women can feel that I think. Like those weird "The Secret" techniques of hitting on women, godawful stuff. I'd say listen to your beautiful human that's coming along on your ride. Really listen. Ask her how her day was because all day you've been wondering how her day was and now she can finally tell you about it! It might have even sucked. But that doesn't matter. Because you just want to know what one of your favorite humans experienced. The most mundane experience told from the perspective of her can be like reading your favorite new book. Except you can bake your favorite book cakes and make it smile. Make her little notes and hide them in her clothes sometimes. Calender app works too 🙂 I wish I was more direct about my struggles with my ex honestly. At the time I was afraid it would be too much, which turned out to be the case anyways. Maybe looking at it together would've been the better choice still. Most definitely is. We only have this much time on this planet, and even less so with people we meet, so being honest even if it makes our little silly knees shake should always be worth trying

love this post and totally understand why lists seem weird, guess I just wanted to try to invite people to share their experiences of good relationship advice and you absolutely came through on that one! 

• Like 1

just be yourself. make them laugh. don't be a dick. be interested. listen. get their pet to like you. be supportive. don't simp. if the chemistry isn't there don't force it. 

go see a good 3D movie. 

Edited by ignatius

Relax. People usually have ro experience a lot of fuk ups before the maturity of easy come easy go kicks in. Some other nerd is into what you're into. No doubt. This is all coming from a massive idiot. 

• Like 1

they prefer smart, confident, witty, friendly, down-to-earth, genuinely positive gay men, over insecure, juvenile, smug, self-assured, slightly depressed straight men, who can't figure out a way to get their mental shit together.

• Haha 1