IGNORED

PIC of Aphex Twin performing Now from COACHELLA!

Guest aphexvancouver

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pete is your friend

the quality on this is great, and im nitpicking here but anyone else wanted to strangle that guy at 15:48. he must have been really close to whoever was recording or had the loudest voice on the planet. it happens a few more times later on in the set, its a deep exaggerated "Yeahhhhhhhhhh", same inflection everytime too, which was kind of funny.

the quality on this is great, and im nitpicking here but anyone else wanted to strangle that guy at 15:48. he must have been really close to whoever was recording or had the loudest voice on the planet. it happens a few more times later on in the set, its a deep exaggerated "Yeahhhhhhhhhh", same inflection everytime too, which was kind of funny.

nah actually that guy makes me lol ever time i hear him. i'm glad he's in there, HA. i just think of like, this jock bro kid that's waiting for Pedulum but he's really getting into this.

Guest hyperball
I'm glad he's in there, HA.

Yeeeeeaaoooowh!!

btw, is that a Calvin Harris T-shirt he's wearing?

post-4157-1209780335_thumb.jpg

IMG_2835.JPG

Nice pic! I watched the end of the video again, this is awesome to see him get into the show.

Listened to him talk again afterwards, this is what he was saying while commenting to some fans about the show:

RDJ: "I wish it could have been like 3 hours or something... I only found out I was doing an hour here today, I was planning on doing at least an hour and a half; I'm like an hour?, fucking, took me 2 weeks to sort my visa out and I'm only playing an hour..."

Guest griever

i hope that he's going to come to germany, too :smile:! i never experienced him live... would be great if i could talk to him one time and maybe take a photo together with him (if he would allow)!

@PhonicBoyOnDope: have there been much people that wanted to talk to him at the festival? how was his reaction when you spoke to him ^^?

Guest hahathhat
love the music, whats that track that was about to start up on the second vid? haha the beachball deflection! he swatted that thing as if beachballs were thrown at him in public on a regular basis.

mrs. james has a thing for them and the bank is just choc full of beachballs don't you know

Guest dwarde

00:00 Intro

02:20 Public Enemy - Welcome To The Terrordome

04:02 Run DMC - Beats To The Rhyme

05:28

07:00 Strafe - Set it off (Edit?)

09:20

10:42

12:18

14:30

16:49 LFO - Track 4

17:34 The Night Writers - Let the Music Use You

21:24 Gregor Tresher - A Thousand Nights

24:03

26:12 (gabber)

27:50 (jungle)

29:29 Macc - Think Down (Syncopathic)

33:06 Fracture & Neptune - Apollo (Subtle Audio)

35:14 ASC - Confusion (Transmute)

36:44 dgoHn - Elle (Subtle Audio)

40:06 System Of A Down - Chop Suey (Drum & Bass Bootleg)

41:18 Noisia & Mayhem - Exodus

42:50 Dub-One - Volcon (Xtinction Agenda)

45:15 Vertigo - The Drained (Droppin Science)

47:26

48:23 Current Value - Machines

49:24

50:51 Current Value - Fear

More tracks been IDd :)

IMG_2835.JPG

lol

hate to sound like i keep on trying to rain on everyone's parade but when I saw this the first thing I thought was that he was ragging on the crowd, notice right after he does it he just walks off the stage like "wheres my bus"

IMG_2835.JPG

lol

hate to sound like i keep on trying to rain on everyone's parade but when I saw this the first thing I thought was that he was ragging on the crowd, notice right after he does it he just walks off the stage like "wheres my bus"

You sir are an idiot, notice my posts from early. Not only was he in a good mood, he also seemed to be in no hurry to leave. He stood around the show for at least 20 minutes afterwards even though he was getting pressured by someone he was with to get going. Doesn't sound like he was in too much of hurry to me. To quote him again as I did only a few posts above:

RDJ: "I wish it could have been like 3 hours or something... I only found out I was doing an hour here today, I was planning on doing at least an hour and a half; I'm like an hour?, fucking, took me 2 weeks to sort my visa out and I'm only playing an hour..."

i read your post. and yes I understand you can read minds as well. what am I thinking right now?

easy... you are thinking your vast knowledge of shit allows you to portray your opinion as what's best and right for others.

Have you seen other Aphex sets? This is by far one of his most energetic shows, that's about the most movement you'll see out of Richard during a set.

RE: above image (how does one quote an attached image??)

It's good to see Old Man James settle comfortably into his second childhood.

phonic boy; did you get any backstage video recording at all as you said you met RDJ? Did you get to see any equipment he was perhaps handling,, just curious to know what mixer he used

he already had all his gear in the backpack or put away by the time we got there. his mixer is on post #123 of this thread, and in Phonic Boy's avatar too.

i read your post. and yes I understand you can read minds as well. what am I thinking right now?

easy... you are thinking your vast knowledge of shit allows you to portray your opinion as what's best and right for others.

Have you seen other Aphex sets? This is by far one of his most energetic shows, that's about the most movement you'll see out of Richard during a set.

with all due respect, can you please stop being so pompous, it's extremely irritating not to mention typical of an electronic music board poster.

yes it is my opinion, but never did i say anyone had to agree with me. you seem to be doing that, though

oh and by the way did anyone else notice when he left the stage he didnt even take his records/gear with him or anything he just walked off

after seeing this and the tracklist im inclined to believe he just grabbed random records that happened to be laying around the venue when he arrived and played those for his set, or stopped at a local record store 30 minutes before going on stage bought the first 20 plates he saw and when he was done was just like whatever and just left all the crap behind

not sure if anyones posted this yet

oh yeah it looks like he soooo wants to stay, more like "oh man i have to talk to these americans now"

the guy is like "METNAL AS ALWAYS MAN MENTAL MENTAL" and aphex is just like OK shake my ahnd and let me leave please

Archived