IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

alright, so considering that my purchases of Fallout 3 and F:New Vegas didn't have any notable bugs/problems, I sucked it up and bought Skyrim for 30 bucks...god it took so long...got my 10 oz. old school Coca-cola, just ate a breakfast sandwich, no work for two days. Lets do this.

you'll need more than 2 days man!

I'm 80 hrs in and pretty much nowhere near finishing it.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha...i dont plan on finishing it...im notoriously slow at these games. im just now escaping Helgen with that idiot imperial guy. The marksman aiming stuff seems much smoother than Oblivion so far....im sure on a PC mouse it was no problem but on a PS3 controller its impossible to line up the reticule with sprinting skeletons.

also, its annoying me that I have to take time out to carefully line up the reticule to grab shit out of wagons. i spose ill figure out how to make it easier, but now whenever i try to grab shit i knock what appears to be a 1/2 pounds wagon 10 yards down the screen.

But im loving my character so far. Picked a Nord, figured it was straight enough...gave him a bad eye and a scar to match, and since he looks like some old Goth or Celt leader, I named him Odoacer. Awesome.

just got out into Skyrim proper....the textures of the plants are a big disappointment...they look far worse than the ones in Oblivion did...maybe because of the color contrasts? the ambient music is awesome so far. sorry if i blah on too much in this thread for a while, i enjoyed the shit out of Oblivion and ive been looking forward to this one for months

Skyrim snuck up on me. My first hour I wasn't fussed much. Then I strolled into a stream and saw fish swimming about and the level of detail made me fall in love.

the exact same thing did it for me and Oblivion....I think wandering through the forests down from the mountains and came into a huge clearing when this track came on:

[youtubehd]OxuaDhXlJeU[/youtubehd]

it was such a perfect (albeit brief) moment of immersion.

The bit that blew my mind in Oblivion was walking out of the mine into the world for the first time. A game had never been so grandiose before that point.

The bit that blew my mind in Oblivion was walking out of the mine into the world for the first time. A game had never been so grandiose before that point.

Amen to that - In game-time terms it was early evening and after getting out of the lake I walked up the hill and at the top all the deer started to run off in the distance towards the setting sun. Just beautiful !

Amen to that - In game-time terms it was early evening and after getting out of the lake I walked up the hill and at the top all the deer started to run off in the distance towards the setting sun. Just beautiful !

i remember that. fine-tuned my computer and all that. i was way hyped up for the new elder scrolls, i used to love morrowind. the grass and other vegetation looked stunning and when i squinted my eyes it looked photorealistic back then :)

i remember that feeling, only from 02:05 in this instead of oblivion.

hahaha...i dont plan on finishing it...im notoriously slow at these games. im just now escaping Helgen with that idiot imperial guy. The marksman aiming stuff seems much smoother than Oblivion so far....im sure on a PC mouse it was no problem but on a PS3 controller its impossible to line up the reticule with sprinting skeletons.

also, its annoying me that I have to take time out to carefully line up the reticule to grab shit out of wagons. i spose ill figure out how to make it easier, but now whenever i try to grab shit i knock what appears to be a 1/2 pounds wagon 10 yards down the screen.

But im loving my character so far. Picked a Nord, figured it was straight enough...gave him a bad eye and a scar to match, and since he looks like some old Goth or Celt leader, I named him Odoacer. Awesome.

I picked a nord too! Yeah I'm on the PC and the controls are great, I can see how the ps3 controller might be a bit clunky.

You'll get used to it =)

Finished Bayonetta yesterday, a bit late i know! Also I can't wait to start Journey.

And I actually make games myself :) Right now I am working on Nihilumbra, which will be out soon. It's a puzzle-based plataformer for tablet and PC in which you help Born by painting the backgrounds for various effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSmFAAYmJss&feature=player_embedded

If you like it, I would like you to help us in a contest, only the top 10 more voted get to the next phase and it's just a pair of clicks. If that's considered spam or it's against the rules, please tell me and I'll edit the message. No problem!

http://upcvideogames.com/?page_id=26

Finished Bayonetta yesterday, a bit late i know! Also I can't wait to start Journey.

And I actually make games myself :) Right now I am working on Nihilumbra, which will be out soon. It's a puzzle-based plataformer for tablet and PC in which you help Born by painting the backgrounds for various effects.

If you like it, I would like you to help us in a contest, only the top 10 more voted get to the next phase and it's just a pair of clicks. If that's considered spam or it's against the rules, please tell me and I'll edit the message. No problem!

What was your part in the process of making this game?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Did anyone buy batman arkham city for ps3? I got mine on ebay and the dude didnt send the manual, just a fucking catlogue. can someone confirm that there is a manual for this game? EDIT: nevermind I just found a photo on ebay and I did indeed get duped.

and is it worth getting the DLC characters?

Guest Drahken

Tribes; Ascend, shiiiiiitloads of fun. Anyone else playing?

Yea! ID: mantle

Really pleased with HiRez's take. Physics are pretty close in feel to the original, and I like how they kinda mixed the best of Classic tribes and Renegades mod. I played the original for years on a top OGL ladder team.

What was your part in the process of making this game?

I am a programmer, so basically making things move :D

This looks really great, voted.

Thank you.

Tribes; Ascend, shiiiiiitloads of fun. Anyone else playing?

Yea! ID: mantle

Really pleased with HiRez's take. Physics are pretty close in feel to the original, and I like how they kinda mixed the best of Classic tribes and Renegades mod. I played the original for years on a top OGL ladder team.

Oh wow, I had no idea it was That popular. I'm groblehroble in case you'll need a noob gene hater. :)

ugh...what a great series that once was....really sad....next on my list is the HD remakes of 2 and 3, pinnacles of the horror genre IMHO.

so im at lvl 14 in Skyrim and Ive only been on about 3 or 4 quests...this is p[retty epic...ive noticed that my magic does almost nothing against enemies which sorta pisses me off....is Destruction magic worth investing in? also, smithing seems more aggravating to me than interesting.

also, the music that plays in Whiterun at night is absolutely beautiful...its like a classical version of some Sigur Ros song.

Archived