IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Thus, WHAT THE FUCK, WARP/BLEEP?

well, maybe its is due to legal reasons. i wonder how did other online distributors (itunes/boomkat etc) react when quaristice (flac) was sold at bleep before every one else.

Awepittance i don't know actually about physical modeling in known(1), could it be that it's simply an FM sound played through a sampler? To me it does lack the chaotic element of any kind of jitter ususally present in phys.mod. sounds….

though i won't be able to go back and listen to it anymore, no,, i won't……. :cisfor::fail:

Edited by Guest

back on topic, this is a really sweet album. Love qplay and Treale. Treale has some of Ae's best stuff going on in it. Mostly I just love how inviting the album is, I actually enjoy giving it repeated listens, that hasn't happened since LP7 for me.

LP7?????????

But yeah this does remind me mostly of LP5, with hints of Quaristice here and there.

Awepittance i don't know actually about physical modeling in known(1), could it be that it's simply an FM sound played through a sampler? To me it does lack the chaotic element of any kind of jitter ususally present in phys.mod. sounds….

though i won't be able to go back and listen to it anymore, no,, i won't……. :cisfor::fail:

yeah i think it could also be whatever they used in simm or fermium , possibly fm?

back on topic, this is a really sweet album. Love qplay and Treale. Treale has some of Ae's best stuff going on in it. Mostly I just love how inviting the album is, I actually enjoy giving it repeated listens, that hasn't happened since LP7 for me.

LP7?????????

But yeah this does remind me mostly of LP5, with hints of Quaristice here and there.

lol, ep7, sue me. I was listening to it when you were in kneepants :emotawesomepm9:

i haven't heard none o' these leaks n' shit. i'm saving myself up for when i buy an actual copy. OVERSTEPS VIRGIN

likewise,, it makes it more rewarding.

Guest Archrival

LP5 and EP7 in my mind redefined the way FM synthesis can be used, really pushed it's boundaries

which parts in particular?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh7bWakDWqI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuK7NStpULc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN359HOxBx8&feature=related

Dam! Those tracks have aged badly...haven't listened to those tracks since 2002-2003 maybe...I loved them back then, nostalgia. This new album sounds beyond delicious. Listened to D Sho Qub and Known1, the tracks everyone raving about being the worst tracks! and I like them a lot! D Sho Qub, choir! Now I heard 4 full tracks and all the samples and all sound like classic AE to me, will probably like this even more than Quaristice. This could be my alltime favourite AE release.

Guest David R James

surprisingly, this album is growing on me. i felt in love with some tracks, qplay, os veix3, d-sho qub and st epreo

I really didnt like it when i first heard it, but it is one of those that has to grow. I reckon those are the best albums, the ones that sneak up on you and you realise you were wrong.