IGNORED

"Move of ten" is out on bleep

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to say that so far I don't dislike anything on this, but I fucking love nth Dafuseder.b, sounds unlike anything else I've ever heard from Ae.

n.b. Update on Obel's current sphincter dilation...?

it has a flute sound that makes me think of BOC

rew(1) and pce freeze 28i are awesome.

everything else is kinda bleh. some to the point where I think they are "taking the piss". certainly shows that this is a full time job now and they are starting to sound kind of sick of it.

ugh. I'll try to give it a chance, but... these guys may have just stopped being my favorite band.

was their '96-'03 stuff really as awesome as I remember? or was it just cos I was a teenager when I heard it?

anyway, it doesn't matter. I'll get my existential ass off this circle jerk thread. time to go make some decent music cos my heroes seem to have all but given up on it.

oh one more thing. I used to like reverb, but that FUCKING reverb. what is the deal?? sounds like their lexicon's screen and control went out and they just decided to leave it stuck on that patch. so fuckin boring.

byetechre.

I haven't listened to this yet, but Lianne's reaction does not disappoint.

:emotawesomepm9:

I know, right? :emotawesomepm9:

At least we have one curmudgeon who will always take fault with new Autechre right away! And we can count on her for that, yes we can! :emotawesomepm9:

shit. i'm loving this more than i expected. until now i always thought their albums were where it's at, and the eps as nice additions.

i think i'll be listening to this more than oversteps. not necessarily because it's "better" it's just... easier on the ear (more linear). oversteps, beautiful as it is, demands alot of attention imho and i just blasted this shit over headphones during a 6 hour civ 4 session again and again and it was perfect, even the nth time. this might sound superficial but "good background music" for me isn't an euphemism at all. and damn is it full of "juicy" sounds, mmmh. also, despite the rather fixed frames/ straight beats there are tons of singular events surrounding them to turn your attention to.

also, etcho is pure aural ass rape. painful, but secretly i kinda wanted it too, didn't i :emb:

Guest Garkken

After one listen, I liked - Etchogon-S, pce freeze 2.8i, Cep puiqMX.

Others, too, at the level.

Y7 - great acid traxx!!!

Guest nene multiple assgasms

has anyone had problems with the 24-bit wavs? I converted them to apple lossless to listen on my ipod, everything was going fine until I got to y7; 34 seconds into this track it skips ahead to the following track. I guess I could just try putting the uncompressed wav files on there.

Mine are fine (also converted to 24 bit ALAC); maybe just try deleting and adding the files again.

Edit: iPods don't like 24bit very much. That's what the 320 is for!

On second listen, I like this quite a bit, but the only thing I can contribute in this wine-soaked moment is:

tickle me ylm0

I have been a fan of Autechre for I don't know, 12 years now, but I have always felt this way. I like the weird, glitchy, interesting aspect of their music and the little flourishes of brilliance that stand out, more than I actually enjoy listening to their albums. I think they've yet to put out my favorite album. One day they will put something out that's a bit more melodic without losing what makes them Autechre (ok I admit that's a bit of a contradiction), it'll be pure brilliance and I'll be ready to die.

You're not alone in this. I'm on the Ae boat since the Egg on Ai1. (I'm 38). I don't think it's a contradiction to be a bit more melodic. They can still be Ae. For instance, in rew1 I wish there were some more variations in melody, maybe a key change.

This is why good Dmitri Shostakovich or Anton Bruckner beat Ae here in terms of "my favorite band" ;) But of course Ae are the very cream of the electronic side.

I wish there was something like a electronic Shostakovich Sym. 15/4mvmt, oh yeah I'd die.

why would they use microtonic if they have a machinedrum? also this release is really fucking good so far, perfect oversteps companion, a lot darker and rougher.

in pce freeze 2.8i i distinctively hear microtonic factory preset :cry:

who makes that? be prepared for countless members to deny any possibility that AE uses recognizable things

AE don't use computers to make their music!

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Mine are fine (also converted to 24 bit ALAC); maybe just try deleting and adding the files again.

Edit: iPods don't like 24bit very much. That's what the 320 is for!

I tried deleting the files and adding them again. I even tried reconverting to alac. then I tried just putting the 24-bit wavs on the ipod, and it wouldn't play those at all. I finally put the 24-bit wavs on my old half-broken creative player and listened to the album on that. you'd think an apple ipod would be able to play apple lossless files!

concerning the album itself, on my first listen I find it quite awesome. rew(1) might be the funkiest track they've ever released. some of it's like a more rhythm-centric oversteps, while some tracks would have fit quite nicely on oversteps.

I feel like I appreciate ae more on a momentary, zoomed in level... the sound design, little flourishes in a drum beat, or melody... fucking brilliant... but the more I listen/look at the music on a more macro/zoomed out level... it loses it's brilliance... it starts to sound more haphazard. and that makes me sad. when i used to listen to ae, I would think "this is perfection" and now I feel like I am constantly finding things that don't settle well with me... things I would change, or feel are underdeveloped/not reaching their potential.

I have been a fan of Autechre for I don't know, 12 years now, but I have always felt this way. I like the weird, glitchy, interesting aspect of their music and the little flourishes of brilliance that stand out, more than I actually enjoy listening to their albums. I think they've yet to put out my favorite album. One day they will put something out that's a bit more melodic without losing what makes them Autechre (ok I admit that's a bit of a contradiction), it'll be pure brilliance and I'll be ready to die.

Some of this is closer.

I love autechre on the macro/structural level. they went from seemingly repeating but everchanging patterns on tri repetae to improvisational-feeling meandering alien free jazz on confield and draft.

Archived