IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Guest CurlyAngryman

Anyway, realizing that you all seem to know Ae's music back and forth (as do I, admittedly), I do have an interview with Sean Booth coming up, so if you have any burning questions or insights, I'd be interested to see them.

Was there a different thought process or mood that you intentionally approached Oversteps with in comparison to Quaristice? Or did the album just come naturally to you?

Anyway, realizing that you all seem to know Ae's music back and forth (as do I, admittedly), I do have an interview with Sean Booth coming up, so if you have any burning questions or insights, I'd be interested to see them.

Can you tell us about the process of starting from a clean slate to ending up with the new album? Was this material edited down from 1 hr jams like Quaristice of did you approach it a different way?

Guest bitroast

why do bands still announce albums months before they come out anymore?

well isn't it rather obvious why they do that? it's to get the album hyped up to the max so more people will eventually buy it

hehe. when rephlex hosted their online site i bought alot of it because a. i wanted to hear it and b. paying was the only way to hear it all. also because they releassed alot of things at once, i ended up bulk purchasing :P rephlex nailed it!

richard devine recently updated to me that he only has a fake so far

Didn't he say he received in the mail though?

but why is he then frustrated about the leak being fake?

maybe he just didn't want to say "downloaded" and said "mail" instead

i would have a dumb question for autechre : being a bit deaf after years of techno/rave/shows, i'm wondering if they've got any hearing problems ?

seriously, i was wondering how the techno kids of yesterday might turned into middle aged ravers(prodigy, carl craig) without being ridiculous.

Edited by k h o v

Guest ruiagnelo

he has the tendency to be how do i say, a *little* bit of a show boater . If you got a fucking promo copy at least elaborate on it instead of teasing the shit out of people

That last sentence of your reply goes really well with your picture

What albums/artists have you been listening to lately?

i´d like to know if there are explicit "rob" and "sean" songs on quaristice (and on oversteps). because to me especially on quaristice there were two kind of tracks. on the one hand you have:

altibizz

plyPhon

Simmm

Tankakern

Fol3 (or better: fol4, fol3`s bigger and better brother)

Theswere

Wnsn

which are completely awesome and deep, and on the other hand you have totally different sounding, (and more aimless and imo weaker) tracks like

The Plc

Perlence

90101-5l-l

bnc Castl (not sure about the other tracks)

Edited by panz0r

1. ask them what they think is impotent knowledge they now have and wished they would have had when they started (pitfalls)

2. ask them what they think about when making a track

3. ask them what they think most people do wrong when starting with music production

4. ask them how long it takes until a track is finished and if they do several ones and take the best or if they work on one for a long time until its perfect

and if they know by themselves when a track is good enough or if they have certain people that help them with that

Edited by o00o

Guest extherium

When is the Australia tour happening?

I'd be interested to know whether Autechre either as the group, individually or as members of Gescom would ever consider creating a collaborative track/EP/album with a rapper, wherein they combine their trademark style with that of hip hop.

Cuz for me, it would kick so much ass if they did that, especially if it was one of those awesome UK grime/garage/dubstep rappers.

I'd be interested to know whether Autechre either as the group, individually or as members of Gescom would ever consider creating a collaborative track/EP/album with a rapper, wherein they combine their trademark style with that of hip hop.

Cuz for me, it would kick so much ass if they did that, especially if it was one of those awesome UK grime/garage/dubstep rappers.

They said they'd love to make a straight up hip hop album. But not for a lazy someone who just wants a repetitive backing track, basically whoever is cool with being cut up and Autechreized and has the talent and skill to work around their production.

i´d like to know if there are explicit "rob" and "sean" songs on quaristice (and on oversteps). because to me especially on quaristice there were two kind of tracks. on the one hand you have:

altibizz

plyPhon

Simmm

Tankakern

Fol3 (or better: fol4, fol3`s bigger and better brother)

Theswere

Wnsn

which are completely awesome and deep, and on the other hand you have totally different sounding, (and more aimless and imo weaker) tracks like

The Plc

Perlence

90101-5l-l

bnc Castl (not sure about the other tracks)

So, basically you want one of them to say he's awesome and the other to say he's responsible for what you perceive as "aimless" and "weak" tracks? Yeah, I'm sure they'll let you know.

Edit: not to mention in every interview ever they have said that the tracks most often come from a collaborative process.

Edited by baph