IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never

Guest Z_B_Z

i think its pretty good. and keep in mind people were doing similar things to the artists you mentioned long before they were ever around.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

peter rehberg put one lp (the "russian" one) in his best of list of 2009, so i'll give it a listen.

sorry, that wasnt Oneohtrix Point Never but Emeralds, that was on P.Rehberg list, i got confused with another band signed to Nofun.

ever heard about them btw ? i'm getting lost with all those new drones bands.

• 10 months later...

oneohtrix point never is a horrible name, it's awkward even by idm standards.

i refuse to like this guy because i never want to have to say that name to anybody.

Guest Backson

the kind of criticism being placed on this guy are basically my opinions on all ambient music.

not that that makes me correct, but structureless music is hard to assess in terms of "skill", so really its just a sort of thing you like or don't.

having said that, I think heard one track from this guy I really loved, like a mix of drone and 8-bit, but I forgot the name.

oneohtrix point never is a horrible name, it's awkward even by idm standards.

i refuse to like this guy because i never want to have to say that name to anybody.

haha, don't let that stop you from listening to oneohtrix... good stuff.

the kind of criticism being placed on this guy are basically my opinions on all ambient music.

not that that makes me correct, but structureless music is hard to assess in terms of "skill", so really its just a sort of thing you like or don't.

having said that, I think heard one track from this guy I really loved, like a mix of drone and 8-bit, but I forgot the name.

if 'skill' is how you judge music then i guess you are a huge fan of metal huh? those guys have amazing skill with their guitar playing..

Still can't get over this track. Especially the second half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIVD67Vfhiw

very nice, reminds me A LOT of the Panzer Dragoon Saga music for Sega Saturn, brings back memories. It seems like he's striking a lot the same chords that Oval struck for me back when they were super cutting edge

Guest Backson

if 'skill' is how you judge music then i guess you are a huge fan of metal huh? those guys have amazing skill with their guitar playing..

what... no. I'm on your side.

i don't personally enjoy ambient music, but the skill thing is a different point directed at some of the other comments.

wutevz

strangely, it took me a couple of months to get into this album (Rifts). at first it sounds like some musician falling asleep over his juno (even if, to me, a musician falling asleep over his juno is the description of the best music on planet earth) but its way more clever than that. great melodies/mood. Rifts is a must have album.

Been loving this guy's sound! Funny that this topic got bumped recently as I have been working on a mix inspired by the resurgence of this warped new age sound. Some BOC, Oneohtrix, and other gorgeous synth laden stuff.

http://soundcloud.com/sparklemotion/sparkle-motion-the-borderland-state

The Borderland State

Tracklist

Daedelus - An Armada Approaches

Boards Of Canada - Northern Plastics

Emeralds - Candy Shoppe

Busy - Photoaxis

Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part I)

Zombi - Andromeda

Driphouse - Doubles In T&T

Rene Hell - Bending

Autechre - pt2ph8