IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

lol that would be awesome if Sean booth had a schizophrenic episode and put out a really cheesy plaid ripoff and his other personality was completely unaware of it

Fucking irl lol

But the cover art is possibly the worst fit for the music I have ever seen, lol. Maybe it was intentional to be misleading, I dunno.

This is so true. I know this music is obviously impossible to 'represent' visually, but almost all past Ae albums have had covers that fit the music in some way - especially EP7 and Confield. But the Oversteps cover made me think the album would be more organic, more hip hop, more upfront, more...erm....'white' in colour. I don't know, I'm useless with these words. But Oversteps sounds soundtracky and sleek and synthetic and sci-fi-ish (more useless words, but you get what I mean.) Basically, it sounds the opposite to its cover.

Autechre have admitted to releasing 'fake leaks' themselves before, and let's be honest they aren't daft or inexperienced so even if the leak is by them it doesn't guarantee that it 'is' Oversteps.

+1

...and another thing. Few of my friends (including me) are making music like this for years now, a lot of people that i folow on net too and we all are going to be accused of being just another Ae wannabe idiots. :rtfm:

Welcome to a shit thread.

If I was ae forum mod this messy shit wouldn't go down. No sir. Not on my watch.

Phew...good thing I already read them all when they were separate. Now I can forge on without worry.

Guest Balance

After 10 or more listens this could be the best thing they've ever done, replacing Untilted as my fave.

It's made me 10 times as excited for the Glasgow gig :pedobear:

Who's going to be recording their shows? Just because it's unlikely we're going to get a soundboard doesn't mean we shouldn't take a recording.

I would but I have nothing to record with!

i'm fairly convinced now that Autechre has faked their own leak.

Seconded. I'm thinking this way more and more every hour. I only listened to the album once though and said to myself to leave it until the proper release - I don't want some of the confusion that some guys have here....

interestingly i hear no Machinedrum 'midicommand' algorithmic sequenceing either. They jsut put out this external bxoes for the machinedrums that lets you do all these crazy modificatiosn to them one of them being algorithmic beats and melodies. it just came out 1 week ago so id be surprised if they had a chance to even use it yet. are you getting one Futureimage?

I'll be honest I don't think Ae would get one of those, they'd just use Max. Someone's already made a Max For Live patch which replicates the really cool turn-your-MachineDrum-into-a-melodic-synth mode.

And unfortunately I'm not getting one :( I have no monies after buying the special edition Oversteps :facepalm:

Guest the anonymous forumite

i'm going to record live with this

tascam-dr100-front-top.jpg

Good. I look forward to hearing this, I've been willing to buy one of those. Promise you won't enhance the recording, ok ?

I'll be honest I don't think Ae would get one of those, they'd just use Max. Someone's already made a Max For Live patch which replicates the really cool turn-your-MachineDrum-into-a-melodic-synth mode.

Also Rob has been using Live since at least April of last year. Which, now with M4L, would reinforce Max usage.

do some of you honestly believe ae would put so much work into a complete 'fake' album?? I think you're fooling yourself...

They'd only have to make some recordings of basic Max patches or even ready-made early demos of tracks...

do some of you honestly believe ae would put so much work into a complete 'fake' album?? I think you're fooling yourself...

What work? They've copied that tracks from recycle bin.

What work? They've copied that tracks from recycle bin.

Quite a few people are actually enjoying oversteps... myself included. But let me understand this... do you also think see on see & ilanders are fake from the radio station promo or do you think those are real - then ae threw together a fake album & included those 2 real songs they just played on it to fool everyone?