IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ghost Writer - 8/10

Pretty damn solid. Beautiful locations. Great actors - even Ewan McGregor. And a pretty interesting story.

no way!

He was actually alright. There's usually something extremely cocky about him that I don't like but I didn't mind it this time around.

The House of the Devil - 5/10 pretty poor recreation of late 70s/early 80s demonic horror flicks, didn't really go anywhere with a weak ending.

Iron Man 2 - 8/10 not quite as good as the first, but much more of the Marvel universe and setup for The Avengers, War Machine was badass.

The Road - 9/10 as close to an accurate adaptation of the book as we'll ever see, completely depressing and bleak, but kind of beautiful in its vision. we desperately need to clean up this planet.

Guest Mirezzi

The Road - 9/10 as close to an accurate adaptation of the book as we'll ever see, completely depressing and bleak, but kind of beautiful in its vision. we desperately need to clean up this planet.

Very much looking forward to it. It's coming from Netflix on Blu-ray today. :cat:

Ghost Writer - 8/10

Pretty damn solid. Beautiful locations. Great actors - even Ewan McGregor. And a pretty interesting story.

no way!

He was actually alright. There's usually something extremely cocky about him that I don't like but I didn't mind it this time around.

Great film! A great example of how when a director decides to speak his mind about the ills of the British government, it will land you in prison, for crimes committed in another country thirty years ago in which the victim wants all charges dropped even if you are living in Switzerland....

the credibility of anyone, movie character or real life person finding Maggie Gyllenhaal attractive is almost zero. I actually found her presence in dark knight to be insanely jarring, i would have rather her character just be on vacation during the whole film

I've known a few people that found her attractive in Secretary.

Cocaine Cowboys - 9/10 - The first half of the film made me want to sell cocaine. The second half scared the shit out of me enough that I know I'll never try it. Really great documentary. I've been reading a book about the prohibition of alcohol in the 20's and the parallels to the modern day "War on Drugs" are crazy.

Dreams with Sharp Teeth 5/10 - This was a documentary about sci-fi writer Harlan Ellison. I have to admit that I've never read anything by Ellison and this film really didn't give me much of an idea of what his writing is like, more than to say it is science fiction and has been popular. It delves more into Ellison's infamous antics during his life as a semi-celebrity (probably the most entertaining bits in the film). But he's too much of a blowhard to be sympathetic in any way and everyone they interview suggests that he's a genius but the documentary doesn't do a good job convincing me.

Guest analogue wings

Cocaine Cowboys - 9/10 - The first half of the film made me want to sell cocaine. The second half scared the shit out of me enough that I know I'll never try it. Really great documentary. I've been reading a book about the prohibition of alcohol in the 20's and the parallels to the modern day "War on Drugs" are crazy.

Wrist slap for not mentioning the original score by Jan Hammer.

Also, do NOT watch the sequel. It's completely different in style, they only interview one guy, and he's obviously talking a complete pile the whole time.

the new timburton alice in wonderland movi

5/10

so horribly average and boring, mostly because of the script. there is no convincing scene at all.

fuck Tim Burton!

Micmacs - 8/10 - the newest film by Jeunet, in which a man goes on a mission to find out by whom he was shot in the head, that is really all the description I can give of the story without making it sound less than amazing, which it is...

His attention to detail in sound and camera operation and the execution of said detail is some of the best in film history and this is no exception. A much more interesting film than his last, A Very Long Engagement, because it moves at such a fast pace while maintaining his masterful handling of story lines without it getting jumbled in any way, shape or form. Jeunet at his best. I would put it up there with Delicatessen and Amelie. And maybe with The City of Lost Children but that one is hard to beat. Watch this if you are a fan. :mu-ziq:

i watched it tonight. very entertaining.

Watchmen 7/10

Great movie.

Need a wank now though, she is HOT.

saw 'her' at my old job...she is hotter irl! :crazy:

can never remember her name:

Malin Åkerman

125687d1258462913-pretty-girl-thread-malin-akerman-nude.jpg

double yum!

nsfw

Malin%20Akerman%20Nude%201%20-%20Harold%20and%20Kumar.jpg

I thought Oprah was pretty awesome in it....

Gritty, Fat, and Super Ghettotastic.....

I think she must have been raped in real life, was so realistic, I would know.... :ohmy:

Wrist slap for not mentioning the original score by Jan Hammer.

Also, do NOT watch the sequel. It's completely different in style, they only interview one guy, and he's obviously talking a complete pile the whole time.

Yes! The score was awesome too.

I totally had "Part 2" in my queue, hoping it would be as awesome as the first. I'll make sure to delete it.

Baadasssss! - 7/10 - Holy shit, Mario Van Peebles directed a decent film! The movie is about Melvin Van Peebles' (Mario's father) struggle to independently finance, produce, write, shoot and star in, 'Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song' in the early 70's. This film should be seen by any person that has any ambition to make art without being funded by a large corporation.

Guest Z_B_Z

Baadasssss! - 7/10 - Holy shit, Mario Van Peebles directed a decent film! The movie is about Melvin Van Peebles' (Mario's father) struggle to independently finance, produce, write, shoot and star in, 'Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song' in the early 70's. This film should be seen by any person that has any ambition to make art without being funded by a large corporation.

i bought this for like three dollars on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. now i need to see his dads films.. pretty amazing what he had to go through to get it all made.

also enjoyed rain wiilsons performance

i'm watching a great documentary series at the moment called ancient aliens that's from the history channel. awesome watch, you can get it from your favorite friendly torrent site

Archived