IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Coalbucket PI

X Men first class

I wanted some trashy comic book action but this fell a bit short. Introduced a shitload of completely hollow characters that I had no interest in. Magneto almost had a passable storyline and I wanted to bang Mystique but that was pretty much it. Beast looked gay, most of those other mutants were shit and annoying. They could have done with copying the dynamic of one of the first two X Men films because I remember them having some sense of drama or tension and some much more satisfying action. I should have known better though, maybe I should just watch black & white foreign films.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest futuregirlfriend

My Heart of Darkness - Four former soldiers, each from different factions, come together to talk about their experiences fighting in Angola. History and reasons for conflict are only mentioned briefly, but you get it, the documentary is mostly about these guys' grisly tales and feelings about the war they lost their youth, and more, to. More poetic and cinematic than I imagined it would be with references to Apocalypse Now in more than just the title. A few scenes a bit contrived, a few stories a bit suspect, but certainly worth a look. 7/10

Guest Iain C

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 8/10

The original Planet of the Apes is one of my favourite films of all time, and I honestly believe that this is the best sequel/prequel/whateverquel it has ever spawned. Whilst it didn't have the slow burning sci-fi tone of the original, it captured the sheer psychological horror of a mute but intelligent creature treated brutishly and violently by malevolent captors. This was helped along by some of the best CG I've ever seen. My girlfriend and I were rooting for the apes from the start and it hit some surprising emotional peaks.

An excellent movie - although it was my first time in a multiplex cinema since January 2007 and I hated that aspect of the experience. And don't forget, apes and other primates are still held in captivity and abused for research, testing and entertainment. Boycott companies who test on animals, encourage others to treat our primate brothers with kindness and respect, and go vegetarian or vegan if you can. It works for gorillas!

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

blitz 6/10

low budget english film with paddy constidine and jason statham and little finger/wire mayor. statham on double hard form. good ending. was alright. could watch the scene with "gary" (from only fools and horses) repeatedly for the "pencil" line.

paddy wasn't great in this and usually i like him alot. he was just there for the gay joke bait

the wire mayor guy was great though, played it real insane and never wore a shirt

is spike lee really remaking old boy?

Awwwwwwwwwww sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

i like your hotel

i watched SIlent Running a few nights ago and it's probably the worst movie i've ever endured...actually The Evil Dead is probably the worst movie i've ever endured, but it's a pretty close call

Guest Deep Fried Everything

gone in 60 seconds - 8/10 - mostly for the nostalgia factor, plus loads and loads of awesome cars. i can't provide an unbiased opinion of nic cage flicks though, so.. even though he only has a few great moments in this one. the ending is actually pretty suspenseful! this is one of the few movies which my sister and i both love; she was always very much a fan of the big cheesy action flicks (eg xxx, etc).

Just saw this tonight...

01f42_our_idiot_brother_216.jpg

7.5/10

A good time. Flawed in parts, but overall, good characters, good casting, good acting, funny dialogue. Worth seeing.

Also, Steve Coogan and Zoey Deschanel in the same flick. :emotawesomepm9:

Guest analogue wings

Take Shelter 9/10.

The few Americans that get what this film is saying about their country will not be at all comfortable with it.

something tells me you're an avid user of those bags in essines thread..

thor - 7/10

i loved all the asgard over the top, sensory overload cgi shit, it was quite imaginative. the earth stuff was weak, all those tired pop-culture references..still, good ol' hollywood fun, definitely worth a BRrip download.

Archived