IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

just read what i wrote earlier: i have a quaristice fake-leak-track from 2008 that that sounds ALMOST EXACTLY like the promo-mix-track at 3:48. same setup, sounds, everything. therefore this mix is a fake. can´t post it now because i´m in the office atm.

Guest bitroast

just read what i wrote earlier: i have a quaristice fake-leak-track from 2008 that that sounds ALMOST EXACTLY like the promo-mix-track at 3:48. same setup, sounds, everything. therefore this mix is a fake. can´t post it now because i´m in the office atm.

shure shure :P

Either that promo mix is fake or Ae have taken huge steps backwards in mastering, mixing, production and sound design.

Then again I still think that about Draft7.30 but that at least had some original ideas in terms of song writing.

I really can't wait to hear this album... something about the artwork and name really has me intrigued now. Reminds me of my avatar, simply black and white... I hope its electro sounding with heavy bass beats, and layered glitch melodies... something more similar to their past work, but with improved production and more subtle design.

oh I'm not denying it's a fake. I just don't think it's fair to say it's crap when I think it's really well made (just clipped a lot and sounds kind of off sonically, maybe because it's 128kbps)

Either that promo mix is fake or Ae have taken huge steps backwards in mastering, mixing, production and sound design.

Then again I still think that about Draft7.30 but that at least had some original ideas in terms of song writing.

:wtf: :wtf: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Draft is like...their most sound-designy

Hey, i didn´t say it was crap. i like that stuff!

fake, BUT: this stuff is great. i have a quaristice fake track that sounds almost exactly like the track starting at 3:48. who ever made this: gimme link to the final versions of these tracks pl0x.
Edited by panz0r

I think that promo sounds great. I'm not sure it really is Ae - it probably isn't - but the people who are saying it can't be must have very selective hearing when it comes to Autechre. There are moments in Quaristice, and especially on tracks related to that release (the extra versions and stuff like Blyz Castl) which are pretty "obvious" in comparison recent Autechre works, which sound nowhere near as subtle or refined as Draft or Confield or even Untilted.

So, while I think the promo mix is great and that some of Autechre's newest material could easily be heading in a more brash and obvious direction, I still think it doesn't sound quite like the sort of thing they'd do, and the circumstances of its appearance really make me think it isn't real. But I wish people would stop bashing it: they did the same when the REAL Untilted tracks were leaked, and then suddenly grew to like those tracks once they realized it actually was Autechre!

I'm feeling like the suggestive meaning in this album title comes off similar to the word Untilted as a title. Seems resilient or unwavering or moving forward. WTF is a quaristice?! Oversteps sounds much more empowering.

seriously, i have said it before and i'll say it again. if those tracks are real, then great, i already pre-ordered. if that shit is fake, then i will buy that album right now, whoever it is. i dont give a fuck if the artists name is suzy faiery twirl and the album is called my twinkie twinkle toes. for real. please take $9.99 from my credit card and put your tracks on my desktop. that would mean i wouldn't have to wait 67 more days to hear them.

Yeah it sounds kind of like Autechre, but more like someone attempting to be Autechre-like

at any rate, those are great tracks. whoever made them, I'd like to shake your hand (get on my knees and give you a real reward) and buy you a drink

I doubt the sampler is real because it sounds like generic Ae, and we all know that they always switch things up so to me it sounds too much like Quaristice to be the real thing.

Either way though, I wouldn't be surprised if Ae returned to more semi-regular beats that have a bit more pizzang to them. In terms of their overall progression it would make alot of sense: Let the beast out into the madness and allow it to frolic there for a few years, and then snare and harness the beast and bring it all back down to the ground slightly so it retains its overall madness while still hammering things into a more structured and coherent mass.

I'll do my best not to get any expectations set though. I'll be happy with it whatever it ends up being. If the promo is the real thing I don't think that's bad at all because with 14 tracks they will probably get back to the whole 6-7 minute long insane progression deal, with a few 1-2 minute interludes. This means that anything in that promo could end up quite a distance from where it started (think surripere)

Guest memoryboy

hello. long time listener, first time caller. found this forum while looking for live autechre sets and have been plundering the watmmmixes ever since.

i have had the best couple of days ever after a really shit couple of months. yesterday i got a job i didn't expect to get then i got home and my lady gave me the best "loving" i have ever had and then this morning i had the email from bleep about oversteps! there's now way i can wait untill march to hear it though. i will clamber over dead bodys to hear a track off oversteps.

the ae cycle as seen on watmm:

new album news > faek tracks > insane banter on legitimacy of tracks > real track leaks > insane banter on legitimacy of tracks > album release > insane banter on legitimacy of tracks > banter on how bad the album is > not as good as last album > 2 albums ago was fucking great > 2 years of normal banter > new album news

> idiots appear in recordings of subsequent live shows who still don't think it's ae ("This doesn't sound like autechre at all") even while staring at them on stage

the ae cycle as seen on watmm:

new album news > faek tracks > insane banter on legitimacy of tracks > real track leaks > insane banter on legitimacy of tracks > album release > insane banter on legitimacy of tracks > banter on how bad the album is > not as good as last album > 2 albums ago was fucking great > 2 years of normal banter > new album news

haha, that is so true.

you forgot the

autechre releases limited edition > people complain about high price > 1 week later sold out > price goes up 3-4 times > it leaks > people are pissed that they didn't buy it and argue with people who bought it in the first place

Guest Gardenia

> idiots appear in recordings of subsequent live shows who still don't think it's ae ("This doesn't sound like autechre at all") even while staring at them on stage

My favorite from 2001 bootleg: "I feel like I'm stuck in a zipper"