IGNORED

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Cloak Catcher, Pickled!, and Nose Art, but I really feel like this album plays smoother starting from Intro//A Cosmic Drama. Maybe it will grow on me, but right now it feels like these tracks are just thrown on the beginning. Maybe I'm just not used to an album starting this way, especially an "epic" such as this.

my thoughts exactly.. I've started listenting to the album at track 4 a few times

Never occurred to me til I read this, just trying it now though and I have to agree. It did strike me as odd that track 4 was called 'Intro...'. As an aside, the very start of 'Intro' made me think he'd sampled the tripod noise from Steven Spielberg's 'War Of The Worlds'.

The intro track and final track give very 70s vibes. I actually kind of like how the intro is 4 tracks in. Just because it's named intro doesn't mean it has to be first. It's like you are already primed for when the journey really starts. I can however see your point about the first three tracks feeling tacked on. I just kind of dig it though

I like Cloak Catcher, Pickled!, and Nose Art, but I really feel like this album plays smoother starting from Intro//A Cosmic Drama. Maybe it will grow on me, but right now it feels like these tracks are just thrown on the beginning. Maybe I'm just not used to an album starting this way, especially an "epic" such as this.

Couldn't agree more, I barely got beyond these tracks when I first listened to the leak. They have grown on me but still really don't fit the flow of the album. That said, this album as a whole has grown on me a ton, for the most part it really flows very well as a conceptual album. The tracks with Thundercat bass really stand out, he adds a lot to this album, as well as the gorgeous harp and string arrangements. Gotta say Do The Astral Plane is my current fav because it puts me in such a good mood but I suspect this may change. Got mine today and the artwork is really lovely, A+ Mr. Lotus!

I dig the first few tracks...they all flow together.

that they do. Plus I like the jarring start rather than slow strings. I think the album is perfectly paced

Guest iamabe

This is one of the nicest vinyl packages I have. The translucent sleeves are gorgeous. Man, the album art is superb overall, especially the cryptic davinci shit inside.

WTF, did she even listen to The Eraser? The review doesn't even have a conclusion. It was literally: "Yeah, so like, I won't say it, but that Radiohead guy is on this laptronica album for all the white people who listen to this stuff...END OF REVIEW"

picked the record up on vinyl today, but decided to listen to the 320kbps mp3's that come with the vinyl instead of putting it on.

I like it; I was expecting more... beats, but the jazz is nice. Was kind of hoping for more stuff like Tronix from Warp20 too so this is good. The artwork is interesting on the bigger format too.

Galaxy In Janaki is so nice

I bought this CD yesterday - my first FlyLo's album ever purchased. I didn't like the few tracks I listened on his MySpace but I thought it would be way better on CD and damn it I was right !

I just love "Do The Astral Plane", kinda lounge, very good imo. The whole album is very jazzy, relaxing, etc.

BUT don't you think that the bass part on "Pickled" is like the one on "Theme From Squarepusher" ?

Now I'm in Flying Lotus.

finally grabbed Velvet Cake... pretty crazy track! only problem with tacking it on the end is it sounds a bit out of place after the stellar Galaxy in Janaki ending :/

finally grabbed Velvet Cake... pretty crazy track! only problem with tacking it on the end is it sounds a bit out of place after the stellar Galaxy in Janaki ending :/

It sort of works better when listening to the whole of the Japanese CD. There are a couple of minutes of silence following Galaxy In Janaki, and then Velvet Cake bursts in almost like a hidden track sort of thing.

So I assume people have velvet cake? Pwink Mwink

You might be able to find it on certain 'demonic' torrent sites... just sayin'

• 2 weeks later...

Archived