IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i remember not seeing any previews for Fight Club, i just kept seeing that soap poster everywhere. and having been a huuuuuge fan of The Game with Michael Douglas i had very high hopes. Sat down in the theatre with my popcorn slightly nervous, then boom fucking cheesy breakbeat hard hitting techno music with a green filtered 'cell' cgi animation of us going through a body or some shit. My heart sunk, i was devastated, it was a punch in the stomach for me compared to the Erik Satie like beautiful opening of the game. I sat in horror for the rest of the film, occasionally giggling at 'man tits' and stuff like that, but cringed horribly during the Ikea monologues. The pixies song playing eased the pain of the 'surprise' ending

Guest RadarJammer

Going to watch Shawshank Redemption and Hara-Kiri

I think the Hara Kiri that was being recommended was a newer one? But the original black and white one is awesome.

Yeah it's a new one

Guest Mirezzi

i remember not seeing any previews for Fight Club, i just kept seeing that soap poster everywhere. and having been a huuuuuge fan of The Game with Michael Douglas i had very high hopes. Sat down in the theatre with my popcorn slightly nervous, then boom fucking cheesy breakbeat hard hitting techno music with a green filtered 'cell' cgi animation of us going through a body or some shit. My heart sunk, i was devastated, it was a punch in the stomach for me compared to the Erik Satie like beautiful opening of the game. I sat in horror for the rest of the film, occasionally giggling at 'man tits' and stuff like that, but cringed horribly during the Ikea monologues. The pixies song playing eased the pain of the 'surprise' ending

Good lord, that stirred up my man :wub: for you.

I think the Hara Kiri that was being recommended was a newer one? But the original black and white one is awesome.

Yeah it's a new one

[media=]

[/media]

fuck, can't believe they remade it. That's like remaking 7 Samurai, pretty sacrilegious. But whatever, hope it's good.

fuck, can't believe they remade it. That's like remaking 7 Samurai, pretty sacrilegious. But whatever, hope it's good.

Magnificent Seven?

I've seen 7 samurai and yojimbo and want something new, plus I love takashi miike. Speaking of 7 samurai remakes, his 13 assassins comes pretty close. It's really good for a blatant ripoff though.

I would at least recommend watching the original Hara Kiri before the new one. It's a beautiful film, and I'm sure the new one is flashier, which means if you see it first it'll probably make it harder to appreciate the original.

I would at least recommend watching the original Hara Kiri before the new one. It's a beautiful film, and I'm sure the new one is flashier, which means if you see it first it'll probably make it harder to appreciate the original.

Good point!

overnight - a doc about boondock saints troy duffy, who nearly made it but eventaully blew it. painfully boring story about a jock with a gift for dialogue. heeven had a band whose major label debut cd sold nearly 700 copies in first 6 months. amazing.

it was funny to see john goodman and marky mark (young and drunk) trying to score a role in an miramax produced movie from an up and coming director. i guess there was quite a search for another keving smith halfway into the 90s.

sadly, life's a bitch. but i do like both boondock saints movies. fun stuff.

Guest zaphod

the prestige (2nd viewing) - 8.5/10 pretty sure this is nolan's only good movie

the rules of the game - 10/10

the passenger - 9/10 watched this at the afi theater as part of a jack nicholson retrospective they're doing. the shining is next.

The-Secret-World-of-Arrietty .. it was great, perhaps a classic but that's to find out. had the same charm as totoro sometimes. watch it....

Guest Mirezzi

the rules of the game - 10/10

At least 10/10.

the passenger - 9/10 watched this at the afi theater as part of a jack nicholson retrospective they're doing. the shining is next.

Wow. I couldn't get into The Passenger. Maybe I'll try again.

Guest Shit Attack

brewster mccloud 7.5/10

alien - 8/10 -

the conformist - 7/10

1990 the bronx warriors - 1/10 and 10/10 at the same time

Archived