IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

although i strongly believe that console gaming and the related industry is one of the main causes of human retardation in the west it is quite refreshing seeing this discussion and a game that's actually challenging and fresh and also mainstream.

Guest AcrossCanyons

although i strongly believe that console gaming and the related industry is one of the main causes of human retardation in the west it is quite refreshing seeing this discussion and a game that's actually challenging and fresh and also mainstream.

is it even within your power to make a post that isn't putting down consoles or praising pc gaming?

no, and you reminded me of another issue..apparently the textures on the pc version of rage us pc gamers have to endure are ripped straight from the no-gfx-memory console versions of the game.

i dont like pc gaming. heres my problems.

first of all i dont get immersed into games when i am playing on a keyboard and mouse.

with controllers i feel like i can get into this cinematic zone where everything i do kind of has a smooth realistic motion to it and i can get a lot more into it, and the controls just FLOW, they sit in your hand and you move the buttons and etc etc.

the other thing: pc gamers are dicks, i have met tons and tons of nice peoople on left 4 dead 1and 2 on the xbox . theres a really good community on there, same with bad company 2.

however when i got those games for the pc and started playing them i realized every single game i was in there was a troll who was only there to screw with people, OR, there was just a whole bunch of assholes who say words like 'baddie' and 'scrub' and 'no skillz n00b'.. its stuff that i forgot existed, and hearing people use that kind of disgusting language causes me grief..

the other thing is, on the pc, the skill thresh hold is a lot higher for everyone whose playing, all the movements are really fast and you basically have to focus on constantly being 1000% aware at all times and focusing on this competitive aspect, and it makes it more frustrating when you get killed and some how its less rewarding when you kill people.

also i like the SMOOTH ease of use of the consoles. you just plug yer disc in and give er heck. theres nothing to fiddle around with theres no problems theres no compatibility issues with your console or settings and etc etc. the interface is made for GAMING and thats all there is to it. you can easily get in contact with new people at all times who are into playing games and you just ad them to your friend list or join a party or what ever its just basic all around FUN.

ALSO: i like having surround sound in the living room with the big tv and having people watch and take turns or play multiplayer. thats just fun. you cant do that stuff on the pc, the pc is a solitary troll-like experience where you just feel alone. and people always tell me BUT U CAN BRING UR PC TO THE LIVING ROOM yes you can. but thats just stupid, nobody would do that. nobody wants a big fat computer sitting in their living room hooked up to the television, theres no multi player so whats the point, its not cinematic because the skll thresh hold is way higher so youre fuckin zip zappin the mouse all around the screen and doing unrealistic movements because thats how you have to play to win, youd have to what get a TV dinner tray to hold your mouse and keyboard? this stuff is just ridiculous and theres no way it would be fun or sensible.

anyways those are my thoughts on why console gaming experience is better than pc . if you disagree ur quite frankly probly just a stupid person but thats ok because i repsect your opinion.

ok thanks for reading my post have a nice day.

while the first parts are very subjective the thing about moving pc gaming in the living room is just stupid max, you dont have to move anything you only need an hdmi cable from the pc to the reciever or a tv and a usb cable with a hub on its end for the keyboard and mouse or any other wireless controller, it depends on your apartment but it's a one time investment that'll make your experience less solitary and troll like.

this is a wireless mouse and keyboard, to position the mouse comfortably i used a high tech technology called "a stack of books", the keyboard sits on the knees. of course you could do with any other controller.

DSC00128.jpg

this is one of the wharfedale diamond 10.1 speakers, it's hardly top range hi-fi but it sure beats all those amplified 5.1 packs by creative or logitech

DSC00127.jpg

this is a 37 inch lg tv with a high quality ips panel showing your stupid post and an older, but very nice marantz sr6300 a/v receiver to the right to which an spdif cable is connected

DSC00126.jpg

now if this kind of setup looks like a challenge you should probably murder yourself.

its not a challenge and you missed my point completely.

you selectively picked 1 thing that i wasnt even talkin about and said WELL LOOK ITS EASY TO SET UP A PC IN THE LIVING ROOM.

duh thats not the point

and PS do you use the word 'baddie' when youre playing games?

its not a challenge and you missed my point completely.

you selectively picked 1 thing that i wasnt even talkin about and said WELL LOOK ITS EASY TO SET UP A PC IN THE LIVING ROOM.

duh thats not the point

and PS do you use the word 'baddie' when youre playing games?

the major point is that the pc can function as a console with much less effort involved than commonly believed, and my pc is in a different room obviously.

im using myriad of bad words, especially in bad company 2.

Probably getting towards the end of ICO. Some of the puzzles are pretty challenging. Good game so far.

As for me, my bedroom, living room and computer room are all the same little room. So I can game quite comfortably no matter whether I'm on console or PC. I very much enjoy gaming on both. I think I like gaming on my PS3 slightly better than gaming on my PC. It really depends on what game I'm playing though.

Just finished Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. It was okay. I would have liked to see more variation in the gameplay, especially near the end. I got tired to tailing people and then assassinating them. This game reminded me of the Hitman series, but those games (at least the last one I played) had more options for how you could take down your target.

Also, the ending was shit.

Broke down and picked up Rage last Friday - some brief thoughts for anyone planning on getting it (for Xbox 360 specifically):

- Install should definitely be done, as it cuts down on loading/texture pop-in from everything I've heard. Load times are very, very slightly annoying, but not too bad. Also, you CAN install one disc at a time, which is Ace for those of us w/ a piddly 20 gig hard drive

- It ain't borderlands. It ain't Fallout. Much less RPG, much more FPS, but I'm frankly A-ok with that. It's like if Fallout was less plodding and tedious, which is kind of what I wanted Fallout New Vegas to be (but wasn't). Basically, it's a game where you blow the ever living crap out of everything you see, and that's about it. If you want more/different, you'll be disappointed. I just finished Deus Ex which is like the polar opposite (but similar in that both these games feel like polished throwbacks to PC gaming days.) A good palate cleanser - for example there is no limit to your inventory, once you have a weapon, you have it for life. You can stockpile anything you want. Etc.

- Driving is a lot more fun than I expected - basically, at this point, a way to get from point A to point B quickly, but also blow more crap up.

- Did I mention you blow lots of crap up?

- You do repeat visit certain locations, and the "levels" themselves are deceptively linear - which is to say that the "levels" you move through funnel you down a (mostly) straight path even though it doesn't always "look" that way. Which, again, I'm totally fine with, but partly because that's what I was expecting. Kind of arcadey in the sense that you basically have this shooting gallery of enemies who fly at you and your goal is to kill them as quickly as possible.

- High degree of polish. Just in general - texture pop-in aside, the sound, weapons, defrib mini-game when you die, placement of incoming swarms of enemies - all of it just feels really well designed.

Probably something to pick up once the price drops (which it surely will) but definitely a fun ride so far . . .

I just sold that piece of garbage called Gears of War 3.

Now i'm wondering whether I should buy Rage or Dark Souls.

Halp?

wouldn't recommend lashing 60$ at rage, it's a very average linear shooter with some new tech involved.

Archived