IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Dark Knight Rises-6.5/10

Probably the weakest of the trilogy, but enjoyable nonetheless.

yup pretty much how i felt. great opening that really didnt have any point except it looked awesome. then 2 hours of sub-par batman stuff. even 50 mins of imax felt wasted. shame. maybe I just wasnt in the mood yesterday.

Guest Shit Attack

INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM - 6.66 out of 10.3 - some good ,some bad, a lotta cheese , overall score 6 to the power of average

MESRINE: PUBLIC ENEMY NO 1 -6.8 out of 10.5435345 - pretty standard gangster biopic type shit, but the main character was pretty cool so it didnt matter. didnt see the 1st film tho

BARTON FINK - 8.55425 out of 1014294 - this was good .

SILENCE OF THE LAMBS - 7.48403 out of 10.0 - got a bit dull once hanibal fucked off

THE IRON LADY - 1.2 out of 120000 - sorta like the sixth sense meets a shitty biopic . jesus this was bad

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - 6.2 / 1000000 - the inspirational story of how a reclusive billionare rubber fetishist learned to stop worrying and climb out of a giant hole in the middle of the desert.

9/10

lucky-number-slevin.jpg

The reason why i give this movie 9/10 is because the plot was very witty and entertaining. The ending was very unpredictable and very satisfying. It is one of those movies that you will not understand the whole plot or the genius of the movie till the end. It's the very end that makes the movie exceptional. In most movies, you will be able to guess the ending, or the ending won't be that shocking. But this movie brings out a different approach. It is only one of its kind, so if you like movies that keeps you thinking, you don't want to miss this one.

god bless ozzy osbourne - pretty cool documentary. probably too heavy on shots of ozzy's penis, but still kinda ok. it contradicts his autobiography sometimes, but what you gonna do.

Guest HokusPoker

Martin Scorsese's After Hours. Fuck me that was a good movie. That man was on fire in the 80's.

Will have to try that then. I've only seen Departed and I thought it was a complete waste of time.

Or I just didn't get it.

Touch of Evil (Orson Welles, 1958, latest re-cut) - that tracking shot in the opening scene is one of cinema's heights, the film itself looks like a technical summary of genre noir, Orson's acting role is captivating - 9/10

Bobby Fischer Against the World (Liz Garbus, 2011) - documentary on life story of the greatest chess player who stopped playing in his late 20s and likely gone crazy paranoid, a jew and american sports icon, who hated jews, USA and modern chess game - 8/10

Cosmopolis (David Cronenberg, 2012) - absurdist dialogue movie, very smart and hypnotically shot, best film of 2012 yet - 8/10

Amour (Michael Haneke, 2012) - the perfection of classical style entirely shot in one apartment, a non-manipulative depiction of oldman's loved one dying slowly, though i found it dry and indifferent - 7/10

Cosmopolis (David Cronenberg, 2012) - absurdist dialogue movie, very smart and hypnotically shot, best film of 2012 yet - 8/10

Amour (Michael Haneke, 2012) - the perfection of classical style entirely shot in one apartment, a non-manipulative depiction of oldman's loved one dying slowly, though i found it dry and indifferent - 7/10

Dying to watch both of these..

You won't be disappointed even if you wouldn't like it eventually. Biggest themes of the year. Cosmopolic gets on audience nerve whatever the level, once more an unexpected turn from Cronenberg. Haneke is puristic as usual but now without the formal virtuosity, just a couple of glimpses to support enthusiasm. I'm not connecting with this film but i can understand why it is praised so much.

You won't be disappointed even if you wouldn't like it eventually. Biggest themes of the year. Cosmopolic gets on audience nerve whatever the level, once more an unexpected turn from Cronenberg. Haneke is puristic as usual but now without the formal virtuosity, just a couple of glimpses to support enthusiasm. I'm not connecting with this film but i can understand why it is praised so much.

Thanks for the input. Heneke's films sometime take a while to suck you in (maybe even repeated viewings) but I can't say that I've disliked anything he's done so far. Nice to see him working with Isabella Huppert again too.

dark knight rises - very well made bland and boring movie. lost all the lightness and cleverness of dark knight, instead got plenty of cring-worthy dialogue. plus it's weirdly disconnected from dark knight, instead picking every story up from batman begins, as if this was a two movie deal rather than a trilogy. huge let down.

Archived