IGNORED

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Guest absolu

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to wait to see what kind of quality is that digital download.... if it's anything below 256kbps I'll pass. I hope for the highest of quality, in a way we won't be getting proper redbook CD quality until December.

Anyway this will get a normal distribution in stores in december, that's why they are offering this. Perhaps the Starbucks new label as the rumors go by. Since they are saying that the Diskobox thing won't ship until December 3rd, we can expect a store release on that day too.

i wonder how it will be distributed on the 10th of october, there will be literally tens (if not hundreds) of thousands people downloading it, perhaps if they set up some kind of p2p thingie or torrent tracker then it would be less of a problem, and the size won't matter as much so they will be able to encode it in higher quality, even flac maybe.

..not that it matters to me, i'll be happy with whatever.

No, the CDs won't ship until December, all we will have is digital downloads until that. They might be 192kbps, 128kbps, flacs, whatever. Nobody knows. I'll wait to see before I buy.

Anyway fuck the cheapstakes who will torrent it for free.

Guest mrgypsum

it appears they are only offering the first cd as a download, not the second one - i cant believe this is the only way to get it, i would JUST buy the cd, i have no means to play vinyl.

Guest blutac

this really should be in the main forum isn't it pretty fucking important in the whole grand scheme of things. Can't believe its only 2 pages. I think its fucking amazing what they're doing and if it works could be the start of things to come

So in the future instead of having independent labels and major labels we're going to have artists who established themselves with the help of major labels selling art packages, and major labels. Yeah the future looks great.

So in the future instead of having independent labels and major labels we're going to have artists who established themselves with the help of major labels selling art packages, and major labels. Yeah the future looks great.

that makes no sense. in this case it would be the major label who's losing the established artist, not the indie label. major will have to find someone to replace, that's good.

and this doesn't affect the indie label actually.

If this album is four times as good as Hail to the Thief, than it still isn't worth more than 15-20 dollars.

gotta agree with you there. however, if it's more like kid a, i'm interested.

"that makes no sense. in this case it would be the major label who's losing the established artist, not the indie label. major will have to find someone to replace, that's good.

and this doesn't affect the indie label actually."

People have a finite amount of money to spend on music, generally. Very few music buyers (except for thom yorke buying the entire warp records back catalog) have all the money in the world to get all the music they want. So it stands to reason that if someone were buying a regularly priced cd as opposed to the deluxe art package, they would be spending the difference on other music they enjoyed. And what music do you think a person who spends 81 dollars on a radiohead art package would enjoy?

Hail to the Thief opening = ripped off from Neil Young

But it's still good :)

Anyway I can't wait to see the quality of those MP3, it'll decide if I download for free (buying it later) or buy it now.

"that makes no sense. in this case it would be the major label who's losing the established artist, not the indie label. major will have to find someone to replace, that's good.

and this doesn't affect the indie label actually."

People have a finite amount of money to spend on music, generally. Very few music buyers (except for thom yorke buying the entire warp records back catalog) have all the money in the world to get all the music they want. So it stands to reason that if someone were buying a regularly priced cd as opposed to the deluxe art package, they would be spending the difference on other music they enjoyed. And what music do you think a person who spends 81 dollars on a radiohead art package would enjoy?

So it stands to reason that when you can pay 0 (zero) dollars for the album, that no other band indie or not is losing a potential sell from this.

or are you saying that established artists shouldnt release music?

---

get this, for the indie label: radiohead alone = radiohead on major label.

"So it stands to reason that when you can pay 0 (zero) dollars for the album, that no other band indie or not is losing a potential sell from this."

Not really, if you pay nothing for an album you probably do that all the time anyways.

"or are you saying that established artists shouldnt release music?"

No I'm just saying that they shouldn't be such a presence on so many peoples musical-purchases-pie-charts.

Guest awkward

we've decided to download the mp3s and then wait for the cd only version to be released. why the hell do we want it on cd and vinyl? eh? eh? 80$ nah mate nah.

and radioheads our favorite band

Archived