IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Limitless 6/10

interesting premise, strange implementation. the problem was that you never really got to know the guy so when he used his 100% brain to first win on the stock market (bad timing as everyone hates these guys now right? but he's our hero...) and then to become a politician - we have no idea if he's a good guy or a bad guy. so we're left not sure how to feel about him running for president. i did like the trip type moments with the zoom effect.

louis ck - hilarious hilarious/10

Incendies 7/10

Fairly grim, fairly fucked. Still a great movie

oohh, i watched this a couple of months ago. the scene with the little girl and the burning bus had me bawling.

i watched robocop recently. i thought it was a family movie, fuck. not prepared for that level of gore.

Four Lions - 5/10 - Started off trying too hard with shit black comedy jokes and got progressively less tedious as the film went on. They did all blow up in the end so that probably put the score that high.

Guest Coalbucket PI

The Wind That Shakes The Barley

I don’t think Ive seen any Ken Loach films since Kes but I thought this sounded good. I liked it but it was hard going and a little hard to engage with. On an emotional level it was easy to follow but I didn't always know why people were doing what they were doing

I don't think Ive seen any Ken Loach films since Kes but I thought this sounded good. I liked it but it was hard going and a little hard to engage with. On an emotional level it was easy to follow but I didn't always know why people were doing what they were doing

Ken Loach's Looking for Eric (with Eric Cantona) was (ridiculous but) good

Guest AcrossCanyons

tintin is a pretty solid 6/10. i know next to nothing about the comics/cartoon tho. it looks incredible, however.

I don't think Ive seen any Ken Loach films since Kes but I thought this sounded good. I liked it but it was hard going and a little hard to engage with. On an emotional level it was easy to follow but I didn't always know why people were doing what they were doing

my name is joe and sweet sixteen are bleak and gritty but excellent. both scottish funnily enough.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I was intrigued by the premise but I could only really visualize it as being a bit awkward and shit

Four Lions - 5/10 - Started off trying too hard with shit black comedy jokes and got progressively less tedious as the film went on. They did all blow up in the end so that probably put the score that high.

Wow really that low?

I guess the environment really matters, but I saw it on film in a theater full of americans who know nothing of Morris, or even british black comedy so they ate it up, while at the same time being uncomfortable. Which is the point. I enjoyed it. Not the best film, but it had some great moments, and the cinematography actually worked it its favor and was consistent throughout. Fairly well acted as well. I'd give it a 6.8

Guest Xenblake

Enjoyed 'Four Lions' much more on second viewing.

I can see why people might be disappointed in comparison with Morris' other work, but 5/10? No way it's that bad.

Stranger Than Paradise 8/10

These cool foggy autumn days have put me in a righteous Jarmusch mood, also listening to alot of Tom Waits.

Wow really that low?

I guess the environment really matters, but I saw it on film in a theater full of americans who know nothing of Morris, or even british black comedy so they ate it up, while at the same time being uncomfortable. Which is the point. I enjoyed it. Not the best film, but it had some great moments, and the cinematography actually worked it its favor and was consistent throughout. Fairly well acted as well. I'd give it a 6.8

i totally agree with spratters score.

no but i was flipping through a recent entertainment weekly and was reading that a couple jackson c frank songs are perfomed in it. 'marcys song' and 'marlene'. apparently the director had already named the film and had never heard of frank or those two songs before and decided to include them.. that alone makes me want to see it. theyre just poorly recorded outtakes in the form that frank has them but theres an undeniable magic. very cool that theyre getting more exposure. truly underrated songwriter. kind of a tangent but what the hell.

Archived