IGNORED

"Move of ten" is out on bleep

I tried deleting the files and adding them again. I even tried reconverting to alac. then I tried just putting the 24-bit wavs on the ipod, and it wouldn't play those at all. I finally put the 24-bit wavs on my old half-broken creative player and listened to the album on that. you'd think an apple ipod would be able to play apple lossless files!

ipods can't play 24 bit files. at all. you need to convert them to 16 bit

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms

it was playing them, though! it just messed up when it got to a certain point in y7.

I can't believe people still get all gay about noticing a preset sound. You mean to say that Autechre would use software or hardware they haven't built themselves form scratch!? Get the fuck out of here!

So, if it's recognisable it doesn't sound good all of a sudden? Fuck off.

I can't believe people still get all gay about noticing a preset sound. You mean to say that Autechre would use software or hardware they haven't built themselves form scratch!? Get the fuck out of here!

ok!

btw my highlights on this release are iris was a pupil and no border

Yeah I thought I heard it in the pce one too, which is weird, because I never notice that shit. I only heard one sound though. microtonic is awesome though. I fucking love that vst. ATM, nth is my fave, but I haven't gotten further than that yet, and I must wait till tomorrow to blast the rest. No headphones fer this one.

better than oversteps. i may actually listen to this one.

Guest pixelives

Got to say that so far I don't dislike anything on this, but I fucking love nth Dafuseder.b, sounds unlike anything else I've ever heard from Ae.

n.b. Update on Obel's current sphincter dilation...?

I'm hearing something vaguely Rhodes-like in the first two minutes, way buried, the call to the response of that flute sound.

I've listened to it a few times - as people have said it's definitely a grower. First thoughts -- probably one of the most abstract and least accessible ae releases, but that doesn't mean it's a bad release.

So far, the stand out tracks for me are pce freeze 28i, nth and no border. All the tracks on Move Of Ten are in some way reminiscent of Oversteps, and I love Oversteps now.

Probable outcome: give me a few more weeks with this and I'll probably come back giving it more praise (typical Ae syndrome)

First thoughts -- probably one of the most abstract and least accessible ae releases, but that doesn't mean it's a bad release.

My thoughts: "probably one of the least abstract and most accessible ae releases, but that doesn't mean it's a bad release."

Compared with, e.g. Confield tracks, mo10 tracks are really easy and straightforward, I think.

First thoughts -- probably one of the most abstract and least accessible ae releases, but that doesn't mean it's a bad release.

My thoughts: "probably one of the least abstract and most accessible ae releases, but that doesn't mean it's a bad release."

Compared with, e.g. Confield tracks, mo10 tracks are really easy and straightforward, I think.

what I meant to say was that patterns in Move Of Ten are not too easy to find upon the first few listens.. sure enough, give it a few more listens and I'll know the record back to front but I would argue that it isn't an accessible release as it's quite a challenging listening experience.

I'm sure we can agree that Confield had very noticeable patterns and even accessible tracks, like Cfern, Pen Expers, Uviol -- these are all track that don't take too much of a challenge to understand. I guess it all remains subjective, which is the beauty of music.

Note that when I say it's a challenging release, it doesn't mean it's bad in my books.

Guest HWNDarkside

It's really nice - couple of listens in and it's definately what I was hearing on the Oversteps Tour

is it possible to download a individual tracks on bleep?

yes

sorry but could you tell me how?

hover the mouse cursor over the track you want, and it gives you the price for each format available. click.

Guest Kenneth172

It's good, but I think I prefer Oversteps. I like the monotony of M62 just like driving down the M62. Love the touches of reverb on y7, especially towards the end of the track, loads of depth.

Quite. I always find talk about gear and stuff fucking tedious anyway (because I never have a clue what people are on about), and Autechre aren't really robots from the future, they're just two blokes from Rochdale or wherever using Earthbound technology and shit to make records.

omfg Drexciya have used an 808, i'm so sick of hearing that fucking preset bass drum. can't they change the samples on that 808 already?

fucking presets on analogue drum machines, how do they fuckin work?

Not sure myself about this BOC tomfoolery.

Don't get me wrong. It's only apparent in nth dafuseder.b. But it's definitely there. A child could hear it! And if you can't you're just in denial.

I take it back me old mucker!

On second listen to Move of 10, ylmO is almost pure 100% BOC.

OMG that's the funky shit! rew(1) - :wub: so gooooood

also feeling: Etchogon - :wub: nth dachshund - (flutey!?) :wub:

the more blatant overstepsy ones, well I am still on the fence about some of the source tracks, so gonna be a bit of a slow grower for me. But I don't mind, tis an EPs not an LP and they are sufficiently different that they are just reminiscent rather than remixey/edits to me. which is fuckin cool really.

how weird is it that there are 3 totally repetitious beats on here, 2 of which are just 4 to tha floor kick drums w/ no hats/snares? funnily I really really like y7 (so tasty at the end) and M62 - there's plenty goin on and I find them sonically appealing.

only trk I did not enjoy so fars is pce freeze - that repetitious beat sounds good at first but pushes on too long and the same unappealing melody pattern but cycling through the various synths is just a bit grating for me - some of the synths are tasty but only last 1 pattern. Nice use of voices at the end tho.

RESULT: EPx2 YOU HAV WINNER, thatnks AE

it´s really weird, most of the tracks don´t make any sense while listened on a mp3-player with headphones.

I felt the opposite as I was driving with my bike into yesterday while listening to it :wtf:

maybe get better headphones :music:

Archived