IGNORED

Digeridoo expanded version coming 31 May

avinit

Based on the "high-quality" version of ab3 .215061 he shared a few years ago, which I was impressed by, I was hoping for a little more clarity in these versions, but there's only so much you can really "restore" out of already-tape-saturated data I guess.
They do feel punchier and less "noisy" thanks to the equipment and Beau's work, but the difference isn't as striking as the AB3 track was.
Neat, thanks, will replace my listening mp3 of Didgeridoo with the cr7e version when I can.

Hoping for more 'restored' versions of classics that can add a little more sparkle and immersion.

• Like 1

I just spoke to Richard and he said that's how it's supposed to be heard. He said all of the (33 RPM) Drukqs tracks on YouTube are the official versions too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

nvr forget being played this record in it's generic silver r&s sleeve, way back when, by staff at central station, flinders st. store, melbourne - who recommended it being rite up my alley; which it was, & still is: the sheer confidence in syncopation & production, the tracks' flow, their industrial strength & spaced-out funk almost supernatural. ffs the breakdowns. had heard his analogue bubblebath track before at raves, but this ep was my introduction to :aphexsign: & that cherished, much played vinyl went on 2 clear &/or resuscitate many a dancefloor. haven't as yet heard these new slo versions, but love rdj's uncompromising depth & wizardry of that techno era - xylem tube, caustic window, quoth, ab3, curve & mescalanium untd rmxs etc.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

I'm fine with the addition of slower, heavily saturated alternate versions since they might come in handy, but it kinda bothers me that one of the most pronouncedly different – Flap Head (Cr7e Version) – was the one to be left out of the vinyl version... Maybe we didn't need 3 Digeridoos or 3 Isoprophlex, but oh well.

Edited by Neurodancer

Looking forward to listening to the Phloam versions. Always one of my favorites.

On 6/4/2024 at 2:14 PM, o00o said:

Do you guys really bother with this? 

Kinda. I'm actually glad about remastered versions of old stuff, Cr7e versions are MUCH better, great dynamic and boost. Very enjoyable to listen on headphones.

• Like 2

I despise digeridoos, can't avoid the image of hippies and dreadlocks... same goes for this afx song... I'm sorry, it's a bad track... but what do I know... I don't like the simpsons, nor the thing and I'm not too much into SAW so... just shoot me already...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...