IGNORED

Drukqs

bubbhasdance

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

penty harmonium is a yellowish orange to me

I have it as more of a custard yellow.

For me it's just a series of black blobs. They look pretty cool, though.

Guest yikes

i just found a vinyl copy minus the cover for 2 dollars last week

[anyone have an extra cover-?i'm sure not]

its 3 disc vinyl set or am i missing a plate?

when it first came out i bought it on CD and while i liked it but preferred earlier works

i find it more enjoyable than analords which is cool but i am just not that into ACID

that said drukgs has grown on me

i like the piano etudes and the drillish stuff is cool but its not as melodic or Hook laden as in the past thus hindering the immediate gratification level a bit.

the sound quality and the mastering for vinyl adds a whole other level of enjoyment.

it seems like these tracks are not his best but very close.Slightly sub par?

compared to the tuss or the men releases?

isn't true that he only releases the mediocre stuff and shelves all of the best stuff for at home listening only and for friends?

I agree. That track molests my brain in ways I will never fully comprehend. I think Drukqs may as well be his best album simply because of that one alone. It's too fucking brilliant, it's the kind of music that sounds like it was never made by a man but rather has always existed on some perfect alien world. /fanboy

I'm sure I'm like the hundred millionth person to say something like that on this forum though.

i just found a vinyl copy minus the cover for 2 dollars last week

[anyone have an extra cover-?i'm sure not]

its 3 disc vinyl set or am i missing a plate?

you're definitely missing a record - it's a 4x12" with 2x45rpm and 2x33rpm.

and i very much doubt anyone would have a spare box...elusive is also missing his box and would probably fight you in a bare knuckle death match to the death.

it took me a while to get used to it at first. I expected more lush hip hop style aphex. He likes to suprise you for sure. I guess he was listening to Venetian snares at the time.

Even though there seems to be a lack of direction and cohesiveness, there's a certain reclusive, cunning, late night mood to this selection of 30 tracks which is just the damnedest thing.

All of the drill n' bass tracks, with their endlessly unfolding detail kind of reminds me of tripping for the first time, just closing my eyes in the dark and feeling this onslaught of unprecedented sensations, all five senses being rigorously stimulated all while running the gamut of the emotional spectrum. Sometimes beautiful, sometimes ugly, but always unique and awe inspiring and something to think about quite a bit.

Guest Masonic Boom

I think what makes this album so genius is its utter lack of direction.

Yeah, OTM. I had it on the headphones as I was meandering through Morden Hall Park this weekend, enjoying the sun and the wandering Wandle.

And it just struck me, this album was half the sound of an inventive artist at the peak of his creativity, pushing the envelope, exploring the boundary between noise and music, between chaos and order, and mapping hithertoo unknown beauty in the spaces in between. And the other half is the sound of demented overgrown adolescent slapping his dick off the piano keys. And yet the album gives you no sign or signifier as to which is which. And, in fact, if you took 30 Aphex fans and asked them which was which, you'd get 30 different answers.

(Morden Hall Park is a weird place, which is why I brought it up - it's this gorgeous tranquil pastoral 19th Century country house and estate, bordered on all sides by grim South London industrial estates and semi-suburban sprawl. It seemed perfect counterpoint.)

Guest bacteriatastic

QKThr is very deeply felt for me. i'm not sure why; does anyone else like this track for some odd reason?

it has to be that instrument he used. what is that, an accordion?

Guest Calx Sherbet

i liked that track the first time i ever heard it. it is a really cool sounding track, as brief and simple as it is. i was thinking either an accordion or some modified organ. i was pretty fascinated with it.

i've always had the same emotional connection toward 'Father'. both are pretty enigmatic in my opinion. neither of them are particularly moving, but they are similar in the way they make me feel (even though father is much darker and gloomier). of course the title influenced this visualisation, but it makes me think of a dimly lit living room at night, with an old man sitting on a couch with his face buried in a newspaper.

Guest bacteriatastic

"A harmonium is a free-standing keyboard instrument similar to a reed organ. Sound is produced by air, supplied by foot-operated or hand-operated bellows, being blown through sets of free reeds, resulting in a sound similar to that of an accordion."

learn something new every day, man

i liked that track the first time i ever heard it. it is a really cool sounding track, as brief and simple as it is. i was thinking either an accordion or some modified organ. i was pretty fascinated with it.

i've always had the same emotional connection toward 'Father'. both are pretty enigmatic in my opinion. neither of them are particularly moving, but they are similar in the way they make me feel (even though father is much darker and gloomier). of course the title influenced this visualisation, but it makes me think of a dimly lit living room at night, with an old man sitting on a couch with his face buried in a newspaper.

father always sounds to me like

its-goofy-time.png

Archived