IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Guest Pennywise

playing spiral knights a lot atm

i gave up on spiral knights when i figured out they geared it so it takes for-fucking-ever to get anywhere (say, past tier 3 gear) without spending actual money.

It's cool at first, then you realise it will take forever to get good weapons. Then you realise the game is fucking boring and stop playing forver. I liked the concept though, just wasn't fun enough to spend money on.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw they've released a triple set of Jak & Daxter. I didn't know much about 2 & 3. I think I'll have to get this. Got Dark Souls yesterday and just started on that really.

Guest viscosity

also Alan Wake was just released for PC. played it a bit on 360 and looking to play some survival horror

Alan Wake is a survival horror as much as The Suffering was a survival horror. As in it's not.. It's an action game, a third person shooter really.

I was so disappointed by Alan Wake actually. Fantastic graphics and atmosphere, marred heavily by repetitive gameplay and kinda weak writing.

arguable I suppose. well I'm primarily a PC gamer, i'd recommend Cryostasis or Penumbra for real survival horror

Now playing Metal Gear Solid 4. I have been shitting my pants since the beginning but the game is too easy (I chose Normal difficulty).

Same here. Almost done. Almost a perfect game.

Once in a while I sit down and just play through every game chronologically. It just keeps getting better and better.

I wish I could play through MGS1, my absolute favorite, but for some reason I can't buy it through PSN. I've got a copy of that and Special Missions. Such a shame it's going to waste.

Oh, and I didn't care much to play through Peace Walker this time around. It just doesn't seem like a game in the proper MGS spirit.

I want to play the MGS saga, just finished the first Metal Gear for the MSX2 but I really don't feel like playing MG2

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

never played but portal but i picked up portal2 as everyone seems to love portal. it's alright. makes me feel smart. but does it go anywhere?

Guest Enter a new display name
Now playing Metal Gear Solid 4. I have been shitting my pants since the beginning but the game is too easy (I chose Normal difficulty).

Did you play 1-3? I find #4 is the perfect ending to that story series, loved it!

Of course I did. 5X265.gif

Once in a while I sit down and just play through every game chronologically. It just keeps getting better and better.

I wish I could play through MGS1, my absolute favorite, but for some reason I can't buy it through PSN. I've got a copy of that and Special Missions. Such a shame it's going to waste.

Just buy MGS: The Essential Collection for PS2, if you have one.

Guest ansgaria

Did you play 1-3? I find #4 is the perfect ending to that story series, loved it!

Of course I did. 5X265.gif

Just buy MGS: The Essential Collection for PS2, if you have one.

I had no idea such a pack existed. Either ways, I don't own a PS2 anymore, sadly.

I DL'ed Strider for Genesis on Wii VC last Saturday as it was oringinally an xmas present for me when I was 12. I clocked it on factory settings after 3 tries. Good times once again! My goal is to "one-man" hard mode. I'm also working on doing a speed run for Super Adventure Island for PCE/TG16. As for new games, I think I will pick up Silent Hill : Downpour on payday.

As for new games, I think I will pick up Silent Hill : Downpour on payday.

I think you should wait until the reviews come in. It looks pretty fucking terrible compared to what you've come to expect from Silent Hill... eeeh... at least from the first three Silent Hill games.

As for new games, I think I will pick up Silent Hill : Downpour on payday.

I think you should wait until the reviews come in. It looks pretty fucking terrible compared to what you've come to expect from Silent Hill... eeeh... at least from the first three Silent Hill games.

Yeah it's the first Silent Hill in the entire series that I'm not going to bother with, looks even more diluted than Silent Hill: Homecoming.

I wonder if they'll be worth a damn to people who have never played them before? I bet they'll still look relatively good but I'm more worried about the gameplay. I haven't played a Silent Hill game since the fourth one (*rests face in hands while sobbing*) but even back then the controls were pure torture. Tank controls at its worst.

I wonder if they'll be worth a damn to people who have never played them before? I bet they'll still look relatively good but I'm more worried about the gameplay. I haven't played a Silent Hill game since the fourth one (*rests face in hands while sobbing*) but even back then the controls were pure torture. Tank controls at its worst.

If they're anything like the Resident Evil games (I recently tried playing 4... the controls! (flips table), then I might not like it and opt for Downpour instead (assuming they give it FPS-style controls for the character).

If they're anything like the Resident Evil games (I recently tried playing 4... the controls! (flips table), then I might not like it and opt for Downpour instead (assuming they give it FPS-style controls for the character).

Like I said earlier, I would probably wait until the reviews are out of the box... I mean... It looks terrible, it's made by a Czech game company, and they haven't shown ANYTHING from the game since E3 2011. Those are NOT great signs. Also, instead of carrying on the Japanese design of Silent Hill, they've decided to stick to the trash Hollywood barfed up when they made the movie. Homecoming did the same thing.

Guest Sprigg

How is amalur mediocre? I mean it's ok if you don't like it but both story and gameplay are one of the best things those types of rpg have ever seen. Borderlands is still really fun as a shooter. And the story is not bad, I like it, it's just told very poorly.

The story in amalur just screams generic fantasy to me and the characters are very shallow and underdeveloped. Combat is fun, but there are never enough monsters to make it challenging, sidequests are horrifically boring and most rewards are useless by the time I get them... those are my main gripes. It's still fun, but it has a lot of issues. I know most of those can easily ne applied to skyrim and most other games, but they really bring down the koa experience for me.

I wonder if they'll be worth a damn to people who have never played them before?

depending on the type of gamer, yeah. I played my first SH game in Dec last year (SH2). agree about the controls, they were fokken terrible, but the story/music/everything else more than made up for that. beautiful game. I don't think I can play it again anytime soon though, I found it quite gut-wrenching.

You've played the high point of the whole franchise (though I do have a fondness for 3). That's not to say the others are bad by any means, it's just #2 is always regarded as the best one.

SH 1-4 are all worth playing. Yes, even 4 despite its insistence on having to pace it through most areas and somehow more linear style.

Silent Hill 2 is undoubtably the best and one of the best games ever made. I think it pushed gaming closer to art, it's just such a complete 'vision' of a game. Astonishing sound design and music, gorgeous graphics and a truly engaging story. Regardless of dodgy controls (to be honest I think it's one game where it makes sense, I think playing as just some average dude kind of worked well with clunky controls) it doesn't break the game in the least.

Silent Hill 1 and 3 are the only directly connected Silent Hill games and they're fantastic. The graphics really peaked with SH3 - but make sure you play 1 first.

I'm such a Silent Hill whore, I've got so much love for the series that it makes me so sad to see how the film and Homecoming completely missed the point. Downpour looks shambolic beyond belief.

I haven't played Origins or Shattered Memories yet, but I intend to get round to snapping them up on the PS2. I've heard great things about Shattered Memories in particular.

Archived