IGNORED

Digeridoo expanded version coming 31 May

avinit

Posted (edited)

Bandcamp

Whilst digging in his DAT archive (allegedly stored in an airtight military ammo box), Richard James revisited the recordings, encoding them through a Nakamichi CR7e cassette deck, using the customised deck with vari-speed to encode at speeds “felt right at the time”. Alongside these CR7e versions, the original mixes have been remastered by Beau Thomas at Ten Eight Seven Mastering, offering a dilated insight into one of electronic music’s most endearing releases.  

Edited by avinit
  • Like 5
  • Farnsworth 1

Posted (edited)

I'm going to say it: Digeridoo is from his early 'repetitive' era and is quite boring. Like its 15 seconds of really amazing sound construction, but then repeated 50 times. I guess its ok for a 21-yeer old who's off their face.

Nice to revisit a bit of history but give me anything from Analord over Digeridoo any day.

Edited by zazen
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

70 fucking dollars, will stick to digitals.

IMG_8597.jpeg

Damn! Mine was about $45 to the UK.

Still felty like a sting for a record I own the original of, but fuck it. Keen to hear these remastered ones...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, zazen said:

I'm going to say it: Digeridoo is from his early 'repetitive' era and is quite boring. Like its 15 seconds of really amazing sound construction, but then repeated 50 times. I guess its ok for a 21-yeer old who's off their face.

Nice to revisit a bit of history but give me anything from Analord over Digeridoo any day.

Yes, Syro will be 10 in a few months, new music please...

• Like 1

I quite like Digeridoo, even nowadays I play it fairly often so looking forward to it. As zazen says it's pretty simple and repetitive but sometimes that's a good thing. Isoprohlex is also a tune, so a few new different versions of that and I'm 'quite' excited tbh. Digital will be fine thank you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

70 fucking dollars, will stick to digitals.

IMG_8597.jpeg

Sometimes it’s better not buy vinyl on bandcamp if you have a local distributor as well. The shipping can be much cheaper and you receive the shipping more early. Had to learn this the hard way 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

Yes, Syro will be 10 in a few months, new music please...

I’ll say it again, Digilords pls. Or the lush unreleased live tunes like Bliss 2d G-major and the fat AF cowbell banger.

• Like 5

A remastered EP (that didn't need remastering) coupled with same EP, ran through a cassette deck?

R&S, scraping the aphex barrel for 30 years and counting

• Like 7

Got good memories and good times tied in with The Digereeedooo tune so I guess that also puts a bit of sunshine in my summertime step 🌞

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nil said:

I’ll say it again, Digilords pls. Or the lush unreleased live tunes like Bliss 2d G-major and the fat AF cowbell banger.

We get this shit while we should be listening to Ploink and Waffleland 

• Haha 1

Great release. At the time, there was nothing on earth that sounded as harsh/brutal while still being highly danceable. Gotta keep that in mind. 

Also, arguably the best one from “The Aphex Twin” 

I already have the original so I’m good. 😎

• Like 4

this is fantastic news!! 😃

so all this time, RDJ really was working on a custom-built deck to produce remasters of his original cassettes and DATs. it feels unreal to think it was 2017 when he first talked about setting this up, it sounded a little bit like a fantasy "what if i did this" kind of project.

i'm not expecting these new remasters to sound like new tracks, or to be sounding completely different to the originals. i'm just really excited to here what these tracks sound like when they've been through this magic Cr7e machine. and we know that RDJ and Beau Thomas go back a long way, they're the dream team.

8 hours ago, Consul said:

I want SAW 85-92 to have the same treatment please. It's much more worth it.

definitely this 👍 if we're getting Digeridoo from R&S then that's a really good sign. SAW 85-92 would be the go-to holy grail for this type of project so let's see what happens next.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have the original BE and UK R&S versions from 1992, both are getting a bit worn out due to 30+ years of deck time - nice to get a fresh remastered pressing with extras. I'd love to get a new Xylem Tube w/ extras, too. SAW 85-92 and Classics would be nice as well.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1