IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Guest ataraxy2

What ever it is that Promo mix is very convincing. It's slightly reminiscent of that Sto Lend EP that WAS a fake, but some of the sounds/tracks seem very Autechre... if they decided "fuck it, let's make an electro album".

? we don't know how long these tracks r, they could do all kinds of things that

we don't know about yet. i think most of the tracks are going to be quite lengthy (penis)

i'm going to listen again :crazy:

You know what it's growing on me. It's a little "normal" for Autechre but fuck that. It sounds great. Who gives a shit if they've stopped going batshit insane. The third and fourth tracks are awesome as all hell.

are you guys kidding me. have you no faith in ae? this promo shit is clearly amateur work

that said i have a great deal of faith in ae

though i actually could get into this and some of it is awesome and convincing

it's actually very possible that this promo is for real

i rescind my statements

are you guys kidding me. have you no faith in ae? this promo shit is clearly amateur work

i rescind my statements

fucking lol. The true sign of an obsessive Ae fan: when you lose the ability to distinguish between brilliance and pap

though i should say, on listening to that once or twice or three times all the way through i feel a huge amount of excitement for the album, like i haven't felt in years

i would bet something big that that promo is in fact autechre

at first i couldn't believe my ears at all, flangers and shit!? then it made sense. the natural progression of their music

obsessive

i rescind my statements

woe

also we should probably keep in mind the fact that ae have made fakes before. so this promotional mix could still be ae, just not oversteps.

precisely what i was going to mention :smile:

Edited by troon

yeah I'm starting to think it's fake even though it sounds really sweet. it just doesn't seem like something they'd do (as in release a promotional mix) and also some of the synth sounds were kind of lame.

I have a question for awepittance:

where can I get a hold of your fake untilted tracks?

you can listen to the whole thing here - http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=200400 (with an annoying beep every 45 seconds)

tracks 1. FLUORESCENT GREY : Crackly Shell

2. Purple Gears with Green Bolts of Electricity

3. Grinding Particles

4. Cobweb Cave (pt 1 of 3)

5. Drawer Full of Booster Seats (pt 2 of 3)

6. Indian Classical Beat Sliced and Sauteed (pt 3 of 3)

the above are the only ones i used on the fake, i actually left 2 real tracks LCC and Pro Radii

edit: if you don't want to spend a whole 6.99 gbp on the digital album, which i think is kind of a rip off get it directly off my website www.recordlabelrecords.org

Edited by Awepittance

fake, BUT: this stuff is great. i have a quaristice fake track that sounds almost exactly like the track starting at 3:48. who ever made this: gimme link to the final versions of these tracks pl0x.

Edited by panz0r