IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

zombieland felt like a US teen targeted tV show to me, was glad that i was able skip forward whenever it became too trying, yes even for bill murray. I most enjoyed the clips at the beginning, but overall it felt like a directionless nothing plot written by great pitchmen, great in the sense that they got someone to pay for their dream to get filmed.

losers

i agree, it was a weak film, no more so than at the end - they get to the theme park that has been their destination all along,

but there is no twist, just more zombies.

Even 28 days later did better than that.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest analogue wings

Also Zombieland seems to have been shot in 1996-o-Vision, with all the ironic voiceovers, freeze frames, jokey captions, flashbacks, intratextuality, etc

Bob le Flambeur - 7/10 - An interesting film... just not executed as well as I hoped probably due to budget concerns or Meville was trying too hard to but his own into the heist/gangster genre. Isabelle Corey was fabulous though... very sexy and natural.

Guest Adjective

A Perfect Getaway (while high) 8/10

I don't know what this film is like sober but under the influence it was strangely captivating

This movie is like someone watched one of the worst, most formulaic 80's low budget thrillers, and then attempted to recreate while weaving in an additional layer to make all the cheesiness appear meaningful and sophisticated. It's really atrocious for the first 20-30 mins but slowly became really fun.

yeah but it's a silly comedy that promises to be clever, well written, have some reason to revolve around zombies (which ir practically doesnt, its obviously just trying to jump into the popularity of the zombie Zietgiest), and brings absolutely nothing new to the table. It is an abominable piece of shit of a movie in almost every regard. I thought the movie Fido that went completely under the radar was a lot more worthwhile. It was also kind of a crap film but it at least it wasn't just going through the motions of cookie cutting. If it wasn't for Bill Murray popping in for a cameo, the movie would be seriously harder to watch than those new parody films ie: Epic Movie

gladiator

maybe the most overrated movie ever. mediocre all the way through.

agreed, i feel like this opened a pandora's box of CGI laden sterile too clean unrealistic period piece movies ie: troy

I feel like it's going to be very hard for Ridley Scott to redeem himself at this point, although i know there is a lot of love for him in here i don't think hes made a good film since Bladerunner.

Zaphod, looking forward to his Alien prequel? i dont know much about it besides the original treatment for it which seemed really strange and over the top, it was going to be about the 'alien jockeys' the giant humanoid dudes who you see the corpse of in part 1 training aliens to be like horses?!

gladiator

maybe the most overrated movie ever. mediocre all the way through.

agreed, i feel like this opened a pandora's box of CGI laden sterile too clean unrealistic period piece movies ie: troy

I feel like it's going to be very hard for Ridley Scott to redeem himself at this point, although i know there is a lot of love for him in here i don't think hes made a good film since Bladerunner.

Zaphod, looking forward to his Alien prequel? i dont know much about it besides the original treatment for it which seemed really strange and over the top, it was going to be about the 'alien jockeys' the giant humanoid dudes who you see the corpse of in part 1 training aliens to be like horses?!

i don't understand how he can make a movie about the interstellar culture, or whatever. were they really training aliens to be like horses? lol. i thought it was just they went around to different planets introducing aliens and at some point one of the eggs infected a number of crew and that's the ship we see in the first movie. there's some backstory to that in one of the alien novels, actually, and i think the comics as well (i used to read them when i was in elementary school). ripley is aliens, as far as i'm concerned, and it's time to let that story die. unless he makes a movie with no human characters and introduces a truly alien race as the main story, just existing and interacting with things...in fact that would be pretty awesome. baracka with aliens.

but no it sounds like a bad idea. i was looking forward to his adaptation of cormac mccarthy's blood meridian, but he isn't attached to that anymore. he's a really weird director. i love some of his movies and then he'll crank out utter dogshit like a good year or gladiator or black rain. but he is basically all style and no substance, and as far as being a successful storyteller, alien was his only good movie.

Superbad - 9/10

God, I love this movie. I watched the unrated version but I didn't really notice anything different about it.

Seth: "She looked me in the eyes and said 'Seth, Momma's making a pubi salad and I need some Seth's Own dressing.' She's D.T.F. - down to fuck man. P and Vagi, she wants to fuck man! Tonight is a night that fucking is an actual possibility."

Superbad - 9/10

God, I love this movie. I watched the unrated version but I didn't really notice anything different about it.

Seth: "She looked me in the eyes and said 'Seth, Momma's making a pubi salad and I need some Seth's Own dressing.' She's D.T.F. - down to fuck man. P and Vagi, she wants to fuck man! Tonight is a night that fucking is an actual possibility."

Such an endlessly quotable film. My favorite lines are still

"She wants your dick in and around her mouth!"

and

"Nobody has gotten a handjob in cargo shorts since 'Nam."

a love song for bobby young 3/10

complete bullshit, figured out int he first 10 minutes what it was going to be about. booring as shit.

Ded snow - 10/10

the best and last zombie movie ill ever see. extremely fed up with nazi zombies and zombies. least this was extremely entertaining unlike every other zombi film ever made.

Guest beatfanatic

Malcolm X - 9/10 (it was on tc last night, Ive seen it before)

The only thing that bugged me is that every single white character was portrayed as evil. Everything was black and white (pardon the pun).

Archived