IGNORED

DMX Krew Subforum Petition.

Guest morphis2525

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest morphis2525
<br />I am myself. my real name is morphis. no shit. ask sneaks. we both grew up in indiana<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I gots no idea where ed grew up but probably not indiana

this was the first dmx krew track i ever heard, back in '98. it influenced my own music for years, ace ace track.

this one is alright, the video makes it awesome though. boostgasm.

blah

when can i have more '80s mitch murder?

hehe, easy now, just got back from nyc, gotta get rid of this damn jetlag first. :wtf:

I haven't given DMX a fair shake, but I am not a really fan of his vocals. I like his melodies and beats though. What's the best album by him?

My favorite is "we are DMX", but ONLY becuae it has "Street boys". There are far better. Nu Romantix is good. I'd have to open a shitload of folders to recommended more. I'm busy makin moosics.

Guest JohnTqs

I haven't given DMX a fair shake, but I am not a really fan of his vocals. I like his melodies and beats though. What's the best album by him?

My favorite is "we are DMX", but ONLY becuae it has "Street boys". There are far better. Nu Romantix is good. I'd have to open a shitload of folders to recommended more. I'm busy makin moosics.

i agree, we are dmx is his best, but all the tracks are fantastic. i have to add Get With You is much better than Street Boys in my o. Get With You is my favorite track off that album.

I SIGN THIS PETITION WITH 100% OF MY HEART

i agree, we are dmx is his best, but all the tracks are fantastic. i have to add Get With You is much better than Street Boys in my o. Get With You is my favorite track off that album.

I SIGN THIS PETITION WITH 100% OF MY HEART

due i agree 100%, BUT street boys is just my fave. i'm typing incoherently cuz i'm buzzed/

Guest morphis2525

For a starter for those you don't know i'd get the wave cd with the bonus our most requested songs cd

<br />I haven't given DMX a fair shake, but I am not a really fan of his vocals. I like his melodies and beats though. What's the best album by him?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I have to disagree with our opinion about his vocals. it takes balls to do what he does and he does it perfectly for what it is.

I have to disagree with our opinion about his vocals. it takes balls to do what he does and he does it perfectly for what it is.

okay, still don't like it. Does the new EP have no vocals? Wave Funk?

<br />I haven't given DMX a fair shake, but I am not a really fan of his vocals. I like his melodies and beats though. What's the best album by him?

AMEN! He does it perfectly for not only what it is, but practically everything except black metal. I can hear him spoutin some danzig tho...

17 ways to break my heart is my fav its been my fav for about 8 years never gets old!

then the edmx ep he put out on mathematics called 'i can't remmeber' was pretty awesome too.

101 force tha return is also amazing amazing broke plaster board when i put it on my deck.

showroom dummys ep cracking

kiss goodbye is my fav LP of his

and somuch more, david micheal cross..house of breaks, bass potatoe, computer rockers ect ect;

17 ways to break my heart is my fav its been my fav for about 8 years never gets old!

then the edmx ep he put out on mathematics called 'i can't remmeber' was pretty awesome too.

101 force tha return is also amazing amazing broke plaster board when i put it on my deck.

showroom dummys ep cracking

kiss goodbye is my fav LP of his

and somuch more, david micheal cross..house of breaks, bass potatoe, computer rockers ect ect;

sooooo in other words, all of it. i know. the only thing i don't have (i think) is the new one...... *ahem*

"kiss goodbye" is probably the album i listened to more than any other. of all music i've ever listened to. pure perfection. everybody should at least give this a try.

"we are dmx" was my first introduction. flawless stuff. the glass room, hard times, street boys, konnichi wa, honey, last days, good time girl... umm... yeah, every single track off this album is a winner.

"touch me!" has soul miner, 1-2-3, ... and the rest

"seedy films" ...

"17 ways to break my heart" ...

okay, it won't work that way, i'll just end up listing every track off every release. so, instead:

IMO, there are 3 sides of Ed Upton:

- the cheesy vocal 80s-sounding synthpop stuff (kiss goodbye, we are dmx, ffressshh!, nu romantix, 17 ways, ...)

this is probably my favorite dmx krew stuff. it's really totally different to anything else that i listen to, but i still do. i love the way he sings, the lyrics are genius, it's just perfect alltogether.

- straight dancefloor oldschool electro (computor rockers stuff)

totally awesome electro bangers. really recommend this live, if you can catch him with an "MPC set" or even as computor rockers.

- analogue electronic music (collapse of the wave function, ionospheric exploration, sh101 triggers ms10, wave funk ...)

this category is a bit wider, since his music has been really evolving through the past few years, as some say, it does sound influenced by afx's analords, but ed was here before that, with collapse of the wave function, imo.

so, in short, yeah, he definitely deserves his own subforum here!!!

maybe delete plaid subforum because lets face it there not exactly ground breaking anymore and as far as i know/care they dont even make music anymore. let ed have there place for someone who is active and doing somthing worthwile

yeah come on... the last great track they did was 16 years ago

Archived