IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

dude, you are wrong about him. he has said in multiple interviews things that confirm that he looks up to nazis and probably secretly is one. he didnt take his words back or apologize to anyone and he continuously states that he is against jews, that he hates israel, etc etc.

which i am sure a lot of the people on this forum agree with his views,so you probably dont even understand why that is wrong

but what EVER you guys. thats what i have to say and im saying it, thanks for reading my post have a nice day.

at cannes he said he's in favour of jews but that he thinks Israel is a pain in the ass. do people not realise that he was joking because he was asked about his german heritage? he doesn't seem to get that people just won't like jokes about Nazis, but journalists want to make out that he's actually a proper Nazi sympathiser, which is worse than insensitive joking..trying to destroy someones career. suggesting a journalist holocaust in a room full of journalists was a bad idea... the cannes audience LOVED his sexist (but ironic) ramblings in the same interview......

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you seriously believe Lars Von Trier is a nazi please read this interview

http://www.gq.com/en...ew-october-2011

Notice the date.

Do you know what happened next?

Today at 2 pm I was questioned by the Police of North Zealand in connection with charges made by the prosecution of Grasse in France from August 2011 regarding a possible violation of prohibition in French law against justification of war crimes. The investigation covers comments made during the press conference in Cannes in May 2011. Due to these serious accusations I have realized that I do not possess the skills to express myself unequivocally and I have therefore decided from this day forth to refrain from all public statements and interviews.

Lars von Trier

Avedøre, 5. October 2011

Translation:

you can not troll stupid people anymore. Not even if you are a famous artist.

i dont know but i think i just realized the mystery of why the ghost was after that girl in Paranormal Entity... i think it was because she had huge tits

Been a while since I've seen that film so I googled her. Second search term that came up on google suggestions was 'Katie Featherston cleaveage', so you may be on to something.

Most recent film for me was Drive, and it's one the year's best for me. Well acted, beautifully shot, and it was paced pretty nicely too.

I'm not saying Jewish people being offended by Nazi jokes are stupid, what I mean is that it's obvious that he hates the press and will do anything to mock them. It's just too bad the scum (journalists) make their money out of scandal and will not stop until ruining the lives of anyone as long as there are profits to be made out of the situation.

Also, the censorship is ominous.

david+dark.jpg

A.I. (Steven Spielberg)

This movie gets better and more relevant with every passing year, it is beautiful, perfect.

Debtocracy (Katerina Kitidi and Aris Hatzistefanou)

This is a call to arms for people in Greece. Feels a bit reductionist and the english subtitles didn't help but I didn't know the Ecuador president dude was sooooooo cool, best part of the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpxPo-lInk

you really have a crush on that guy huh

i read your interview, its the same type of thing as all the other ones ive seen lately. hes basically not saying anything about his true views on the subject and just talking about the fact that he said those things..i want to hear him say that what he said was BS and he takes it back.. he hasnt said that, and in the other ones any time he actually does start talking about what he said, he says more of the same as if its not a joke at all.

paranormal activity this time... i dont know which came first but one is definitely a rip off of the other, lots of things are exactly the same, including the fact that the girl who is the target of the demon has huge tits

recently watched hanna. i liked it a lot. it was quite violent but i think it was tastefully done & not too graphic. also liked that it was pretty culturally adventurous.

the day the earth stood still (1951). fucking brilliant! especially as a social commentary. definitely ahead of it's time.

and melancholia - very emotionally provocative. kudos to von trier for being incredibly empathetic in his writing, and then dramatizing that with powerful symbols. while watching i began to think "he must have meant 'nazi empathizer'". but those comments seem to have meant to be at least a bit insensitive; i guess it shows how he can think objectively?. he might be a shit person and a shit speaker, but as long as he sticks to art he can get away with pretty much anything.

not that i'd buy into it though :wink:

Purple Rain - 15 millionth viewing of this but first time in like 20 years or something. Forgotten quite how awful the acting and script are which probably makes it even better anyway. Annoyed Mrs LUDD (1st time viewer) by saying practically every word out loud and constantly declaring it to be the best film ever made.

1,000,000/10

Inheritance - danish drama. Straightforward family / business / greed / power affair that trundles along without much really happening. Felt like watching a made for TV drama yet strangely engaged me for the duration. 6/10

Source Code - Pretty average in all departments. Predictable. The main Source Code Professor guy was really annoying. Entertaining enough but wouldn't merit a second viewing. Probably wouldn't have worked had it been any longer than the unusually short 80 mins. 6/10

Also - I never read DVD box plot summaries or LoveFilm blurbs as I like to watch a film with little to no clue as to what's gonna happen. Last night (after watching source code) I read the little sticker on the plastic LoveFilm sleeve so I could find out the (air force) bird's name (from that clooney plane film) and in about 60 or 70 odd words they manage to describe pretty much the entire plot. Why do they do this? What possible level of entertainment is left when you basically know everything that is going to happen from the get go?

tbh, with Lars Von Trier it's a matter of taste. The problem is the censorship and what this means to trolls all over the world, that's the reason why you should side with him not the Middle Ages people who 'don't get it' but OK w/e. See you in jail in a couple decades.

Modern Times (Charles Chaplin)

v sad story but major LOLS all the way through. I feel bad because I understood like 1/5 of the final performance.

Also - I never read DVD box plot summaries or LoveFilm blurbs as I like to watch a film with little to no clue as to what's gonna happen. Last night (after watching source code) I read the little sticker on the plastic LoveFilm sleeve so I could find out the (air force) bird's name (from that clooney plane film) and in about 60 or 70 odd words they manage to describe pretty much the entire plot. Why do they do this? What possible level of entertainment is left when you basically know everything that is going to happen from the get go?

don't you read the blurb to pick the films you want to see?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

sometimes the blurbs on netflix dvd cases are just plain wrong. who writes blurbs and do they watch the film?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

fresh meat

I watched the first episode of this new peep show writers show last night. half painful acting and half funny. i've heard it dips in quality after the opener so not sure i'll watch anymore, but we'll see. definitely not aimed at me. aimed at much younger people than me.

based off of Schindler's list, Spielberg could also be seen as a Nazi sympathizer. unless you're the type to seperate creator with creation, which imo is impossible.. no one is completely objective with their work. Spielberg just presents it in a less abrasive, satirical way. Von Trier probably just believes in exposure as a method of dealing with issues. playing devils advocate is a way of understanding how these things come about.. people who have a moral polarity of whats right/wrong are quite simply narrowminded

thanks for posting what i was trying to say without being a total asshole. much appreciated

coincidentally, 'Melancholia' doesn't mention Hitler at all.

and 'Stalker' can best be understood by reading the novel that the film is based on: http://en.wikipedia....Roadside_Picnic http://www.cca.org/cm/picnic.pdf

much like it's synchronistic-universal counterpart '2001: A Space Odyssey', in which the novel is worth reading as well to better understand the extreme depth at which this story conquers: http://en.wikipedia...._Odyssey_(novel)

fresh meat

I watched the first episode of this new peep show writers show last night. half painful acting and half funny. i've heard it dips in quality after the opener so not sure i'll watch anymore, but we'll see. definitely not aimed at me. aimed at much younger people than me.

it's got a female version of super hans, pretty much. i wouldn't say it dips in quality but i don't particularly like it.

based off of Schindler's list, Spielberg could also be seen as a Nazi sympathizer. unless you're the type to seperate creator with creation, which imo is impossible.. no one is completely objective with their work. Spielberg just presents it in a less abrasive, satirical way. Von Trier probably just believes in exposure as a method of dealing with issues. playing devils advocate is a way of understanding how these things come about.. people who have a moral polarity of whats right/wrong are quite simply narrowminded

thanks for posting what i was trying to say without being a total asshole. much appreciated

so if someone is against nazis they are narrowminded. ok

fresh meat

I watched 30mins last night, Jack Whitehall had been putting me off and unfortunately I was justified - it was terrible. That Josie is fit though.

Archived