IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

response from norman records: "we got an official promo of Oversteps. It's digitally watermarked"

i guess it's a little late for anybody to still be doubting the leak's authenticity but i thought i'd post that anyways

Guest extridium

for me:

1. LP5

2. Chiastic Slide

3. Confield

4. EP7

5. Oversteps

6. Tri Rep

7. Untilted

8. Amber

9. Incunabula

10. Pentagsn

Mine is very similar to yours, minus number 10, haha.

01. Chiastic / Confield / Quaristice (+ all other versions)

02. Oversteps / EP7 / Tri

03. Untilted / Draft / LP5

i also like the radio (remixes) very much.

response from norman records: "we got an official promo of Oversteps. It's digitally watermarked"

i guess it's a little late for anybody to still be doubting the leak's authenticity but i thought i'd post that anyways

So in the leak(s) is there any distinguishing features that show that it's been watermarked in any way ? I know they said the same thing about one of their other albums but didn't that turn out to be bum ?

Guest Greg Reason

The prior two ae promo CDs didn't have any digital watermarking. I have received plenty of watermarked CDs though, when you mp3 them they insert differing lengths of silence between all the tracks. So playing it on disk is fine but once you digitize it sharing is obviously not clever unless you manually edit the silences out, which wouldn't normally matter but the track lengths are causing quite a ruckus for this particular release.

I deleted the m4a from my drive and I'm just listening to older Ae to get in the mood to hear their progression or something. As much as I liked what I heard of it, I hope that the next release(s) of Autechre's after Oversteps are less ambient. Not because I don't dig the ambient stuff, but rather because I prefer the glitchy stuff. Though if they could have both at the same time and make it work as well as Envane, I wouldn't be complaining.

I think all this waiting for Oversteps has been a great excuse to fill in the holes in my collection.

same... I finally ordered basscad EP & peel session 2 to fill in some gaps. The wait is actually kinda nice in a way... though I can't wait for that Japanese rip, hopefully with bonus track

actually i've stopped listening to oversteps now, i don't want to get sick of it hehe. there is much awesomeness awaiting in the vinyl version!

i've been rediscovering envane today.

i hope the next autechre release has vocals

sean and rob singing through autotune

autotune is so 2008

you're right, it'll be at least another 20 years until it's back in fashion.

I purchased Amber and LP5 last night.

I think all this waiting for Oversteps has been a great excuse to fill in the holes in my collection.

i'm a bit sad that there are no holes in my ae collection, in a way. besides the remixes, actually i'd like to see an autechre remixes collection.. though they're probably far too arty with their releases to make a compilation.

ps. please reduce the size of your sig.

oversteps will be new to me :)

i still need some remixes but i have a bunch. i need inhake2, drane3, some others.

also, my gescom collection is about complete, i just need 2 more releases i think. gescom was an acquired taste but close enough to ae so that i had something to compare it to.

I would get an embarrassing boner at work right now if there was a Drane 3.

Also, someone needs to put Inhake 3 on teh youtubes so I can preview that shizz.

Drane 3???

Yeah, news to me.

Incidentally, Inhake 2 is on Peel Sessions and there is an Inhake 3.. Mix up?

Yeah, there is an Inhake 3 on a comp, in addition to Inhake 2 on Peel sessions. No Drane 3 to the best of my knowledge.