IGNORED

Ceephax Acid Crew - United Acid Emirates

Guest Echo

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dirty Protest

Ive eaten 3 Frys Turkish Delights and listened to this on repeat all Morning, so far its done more for my flu than the gallons of lemsip ive been drinking all week. Why cant it be out sooner, so I can give it to everyone I know as a Xmas present.

Guest bitroast

Can't wait to grab this album. Ace title as well, but I assume I'm the only person who sees nothing even faintly ingenious (or funny) in the album cover art.

Lol...I was going to say something yesterday. It went a little something like this:

It's funny that everyone talks shit about hipsters for being ironic, and then you all get a huge boner for this type of cover art. I think it's good for a quick chuckle and that's about it.

But I decided not to post it. I guess now I did though. It's not that I hate it, I just don't consider it good design, I'm not into ironic 80s retro stuff.

lol. what about, douchebag hipster releasing his latest indie bullshit on tape cassettes only available through mail order, and boards of canada releasing their first albums on cassettes and sending it to friends and family. watmmers=hipsters? : P

ZIQ255_Ceephax.jpg?size=E600x600

:w00t: this has to be quoted for every new page of this thread.

QFT

That video is superb! Makes me wonder what his cat is named. And look at him playing his 303 with his teeth! Genitality.

edit: at first i thought he was going to have it for breakfast, lol

Immense! I don't entirely understand the criticisms of the album artwork, the basis of the vast majority of Ceephax's music is built on exactly the same ridiculous sense of humour. It's great that a musiscian like him can successfully incorporate humour and a sense of the ridiculous and absurd into their music without their output being shit or merely novelty.

My comment about the artwork wasn't so much criticism, just surprise at the praise for it. But that's coming from someone who hasn't listened to any Ceephax so I didn't really know that this was just a continuation of his "ridiculous sense of humor", as you said. In that sense it totally works. I checked out his website over the weekend, and yeah. It's totally him. :lol: I just can't help but see things from a graphic designer point of view, and it's not the type of artwork that appeals to me personally...even if it's funny and in line with the musician's character.

Guest AOOproductions

where is that really great live quality recording of Sidney's sizzler that is around somewhere. I wanna hear it now that the real one is out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived