IGNORED

Thom Yorke - Suspiria (OST) (October 26, 2018)

silentvision

Thom Yorke's first film score, all original music, written for Luca Guadagnino's new feature film, Suspiria.

thom-yorke-suspiria-1536074487-640x640.j

1. A Storm That Took Everything

2. The Hooks

3. Suspirium

4. Belongings Thrown In A River

5. Has Ended

6. Klemperer Walks

7. Open Again

8. Sabbath Incantation

9. The Inevitable Pull

10. Olga’s Destruction (Volk tape)

11. The Conjuring of Anke

12. A Light Green

13. Unmade

14. The Jumps

15. Volk

16. The Universe is Indifferent

17. The Balance of Things

18. A Soft Hand Across Your Face

19. Suspirium Finale

20. A Choir of One

21. Synthesizer Speaks

22. The Room of Compartments

23. An Audition

24. Voiceless Terror

25. The Epilogue

Can it compete with the original?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno.  I feel like the original was lightning in a bottle(both movie and soundtrack).  Good luck to them, but I'm not holding my breath.  They should just remake Phenomina and have Jennifer Connelly play the lead.  

original movie is one of the most overrated movies ever but the soundtrack is good. the thom song seems weirdly out of place to me, way too pretty, but this new one doesn’t look anything like the original so maybe that’s what they’re going for.

Got them Thomy feelz on 'Suspirium', love it.

I binged a load of Argento films (Deep Red, Tenebrae, Suspiria, The Bird With The Crystal Plummage) in my teens and don't recall being particularly impressed by any of them. The Goblin OSTs were a centerpiece of the works for sure and those are some shoes to fill, even for Thom.

Suspirium is up on Spotify. 

I was tempted for the vinyl because it looks very sexy but resisted. I tend to find film scores and soundtracks because of their hit and miss nature are perfectly suited to Spotify, as you can remove what you don't want and create something perfect for yourself.

Requiem For A Dream for example is one of my favourite Spotify albums, it's an amazing run of tracks but only because I've taken bits and pieces out. Jonny Greenwood's You Were Never Here is also another example.

Looking forward to the album (and film looks great too)

I've had this on loop since it was released. So nice.

I hope the bleeps n bloops are kept to a minimum. Maybe those awkward rhythms are replaced with weird dissonant strings and things.

Yeah, but in case of Thom I do not care about the instrumentation...

Could you guys recommend me some Jonny Greenwood stuff?

I read somewhere that quentin tarantino cried when he saw this remake

hehheh

maybe he was having a very depressing day and the trailer didn't make things any better like he'd hoped?

d10ec8809d5629a4d4e069c1e8016313.png

I mean, it sounds like a Thom Yorke track. Not bad, just everything you'd expect it to sound like, for better or worse.

The original Goblin score was just magical and otherworldly. It's as synonymous with the film as Vangelis is to Blade Runner and John Williams is to Star Wars. The remake actually looks quite interesting, but all I'll have in the back of my mind (or rather my ears) is the knowledge that Goblin did a better job 40 years previous.

we really live in a bleak new era. amazonstudios, netflix, and hulu churning out utter trash and eventually even a lot of people with "good taste" swallow it gladly. forget about the kids that are growing up on this stuff.

has nothing to do with art. has everything to do with how many different kinds of people can be tricked into streaming all of it. it's like, after a while, you forget what a good movie even is, and you think sneaky pete is AMAZING.

which is why most streaming platforms keep all of the 3.5/4 roger ebert movies buried deep, and all of the shit on top.

I read somewhere that quentin tarantino cried when he saw this remake

hehheh

maybe he was having a very depressing day and the trailer didn't make things any better like he'd hoped?

d10ec8809d5629a4d4e069c1e8016313.png

it was an exclusive screening actually , I think he really liked it

i was just kidding. 

but also, not sure whether i really would take his reaction to mean anything considering he loved 'amer' which i absolutely hated (another attempt at doing an argento-giallo-type piece) not to mention it's been "intensely divided" and the trades described it as a film that takes itself so seriously it forgets to scare you.

if it was an original film- i'd (maybe) give it a chance. as a remake, i'll take my chances and wait for it to show up on cable

Archived