IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

sorry, just to correct myself - Simmm is dead on 5:00, so i suppose technically, 3 tracks break 5min... that and the last two tracks.

well.... I respect them by buying their music, the only ones to blame are warp, they should jsut announce the albums the day it's out, this would avoid all this.... ( as well as the hype, the press reviews and stuff, which is not really good for the band.... well maybe not....)

I'LL SERISOULY BY THE ALBUM WHEN IT'S OUT!! SO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE THE PROMO, PLEASE RIP AND SEND TO ME AND I PROMISE I WILL NOT SHARE IT TO ANYONE...I HAVE GOTTEN UNRELEASED STUFF AND NOT SHARED IT BEFORE IT HAS BEEN RELEASED.

PS. I AM SERIOUS!

KPLZ THANKS

Edited by azatoth

(Theswere is fucking brilliant)

well whatever theswere is, it heavily samples from a song i made that i only distributed on soulseek called Anterior. I would love to find out who made this, because its damn hilarious to be sampled from. but at the same time its mixed with parts of AE's 2005 live sets, there is no doubt about that. its just im really fucking confused.

Edited by Ghostbusters III

The MP3 of this week’s show has been taken down. This is due to Autechre objecting to the fact that the show featured three tracks from their forthcoming album Quaristice.

This is from that thread about that radio show. I guess Autechre don't think it is cool that people listen to their album before it is released.

Guest Caustic
now how on earth are autechre sposed to feed their families if everyone only bought ONE album.

you buy the album to what? support them!? i'm sure they (and their empty stomachs) appreciate you purchasing only ONE copy of their album. sheez.

just £2 a month can buy an undernourished electronic music duo a generative patch.

please give now.

well whatever theswere is, it heavily samples from a song i made that i only distributed on soulseek called Anterior. I would love to find out who made this, because its damn hilarious to be sampled from. but at the same time its mixed with parts of AE's 2005 live sets, there is no doubt about that. its just im really fucking confused.

Phew, it's the only one I haven't liked so far.

I'm glad that I'm old and decrepit enough to remember a time when I had to wait for records to actually be released in order to listen to them. And as regards whoever was on about wanting to get your money's worth from buying an original copy, I couldn't agree more. I've ordered the Japanese CD as well, so I'm fucked if I'd ruin all that by downleading a shitty leak even if I could. Don't mean to come across as self-righteous or anything, I just want my first time with Quaristice to be special, you know?

well.... I respect them by buying their music, the only ones to blame are warp, they should jsut announce the albums the day it's out, this would avoid all this.... ( as well as the hype, the press reviews and stuff, which is not really good for the band.... well maybe not....)

This doesn't work in you know, the business world. Sorry for your utopic views.

I'm glad that I'm old and decrepit enough to remember a time when I had to wait for records to actually be released in order to listen to them. And as regards whoever was on about wanting to get your money's worth from buying an original copy, I couldn't agree more. I've ordered the Japanese CD as well, so I'm fucked if I'd ruin all that by downleading a shitty leak even if I could. Don't mean to come across as self-righteous or anything, I just want my first time with Quaristice to be special, you know?

leak or stfu

leak or stfu

I leaked just thinking about the Japanese CD.

leak or stfu

how dare you fuckstick! just the postings of thoughts outloud about wanting to have the japanese cd when misread as i havea promo really irk the fuck out of all of us stop

Well, good morning everyone, seems like last night's fever has gone done a bit isn't it ???

I have to say, this was a funny evening.... and Simmm is great (as well as theswere, even if it's fake ;) )

Guest dangulberry
jesus christ just wait it out people. respect autechre by listening to it at the proper time.

What? How about:

jesus christ, people. respect autechre by listening to it.

leak or stfu

how dare you fuckstick! just the postings of thoughts outloud about wanting to have the japanese cd when misread as i havea promo really irk the fuck out of all of us stop

Just reread my post sober. I did of course mean I've preordered the Japanese CD and will be doing the same for the UK CD when it's available. I don't want a leaked copy before I get those. Sorry, wasn't trying to wind anyone up.

Edited by Caretstik

interview with sean bagged. good chat, top bloke as expected, will post up the transcription when it's done. which might be next week sometime. maybe stick up the audio, but meant to ask if he be cool with that and forgot.. so probably wont for the time being, maybe another day if i get the clear on it.

and yes, watmm/xlt featured in the chat at the end...

looking forward to catching them at the glasgow gig now. big up the chaps!

full interview published in Reverb on 3rd March. Same day the album comes out - by sheer coincidence as it happens.