IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silence of the Lambs - 8/10 - Rewatched this on blu ray after grabbing it for $7 during black Friday. An all around excellent, well paced American thriller.

chopper

pretty awesome. one day maybe eric bana will give a performance to equal this one in intensity. my favorite line from the movie: it's like...if ya mum stabs ya, whaddya do? ya don't get upset. ya don't get angry, ya go, "shit, mum's stabbed me, i better get off to the hospital"

Guest abusivegeorge

chopper

pretty awesome. one day maybe eric bana will give a performance to equal this one in intensity. my favorite line from the movie: it's like...if ya mum stabs ya, whaddya do? ya don't get upset. ya don't get angry, ya go, "shit, mum's stabbed me, i better get off to the hospital"

I fucking love this film.

He has a nice cock too.

chopper

That scene where they were doing coke had me in hysterics! Great film.

I watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) last night. I had heard lots good stuff about it but I was really disappointed. It wasn't scary, gory or in any way good. The only good part was Jessica Biel's body.

Guest Al Hounos

The Killing (1956) - A fantastic heist film that easily could have been made fifty years later. I could see how Tarantino was influenced by this movie, although I prefer this by a huge margin to Reservoir Dogs.

Riveting right from the beginning, tons of great dialogue, and the ending is just... money.

10/10

Heres some good uns:

Cannibal Holocaust

Urotsukidoji

Paranoia Agent

The Wicker Man

Spirited Away

Akira

Aliens

A Scanner Darkly

Tetsuo The Iron Man

Dead End

Session 9

The Last Broadcast

Clerks

Videodrome

Event Horizon

Guest abusivegeorge

2001: A space odyssey

22 minutes 20 seconds through.

10/10.

So fucking good.

No cats in this one SR4, give it a bash.

Guest abusivegeorge

This your first time with 2001?????? Dear lord George... that movie is like my personal shrine. Cherish it

Dear God no, I saw this film when I was 3 lol.

Guest abusivegeorge

Haha me getting confused once again. Your excitement just made me think you hadn't seen it, plus at least for me, I never review movies I have already seen in here

I couldn't help it lol.

Still Bill 8.5/10 - Great documentary about musician Bill Withers. I thought they could have gone into more detail about his financial troubles with his label but otherwise I loved this film. It's a great story of an artist who basically left the music business, around the peak of his success, when he felt he couldn't create music on his own terms anymore. I completely expected him to be the self-involved artist type but he comes across like a doting father who was content to raise his children rather than tour to support an album. Watching the film felt like an hour and a half conversation with some witty, insightful great-uncle I didn't know I had, who just happened to be a incredible musician and lyricist.

Still Bill 8.5/10 - Great documentary about musician Bill Withers. I thought they could have gone into more detail about his financial troubles with his label but otherwise I loved this film. It's a great story of an artist who basically left the music business, around the peak of his success, when he felt he couldn't create music on his own terms anymore. I completely expected him to be the self-involved artist type but he comes across like a doting father who was content to raise his children rather than tour to support an album. Watching the film felt like an hour and a half conversation with some witty, insightful great-uncle I didn't know I had, who just happened to be a incredible musician and lyricist.

Wow, great review. I'm most definitely going to have to check this out, and SOON.

Solaris (1972) - Awesome. A truly beautiful film, oozing with humanity I thought. It's no wonder Chris had such trouble letting go of Hari, I loved her as well, christ she's beautiful. Extremely glad I picked this up!

Up - Not sure what to think of it, it's no Wall-e but it has some really touching moments, I could do without the talking dogs I think.

Terminator Salvation - Not as bad as I thought it was gonna be based on watmm comments, it's a decent action movie.

Oh my God they've made a Universal Soldier 4! With Van Damme AND Dolph Lundgren!

Right, it's time to get all four of these fantastically intricate pieces of cinema classicness and sit down for some intellectual entertainment.

Solaris (1972) - Awesome. A truly beautiful film, oozing with humanity I thought. It's no wonder Chris had such trouble letting go of Hari, I loved her as well, christ she's beautiful. Extremely glad I picked this up!

I'm guessing you got the new cleaned-up Criterion edition, if so check out the extras, I thought they were very interesting, including an interview with Eduard Artemyev, the guy who did the music.

Archived