IGNORED

monolake

vamos scorcho

Guest Enter a new display name

Monolake is in my opinion one of the rare acts whose sound improves as their career goes on. Momentum, Polygon_Cities and Silence are all excellent albums. POLYGON_CITIES SYNC!

I'd like to hop onboard the Monolake'sgreatexpress. It's a mood thing for me what works best but if I was in a pick one then it'd probably be Momentum. I'd also endorse the recommendation further back in the thread for checking out the free stuff on his website. The Termulator X live set is good fun in particular.

I'm mildly dissapointed that the live sets at sound.modelfruit.com seem to be inaccessible just now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I was listening to interstate last night while on a loongg bike ride home, mega-nice minimal magic. Listening to it again now on my speakers, I felt the album was better through headphones.

• 6 years later...

bump for one of the greatest idm acts of the 00s... which would place him high in the runnin' for best idm worldwide...

the run from hong kong -> gobi -> interstate -> cinemascope -> gravity -> momentum is mindbogglingly good. 

anyway bobbie henke just released a longer edit of Gobi a few days ago. Perfect for working from home...

https://roberthenke.bandcamp.com/album/gobi-the-long-edit-2020

• Like 5

Not sure why Monolake doesn't get more love. I dig it, especially Cinemascope. I should probably check out his latest stuff

• Like 1

❤️ monolake

The middle and later albums are right good but I still go back to Interstate and Hong Kong the most (I think it was RH w/ T++ on both those but one of u nerds feel free to correct Annika)

Also, Liumin by Deepchord/Echospace is a good album but I think I liked it better the first time when it was Hong Kong by Monolake

21 hours ago, dr lopez said:

bump for one of the greatest idm acts of the 00s... which would place him high in the runnin' for best idm worldwide...

the run from hong kong -> gobi -> interstate -> cinemascope -> gravity -> momentum is mindbogglingly good. 

anyway bobbie henke just released a longer edit of Gobi a few days ago. Perfect for working from home...

https://roberthenke.bandcamp.com/album/gobi-the-long-edit-2020

Thanks for this recommendation. Somehow I never listened to Gobi...this is real nice.

On 5/12/2020 at 4:49 AM, BobDobalina said:

❤️ monolake

The middle and later albums are right good but I still go back to Interstate and Hong Kong the most (I think it was RH w/ T++ on both those but one of u nerds feel free to correct Annika)

Also, Liumin by Deepchord/Echospace is a good album but I think I liked it better the first time when it was Hong Kong by Monolake

To my knowledge, it was just RH and Gerhard Behles in the beginning. T++ didn't become involved until 2003.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Monolake roolz. I really like Ghosts but really almost anything Henke touches turns to gold, I just love the man's sense of sound design. And of course, I am also grateful for the invention of Ableton Live.

• 8 months later...