IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest viscosity
Kill List is on sale (or has leaked), someone go watch it then meet me back here. The less you know about it the better.

Oi oi you lucky people!

i saw it yesterday, 75% of the movie was almost perfect for what it is, but then, i don't know...

i was expecting some kind of mental/psych theme but instead i was presented with a cult, didn't like it, ruined it for me, and it made the end scene 100% predictable which was a shame.

i'm not hating i'm just sad cause i was digging the hell out of this movie/10

Yeah I was undecided about that on the first watch, I picked it up today so will see how I feel about it on the second run.

I've read interviews where the director compares the plot to the current economic climate and the way people have unfortunate things thrust upon them that they don't fully understand by a system beyond their control. This certainly applies to the film and adds weight to the grim conclusion.

have you seen "a serbian film"???

I am almost ashamed to admit that I have, before seeing this film I heard Mark Kermode's review and he mentioned how it owes something to A Serbian Film so the moment the hunchback arrived for the fight I was able to guess where it would lead, bastard!

yeah i accidentally despoiled that last bit so the Serbian film comparison was a big hint.. guy was a loose cannon though, don't feel bad for him after he decided to gun all those cultists down, poor cultists, judging by their behavior the entire ceremony/sacrifice was probably consented for, that or they were all on pcp

Guest disparaissant

Ha:)

I may change my mind on second viewing, but yeah. I had bad taste in my mouth from all the over the top action the film focused. Don't mind me, I have no soul etc.

and hey i might change mine too.

i thought it was quite good though. looking forward to the sequel!

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Jane Eyre - OK

Mongol: The Rise to Power of Genghis Khan - OK

Midnight in Paris - almost OK

need to watch something good now

wtf mongol was crwzy good and midnight in paris was one of the best of the year!

Austin Powers: international man of mystery

Absolute classic. memorable scene after memorable scene. + liz hurley

yo how good is the swedish version of "the Girl With the Dragon tattoo"?

I liked both versions equally. 8/10.

I saw the new version on Christmas eve with my Aunt. It was touching lol.

midnight in paris was one of the best of the year!

i'll have to see this. even though he has less than 400 posts, ex-voto liked this and he's partly french.

i watched Cave of Forgotten Dreams with ex-voto last nite btw, liked it even more: 8.5+. stunning texture.

and soms lols. "man in the vu-Ture". silly herzog voice-overs. dramatic music.

Guest bitroast

midnight in paris was one of the best of the year!

i watched Cave of Forgotten Dreams with ex-voto last nite btw, liked it even more: 8.5+. stunning texture.

and soms lols. "man in the vu-Ture". silly herzog voice-overs. dramatic music.

i've been watching so much herzog lately. he's brilliant and over the top at times, but it's totally brilliant and i've been loving alot of it :)

little dieter needs to fly and grizzly man are both 9 somethings/out of 10.

Watched girl with the dragon tatoo (fincher's take). It was pretty good, but it felt more like something I would just wait to see at home. I found it hard to watch, but that could have just been because the projectionist was not very good and the movie was long. I thought it was really well done. I'll give it a solid 7.8

As someone who hasn't read the book I can still see the weakness in what a direct adaptation will do to a film. Certain parts felt too jumpy between what was discovered and how the plot changed from then on, while other parts felt drawn out, perhaps to coincide with a detailed emphasis on certain areas from the book.

Like the part where the girl is looking over the records all night and going back and forth between the two characters, while tense, was kind of overdone IMO

The Thing 2011

6/10

Was ok i guess, they ripped off most of John Carpenters film, plus didn't get the tension carpenters film had.

The CGI was Dire. only semi decent bit was the ending where they got into the chopper, because its a direct tie in with the next film.

The characters were also bland as anything, i couldn't care less if they lived or died. With Kurts character you at least care to wonder what happened to him

Guest disparaissant

fantastic planet (la planete sauvage) - drugs/10

i saw this when i was too young to really get it on any level and it plagued my nightmares for years.

The Muppets 2011 - 10/10 - a film that if you let yourself get lost in, you won't want to come back. Such good writing. The cameos are brilliant. Muppet perfection. Only if Jim Henson were alive to see yet more evidence of his genius.

Louis CK Live at the Beacon Theater - 10/10 - I broke the fucking laughter part of my mind watching this. Hopefully I can still laugh. Next to any Bill Hicks show, this is some of the best stand up ever.

Great start to the new year. yay! :w00t:

That Warp Films are usually depressing and hopeless as fuck?

It was a Warp film? Makes sense. Shit movies, shit music.

I would disagree with that statement if this were the 90's

personally I love a lot of what they release, being today or 14 years ago.....Plaid - Scintilli, Battles - Gloss Drop ,and Bibio - Mind Bokeh are all damn fine lp's imo.

Archived