IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

if you choose / want to wait then why will it suck? you can choose not to and listen to the leak

because it will be virtually impossible to not read everyone's thoughts / reviews without caving in to the leak.

then if i do wait, buy the time i have questions, thoughts, et...i will be 2 months behind everyone else.

so does this man its really out there? i really hope this doesnt leak 2 full months before release. that would really suck for those who want to wait...

If it does leak, it would be nice if we pre-orderers were sent our digital files ahead of the CD release. Even if that happens, I may choose to wait for the CD, for the art+music experience.

yea!^ i could go for that

Edited by jules

Quaristice Versions was much better than Quaristice proper so i think this is very good news

yeah but quaristice versions didn't have simmm on it (the best track on quaristice imo)

Quaristice Versions was much better than Quaristice proper so i think this is very good news

yeah but quaristice versions didn't have simmm on it (the best track on quaristice imo)

well i was mainly just comparing the alternative longer versions of the tracks which i prefer on Versions. Such as Fol4 or the Plclpc.

I agree that Simmm is one of the best tracks

i agree with that, i think it will probably be a lot more satisfying than when i heard IO because i was comparing it to an equally clean live set sound board version. so far no soundboards of Quaristice tour exist, i would be happy to get any of those cleanly recorded.

for the people who has preordered it, does your credit card has been already charged?

I think it has actually. I seem to be about £50 poorer than I thought I should be. Which is kind of odd, usually they take the cash when it's soon to be posted.

I should check my statement tonight.

discussions suddenly seem to kick-off around here. so, i'll add this. just in case it hasn't been said. leaks are drifting around the interwebs. promo copies received same day, i'd imagine.

I'm still waiting for that little melody that appears about 30minutes into the Untilted set to appear on a track. You know the one...

lol. i know exactly what you are talking about. you have been on that for almost 5 years now!! haha

Guest maddestmax

Judging by the radicall change in direction the artwork has taken

I would be very surprised if this was as similar to Quaristice (Versions) as that person said.

Autechre were always very aware of their visual identity and I assume the fact that TDR are

still on it proves they still are.

i just grabbed an incomplete mp3 of d-sho qub off soulseek and i bet my ass it's legit...

[spoilers ahead]

in terms of production it's indeed quite close to certain aspects of quaristice: very "spacey" and wide (lots of warm, reverby pads)... BASS! starts off with some ambient chords and bubbly sounds in the bg (metroid-tourian), soon awkward, skeletal BEAT sets in (snares like shots in the dark lol) with more and more percussive effects joining in building an actual groove... bassline sounding very organic, almost like "real" double bass. "qubby" vibe yeah. then an ambient middle section (vangelis/paralel suns style) until beat comes back in a more reduced form and unfortunately soon after that the mp breaks off... all in all it ate my soul. totally awesome! really tempted to look for the rest now although i kinda wanted to wait for the whole experience this time :/ argh... the complete time would be 4:24. i know if this'll turn out to be fake this post will make me look like an ass but like i said i'm very confident, it has autechre written all over it in terms of mood, production etc and it really fits in with everything one has heard about the album so far...