IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I downloaded the uncut version a while back. I've had the BBFC cut on Blu Ray for a few weeks, not watched it to see the difference yet.

china - a century of revolution (3 parts) - 9/10 - fantastic doc that covers the most important events in china in 20th century, amazing footage, moving interviews. the "culture revolution" part is just surreal. all of it is very thought provoking and relevant.

I saw the thin blue line long before i even heard the name Errol Morris and i was struck by just how goddam hard worked on the reenactments and filler in between the interviews was. I haven't seen in a very long time, i probably should watch it again

Into eternity

A documentary about a nuclear waste repository being built in finland that's supposed to last at least 100,000 years undisturbed. the film has a poetic tone, and i liked that in some parts it seems to be addressed at people watching it in the future, time capsule-like. not much information in it more like a reflection on what a project like this involves, almost a futile effort but that has to be done.

trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX3s0UyGhAE

Guest abreaktor

l'illusionniste - if "belleville rendez vouz" is a 9 this is a sorrowful 5

el secreto de sus ojos - got a little messier in the end but overall GOOD JOB/10

el secreto is a masterpiece in my opinion, one of the few full10/10

that "into eternity" documtnation was extremely douchey and pretentious shit. i HATE it when a good idea is spoiled by that. fuckem

winter's bone - Best Actress Nomination????????? Laura Palmer/10

Yeah this film is fucking BORING and the subject matter being about the worst of the worst America has to offer, its hillbillies....

it is like Idiocracy the extended horror version....

fuck rednecks and films about them that aren't hilarious, all hillbilly films should either be funny or at least entertaining, i.e. Gummo....and Horseapples

i havent seen too many boorman films, but 'point blank' and 'deliverance' are awesome. how does someone who has the ability to make such intelligent, complex, and affective films turn around and make 'zardoz' and 'exorcist 2'?

i need a large poster of this-

PointBlankPoster.jpg

Guest Franklin

this must have been mentioned somewhere in this thread but i cant find it.

"Come and See" translated to english from "Idi i smotri" . 1985 movie of belorussian partisan defense against nazi occupiers during WWII.

I have watched this movie each night for the last 3 nights. I can't remember the last time I was freaking due to a movie.

Archived