IGNORED

P-Brane

Guest Neolmas

Guest Neolmas

P-Brane is my favourite Plaid release, if you take them as a whole. I feel it has the best flow as a whole and all the tracks are excellent. I would love to hear more like that, and I really hoped when it came out that Plaid were going to go more in that direction. I liked Spokes a lot, but several tracks on it really don't do anything for me.

There isn't a Plaid release that I dislike, nor even a track really, just a bunch that don't appeal at all. They're not bad, maybe just boring to me. P-Brane just really sticks out.

• 2 years later...

P-Brane is a great transition between Double Figure and Spokes. I love P-Brane aswell. their EP's are always bloody good (but too few and far between, imo): Undoneson, Booc, etc. - fucking fantastic. almost a decade on now and P-Brane still sounds like it was made yesterday....

Timeless Plaid, Halt Time and Space. Timeless. Fuck the scenesters. :)

their EP's are always bloody good (but too few and far between, imo)

Very much agree sirch. Going from how much live only and unused stuff they seem to have accrued, maybe they could easily have banged out a lot more EP-type releases than they actually have done.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

coat: 4.6 in quality, 5.0 in originality

diddymousedid: 5.0 in quality, 5.0 in originality

stills: 5.0 in quality, 5.0 in originality

mfaus: 4.8 in quality, 5.0 in orgylibility

all hail the p-brane ep!

Guest sirch

agreed.

it was their last brilliant EP since Booc. in fact it was their last EP, lol....

we're due another one aren't we, shouldn't we be? i bloody hope so mates. :)

Ahhh yes P-brane is tops.. full of good party vibes that makes me wanna get up and jack my stuff! "STILLS" has to be one of my favourite Plaid tracks... great tune! "Coat" is another beauty too! Would just love it if Plaid released another four track 12" EP, my SL1200 would love it too. So Plaid, please bring out another four track EP.. if not for me then for my dear old SL!

• 1 month later...

I agree about the brilliance of the whole P-Brane EP, but any love for Stills in particular? Surely one of the most beautiful tracks they've ever produced?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhOmBYp7Vi4&playnext=1&list=PL7AD25CE8EAA87769

Stills is a fucking insanely good track! One of my favorites by anyone!

P-Brane is an absolutely stellar EP, and including the video for Eyen on the CD as a bonus doesn't hurt either!

Guest sirch

sucks when all there is to talk about is an EP that was released nearly 10 years ago! ???? ......... :(

come on, Plaid! (c'mon Warp. fs)

Guest sirch

dunno what i was goin on about there. there's loads to talk/chat/speculate about. :)

+ everyone loves P-brane!

(still(s), we could do with some Scintilli, too)

Know what you mean mate.. just wanna hear some new Plaid tunes.. it's been a while apart from the odd youtube upload from live shows, ect.

It's knowing how good the next album is gonna be as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived