IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Dusted off my GC and am finally playing the Resident Evil remake despite owning it for three years. Seems pretty good and creepy enough. Unfortunately I did not torch all the zombies I shot and there are many Crimson Heads running at me and I've run out of bullets. Fucking piss. Pretty sure this game is mostly about running away from things. Original survival horror ftw.

Also have been playing Fallout 3. Kinda surprised by how fun it is to just run around and explore.

I need some more 360 games. Was thinking about playing SH: Homecoming but I don't want to be too disappointed by it. It seems like it is more influenced by the film or something. Also, I always kinda figured that only James could see Pyramid Head. I guess not.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally passed the asteroid blaster on Dead Space last night - in the hydroponics section. More zero-G madness!

you're getting close to where I am. boss at End of stage 6 for me. It took me several tries for the asteroids, then I woke up the next day and realized you could use both triggers/both cannons, made it a lot easier.

I figured out the two triggers/two guns things straight off - what helped for me was realizing to shoot what was closest first, then go to the next closest, etc. and adjust if something came faster than the rest of them. Also, the asteroids that hit outside your view port don't do as much damage.

It took me a few tries too. But ya, that was the strategy I used.

Yeah... getting towards the end of Chapter 6 now. Also - "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and "Terminator Salvation"? Those are some sad ways to get Platinum trophies, man :emotawesomepm9:

Guest iamabe

I'm trying to get the trophy (Playstation) where you beat the whole game with just the Plasma Laser (the default weapon). So far, so good, but ammo is getting scarce, and I have to sell the other ammo I find just to buy ammo for it.

This is totally possible actually. I ended up relying on it 75% of the game anyway, when I wasn't going for the achievement.

downloading GTA4:TBOGT

i hope i chose the right one to download.

i havnt finished GTA4 yet or even close but i want a slight change before i continue to play the original game.

Finally passed the asteroid blaster on Dead Space last night - in the hydroponics section. More zero-G madness!

you're getting close to where I am. boss at End of stage 6 for me. It took me several tries for the asteroids, then I woke up the next day and realized you could use both triggers/both cannons, made it a lot easier.

I figured out the two triggers/two guns things straight off - what helped for me was realizing to shoot what was closest first, then go to the next closest, etc. and adjust if something came faster than the rest of them. Also, the asteroids that hit outside your view port don't do as much damage.

It took me a few tries too. But ya, that was the strategy I used.

Yeah... getting towards the end of Chapter 6 now. Also - "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and "Terminator Salvation"? Those are some sad ways to get Platinum trophies, man :emotawesomepm9:

lol. yeah it's sad, but as a trophy junkie, I somehow justified it. *shame*

Guest mafted

yep, that's what happens. the platinum for Uncharted was grueling as hell but, somehow worth it. the idea of having an incentive to play or master a game is an awesome idea.

Got past Chapter 6 in Dead Space... unlocked a fuckload of trophies last night on it (mostly bronze though).

I've still got to get my Buzz: Quiz TV platinum trophy (last ones to get, at 97%) and I'm at 50-80% on a ton of games I need to go back and finish completely.

Final Fantasy XIV now has a US release date of Sept. 30 (unless you get the early access Collector's Edition) for PC. i would actually consider getting a PS3 to play a quality MMO on my couch in HD on my 60" screen. as for the PC version, hmm not too sure

Final Fantasy XIV now has a US release date of Sept. 30 (unless you get the early access Collector's Edition) for PC. i would actually consider getting a PS3 to play a quality MMO on my couch in HD on my 60" screen. as for the PC version, hmm not too sure

PS3 version delayed till 2011 I think... what would stop you from hooking your PC to your 60" screen?

Guest Dirty Protest

Gridrunner Revolution, ive no idea whats happening, i dont know if i like it or not, but the colours are nice. Pretty much sums up 25 years of Jeff Minter.

Gridrunner Revolution, ive no idea whats happening, i dont know if i like it or not, but the colours are nice. Pretty much sums up 25 years of Jeff Minter.

LOL that dude shits colour spectrums

PS3 version delayed till 2011 I think... what would stop you from hooking your PC to your 60" screen?

PC is upstairs, TV is downstairs, and believe me too much of an ass pain to move the setup. and my graphics card/cpu is way out of date to boot.

Oh, right, I bought Uncharted 2 (or, another watmmer bought it for me as I didn't have a credit card to order from amazon uk) - I didn't like the beginning as much as the demo, but that was probably due to those guards from the early chapter(s) being so stupid and not ever spotting me, hence taking away the tension. Now thar I've reached the point I knew from the demo and played a bit further, it keeps getting more and more impressing and fun. :smile:

And I finished Mirror's Edge which was kinda the other way round, first chapter was the best and then it kept going downhill. Still a nice game with a cool visual style and well worth the 10 euro I payed for it.

Oh, right, I bought Uncharted 2 (or, another watmmer bought it for me as I didn't have a credit card to order from amazon uk) - I didn't like the beginning as much as the demo, but that was probably due to those guards from the early chapter(s) being so stupid and not ever spotting me, hence taking away the tension. Now thar I've reached the point I knew from the demo and played a bit further, it keeps getting more and more impressing and fun. :smile:

And I finished Mirror's Edge which was kinda the other way round, first chapter was the best and then it kept going downhill. Still a nice game with a cool visual style and well worth the 10 euro I payed for it.

Yes, both are excellent games. In fact, I still need to get the Platinums for both, despite beating both already...

Archived