IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

I just don't get why warp does no give away the digital files right now... The are obviously there as there are promos... Maybe they want as much radio plays as possible before everybody gets it

Promos are promos, pre-release sample copies that get sent out for reviews or what not. They set a release date, that's when the MP3/CD/LP come out. :unsure: I see what you mean, the album is done and all, but that's just the way it goes, that's the way it's been. I agree what Rephlex did recently was really cool and hopefully things go in that direction pretty soon (with the inclusion of physical releases). But for now...a release date is a release date. I hate this leak mentality. Anticipation is fun. Maybe I'm a masochist.

this is still 2 months from release. in reality, it does seem relatively early to release a sampler, even if people like us are chomping at the bit. plus those samplers tell basically nothing anyway. i remember being really disappointed by the totems flare samplers and blown away by the album. march will be here before you know it.

I've never listened to any of those samplers. I just want to hear the whole album in its entirety, not just little snippets. I only care to hear snippets if I'm not sure whether to buy it or not.

the type of anticipation i'm experiencing right now feels like a mental illness

you're lucky that you feel that way about Autechre. in the case of similar BoC cases, one can be hospitalized for it. :emotawesomepm9:

what are some interestingly derived sampled sounds on oversteps?

That's a good question and I am also curious but I think they will dodge questions on samples and where they are from.. partly b/c they like to blur the line b/w synthesis and sampling.

what are some interestingly derived sampled sounds on oversteps?

That's a good question and I am also curious but I think they will dodge questions on samples and where they are from.. partly b/c they like to blur the line b/w synthesis and sampling.

i figure they'll just make up some funny shit.

I just don't get why warp does no give away the digital files right now... The are obviously there as there are promos... Maybe they want as much radio plays as possible before everybody gets it

my guess is it has little to do with Warp and more to do with Ae's personal wishes. Warp has never to my knowledge held back samples this long before a highly anticipated release.

Hudson Mohawke 'Butter' had an album sampler long before it leaked, Totem's Flare did as well. Squarepusher put a full track from JAS on his myspace a half of a year before JAS came out.

going by initial reports of what it sounds like, i'm inclined to agree with you. maybe the boys regard this one as something special, a magnum opus

Yes, fol4 is a masterpiece for sure. Did you not even like the chunk from Perlence Range 7 where the snares dance around your head like little tiki men with tiki masks and little hawaiin tutus that are short enough that you can see their junk dangling to the beat?

lol!!!!!!

Paralel suns get no mention ? To me, its the number 1 track by Æ in a long time. ( Ie. since Confield )
this track is stellar. +1 to internet

its one of my favorite quaristice/quadrange moment, but before being a great track, i think its a kind of tribute to vangelis. check Invisible connections the album (track 2 & 3).

i'm getting confused with all those remixes/versions : the "vangelis" track is rather perlence suns...

if you can find out please let me know which Vangelis song specifically, i am a big fan of his music and own most of it on vinyl. my wife's favorite Quaristice track is parallel suns because it reminds her of Amber (her fave ae album)

if you can find out please let me know which Vangelis song specifically, i am a big fan of his music and own most of it on vinyl. my wife's favorite Quaristice track is parallel suns because it reminds her of Amber (her fave ae album)

Invisible connections, Atom Blaster & Thermo vision (the same track, cut in 2 parts).

one of my favorite Vangelis : got it on cd & lp... thinks blade runner but way more minimal & abstract.

http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Connections-Vangelis/dp/B00000E30I

Dial the Journal added a bonus track in Japan

lol I saw that too. I can only assume they mean 'Dial the Journal' is the bonus track, although that seems like an odd choice of a name for an Ae track, so maybe it's just the translator fudging things up.

Edited by thehauntingsoul