IGNORED

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

Listening right now for the first time... sittin' out back under the stars (well the few I can see) with headphones. Awesome.. really diggin' this so far! So different than LA

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, the limited gold foil slipcase is VERY nice... glad the album is living up to the packaging. Print is pretty cool too... cd case sized so you can easily slip it in the case with the digipack.

Picked this up today and got the Fly Lo poster and blunt wraps... ripping the vinyl right now and am very underwhelmed :(

I have (had? I think I left it at a mate's) los angeles and I thought it was good but a bit samey. should I get this?

well this one is more varied for sure... so it might be more up your alley

Enjoying Dance of the Psuedo Nymph a million times more on good speakers. Listening to this album on average headphones didn't do it any justice. When I got home and played it loudly in my living room, I appreciated so much more.

Or maybe it's all the sangria.

Guest bitroast

holy shit this album is incredible. is that fancy shiny version still available? i need to buy this.

It's showing on bleep as out of stock. Was it exclusive to bleep? I can't remember. Not trying to rub it in, but it does look fucking lovely.

woo. bought the limited edition fancy shiny version from independent cd store in city today :D

didn't come with the print but that's ok. was $25 aus for those of you playing at home :)

Guest Enter a new display name

Nvm this is quite good... was just a grump earlier.

Thank god we have goffer's approval for Flying Lotus' latest wonky-wonky hip-hop album from LA.

holy shit this album is incredible. is that fancy shiny version still available? i need to buy this.

It's showing on bleep as out of stock. Was it exclusive to bleep? I can't remember. Not trying to rub it in, but it does look fucking lovely.

woo. bought the limited edition fancy shiny version from independent cd store in city today :D

didn't come with the print but that's ok. was $25 aus for those of you playing at home :)

dont worry about not getting the print. you can just print the image out from a few pages back, it will be the same thing. its literally like a postcard on glossy stock with uneven white borders. you can get 500 postcards printed online for $75. amateur at best.

Guest bitroast

Enjoying Dance of the Psuedo Nymph a million times more on good speakers. Listening to this album on average headphones didn't do it any justice. When I got home and played it loudly in my living room, I appreciated so much more.

Or maybe it's all the sangria.

hehehe. i think last two times i listened to the album i was udner the impression Dance of the Psuedo Nymph would be the last track. so very very gooD^__^_^_

Nvm this is quite good... was just a grump earlier.

Thank god we have goffer's approval for Flying Lotus' latest wonky-wonky hip-hop album from LA.

:beer:

Guest GrandPopPoplock

I just got it and...God...........damn .

This is quite a leap from from LA . It's overwhelmingly in depth .

My favorite track is between ''Computer Face//Pure Being'' and ''Drips//Auntie's Harp'' . Oh , and the bass guitar in ''Dance of the Pseudo Nymph'' is fuckin' brutal .

Hat's off , Mr Lotus...hats fucking off .

I love the foil slipcase. :emotawesomepm9: The album art really suits the music.

I love when that happens. Makes the album more enjoyable and worth having the physical copy too

Guest GrandPopPoplock

I love the foil slipcase. :emotawesomepm9: The album art really suits the music.

I love when that happens. Makes the album more enjoyable and worth having the physical copy too

Indeed , my sons...indeed

Hmm....

Nice packaging.

On first listen, there are a few nice moments, but mostly sounds like a collection of ideas rather than tracks. The sticker boasts "17 tracks" but most of them are 1-2 minutes long. Seriously, save half of the ideas for another album and let some of these breathe a bit....

didn't come with the print but that's ok.

Cool, glad you got one. And I wouldn't worry about the print, you'll live without it.

Hmm....

Nice packaging.

On first listen, there are a few nice moments, but mostly sounds like a collection of ideas rather than tracks. The sticker boasts "17 tracks" but most of them are 1-2 minutes long. Seriously, save half of the ideas for another album and let some of these breathe a bit....

agree with this. too many short ideas, like a smattering of small ideas. not sure if it's cohesive yet, or what. didn't like the packaging at first, it reminds me of the sort of gaudy 'born into this' by mf doom. but it's grown on me

Yeah it does suit the music. I thought the L.A. artwork fit the music as well.

I think the short tracks actually help this album. They may seem like snippets of ideas but they all work together to form a cohesive album, which to me, is more important and more enjoyable

i feel like los angeles is the crazy blaze/ party album and this is the headphones and bed spiritual journey album

i'm pretty sure the creator used dmt several times during the creation of this one. i read it on his myspace a while back.

i feel a connection to flylo from this music. you can tell he went on some mental sojourns to distant realms of abstract thought during its creation. and he communicates those otherworldly dimensions and "cosmic drama" really well through the music.

or night drive album, cosmogramma. thats the setting in which this album completely took me far into joy ville. and i was sober. i need to go for a drive... just bought this on cd. need to get the vinyl too.

i feel like los angeles is the crazy blaze/ party album and this is the headphones and bed spiritual journey album

i'm pretty sure the creator used dmt several times during the creation of this one. i read it on his myspace a while back.

i feel a connection to flylo from this music. you can tell he went on some mental sojourns to distant realms of abstract thought during its creation. and he communicates those otherworldly dimensions and "cosmic drama" really well through the music.

or night drive album, cosmogramma. thats the setting in which this album completely took me far into joy ville. and i was sober. i need to go for a drive... just bought this on cd. need to get the vinyl too.

yep read that about the dmt too

agree with your post about the album

When I first listened to it, I also thought it was sort of messy. I also thought this about Los Angeles, which I ended up loving later on.

After a few listens, the dense thicket of musical phrases and righteous grooves began to make sense, and I realized that this album is jam packed with epicness and sheer ass kickery. :braindance:

Archived