IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw Beyond The Black Rainbow with a q&a by the writer/director (son of "Rambo: First Blood Part 2) and the composer (keyboard player for Black Mountain).

Film's visual style, tone, music

=

10/10

Story/plot

=

1/10

I got bored, annoyed, angry and tired several times. I was also inspired and impressed.

Crazy flick. 7/10. IDM as fuk.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Just saw Beyond The Black Rainbow with a q&a by the writer/director (son of "Rambo: First Blood Part 2) and the composer (keyboard player for Black Mountain).

=

10/10

Story/plot

=

1/10

I got bored, annoyed, angry and tired several times. I was also inspired and impressed.

dammit where was that? want to see that

i saw a good old fashioned orgy last night. not as titillating as it sounds. infact i think i counted 2 boobs and 1 tiny penis. it was amusing but I don't recommend it to anybody. this is what being married is all about, sometimes you watch a jason sudakis movie about sex where you barely see a nipple.

also last night i went to the ted premiere and stood outside whilst the stars arrived. that was a weird experience. i should explain we just moved within walking distance of the chinese theatre in hollywood. why are people going nuts for marky mark? why is marky mark signing glossy photos of himself that are clearly not for fans but for people that sell them on ebay for $$$. so wasn't too impressed until shannon tweed arrived. I've seen all her "movies" ;) the fifteen year old me was stoked

=

10/10

Story/plot

=

1/10

dammit where was that? want to see that

Cinefamily. It's playing there all week!

edit

I thought there was a thread about the film somewhere, but I cant seem to find it.

Here is the trailer, in case anyone is curious....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sByNAgpzoc0

thanks does look visually stunning

so has anyone seen cosmopolis yet? or to rome with love?

BTBR looks interesting, thanks for the trailer.

Just checked, no Cosmopolis release date in the US that I can find. I'm interested also.

Guest zaphod

moonrise kingdom - maybe i was in a particularly emo mood but this was a breath of fresh air for me after a year of mostly terrible or at least disappointing films. everything i like about the wes anderson who made rushmore is present here. 9/10

I don't know if I would give it 9/10 but I was also surprised at how much I liked it. The more fantastical aspects of the film grated on my nerves a bit. But I'm nitpicking and those aspects were few and far between. 8/10

The lightning strike was almost completely unnecessary. It wasn't funny. It just seemed weird and out of place. I don't know when it started to veer towards things like this it made me care less about the characters. Also, Edward Norton's Mega Man jump.

st elmo's fire - disastrous. i love bratpacks, but this is crap.

citizen ruth - ruth was so stupid it pissed me off. everyone was. and it took like 50 minutes to get going. and even then it was too much of a farse.

Guest Shit Attack

JAWS - 9999.9999.344534 richard dreyfuss' beard hairs out of 10 - pretty cool movie about a shark. caught it on some new re released high definition digitally remastered nuclear powered jet engine ultra mega super duper blah blah version. didnt notice much different about it but it did look pretty good. richard dreyfus still gets on my tits, but less so than just about everything else he's been in. god i hate that guy. but overall still a pretty good movie

Guest zaphod

moonrise kingdom - 9/10

zaphod? noooooooooooooooo!!!

not as uncharacteristic as you might think. rushmore is one of my favorite films.

Guest Mirezzi

moonrise kingdom - 9/10

not as uncharacteristic as you might think. rushmore is one of my favorite films.

Same, so I'm cautiously stoked to see MK.

moonrise kingdom 7/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1748122/

the grey 7/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1601913/

paid in full 6/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259484/

delicatessen (again) 9/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101700/

a very long engagement (again) 8/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0344510/

moonrise kingdom - 9/10

Same, so I'm cautiously stoked to see MK.

what the hell is happening here?????

Guest zaphod

I don't know if I would give it 9/10 but I was also surprised at how much I liked it. The more fantastical aspects of the film grated on my nerves a bit. But I'm nitpicking and those aspects were few and far between. 8/10

The lightning strike was almost completely unnecessary. It wasn't funny. It just seemed weird and out of place. I don't know when it started to veer towards things like this it made me care less about the characters. Also, Edward Norton's Mega Man jump.

this is a fair criticism, and in hindsight i think i was a little quick to give it a high rating. after sleeping on it i will downgrade it to an 8. the last third of the film kind of falls apart and doesn't fulfill the potential for a more adult exploration of disillusionment that anderson sets up in the first two acts. still his best film since rushmore, imo.

Zodiac 9/10

Totally. Fincher's finest work.

God damnit, I want to watch it again for the twentieth-something time.

Watched the new 21 Jump Street earlier today. Quite surprising. Will watch it again. And Channing Tatum was surprisingly hilarious.

Watching Wanderlust now... aaand I'm just about to turn it off.

Archived