IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EL Norte - Wonderful film with an excellent blu-ray transfer. I was a bit leery of buying this due to Gregory Nava's other films but this shined through.

The Soloist - It was decent, I enjoyed Jamie Foxes performance for what it was and the cinematography was a surprise. Other then that... meh.

A Scanner Darkly - BEAUTIFUL blu-ray transfer... last time i watched it was on a shitty DVD rip that leaked before its released. Gotta love PKD.

Also rewatched a few classics after moving to Blu-Ray:

Matrix - havent seen this too long... pretty awesome

Matrix Reloaded - just as bad as i remember it

Matrix Roflutions - slightly better than i remembered, still shit.

Blade Runner - need I say more?

Full Metal Jacket - awesome to finally see this in it's original aspect ratio

A Clockwork Orange - Beautiful transfer, beautiful film.

Clean, Shaven - This was much ado about nothing. It was far too contrived and filled with production errors to take seriously. From the moment Peter Greene begins overacting in the first 20 seconds, I knew I wasn't gonna like it. Then, of course, there are things like dead bodies heaving and clearly breathing (meanwhile, the director was too stupid to shoot for coverage, so they obviously had nothing to cut to), or the use of extreme closeups which paralyzed the actors into making unrealistic movements. Mostly, I just didn't care about the story whatsoever.

it's fucking lol because I agree with all of this that you said but still like this movie. I think the atmosphere makes me feel weird, therefore I like it or something.

inglourious basterds - 10/10

Best movie ive seen in the last couple of years.

I may have lurved this movie like a guilty pleasure glory hole but "the last couple of years?." Seriously?

Guest Mr Salads

inglourious basterds - 10/10

Best movie ive seen in the last couple of years.

are you joking?

No, I can't really think of anything else. I would love to hear contenders.

I too have the boot leg extended cut of Braindead... lovely film.

Today I watched:

The 400 Blows : Excellent acting, direction and cinematography.... wasnt much to think about for it was rather straight forward but the direction is what kept it interesting.

The Killing of a Chinese Bookie : film in it's rawest form.... gotta love Cassavetes

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

jfk - 9/10

kevin costner lol. great film though. very convincing. haven't read up on what was fact and what wasn't. damn was it long. i like a movie youcan split into 2 nights viewing.

500 days of summer - 7/10

was alright. made me realise that zooooooey deschanel is a beast. jeez. shes just a haircut. take that away and you got nothing. anyway the movie was entertaining. not much else to say really.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

the directors cut of JFK is even better, you should also check out Nixon if you havent scene it. ITs kind of a quasi sequel to JFK. kind of like the Platoon / born on the 4th of july

i don't remember seeing "director's cut" written on it. but it was 3 1/2 hours long. so i guessed it wasn't the theatrical release.

nixon no not yet.

braindead 3/10

bad taste 3/10

these are both terrible films, i have absolutely no idea why anyone would think otherwise, unless they're trying to be cool and subscribe to some kind of super low budget is better than everything else ethos, in which case there are better movies.

braindead 3/10

bad taste 3/10

these are both terrible films, i have absolutely no idea why anyone would think otherwise, unless they're trying to be cool and subscribe to some kind of super low budget is better than everything else ethos, in which case there are better movies.

Amen-Brother.jpg

come on really? i don't of any other horror movies besides maybe Evil dead 2 that transposes 3 stooges or cartoon aesthetics so well with splatter violence. if you don't like slapstick combined with over the top gore these films are not for you, but there are other reasons to like them than what you say. Brain Dead doesn't feel low budget to me, i think Peter jackson used his budget rather awesomely in that movie.

Archived