IGNORED

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons of Gold

Guest Backson

i think "Video Club" is more my jam than the album.

I can tell the album is masterful, but I daresay to dense for my tastses.

Guest cult fiction

So, no reviews at all in the media. Bad times for the music.

lol

fuck reviews

Too bad it's not witch house, the media would be all over it.

I imagine reviews could lead to more exposure, so for that reason it's a shame that this hasn't gotten more attention. Any clues as to why the album isn't getting more hype outside of this forum?

because it's not flavor of the month style over substance shit with bad halfhearted 'ethereal' vocals ?

probably needs some more woodblock, autotuned band passed vocals, commodore 64 arpeggios or juggalo vocals

Edited by Awepittance

I can tell the album is masterful, but I daresay to dense for my tastses.

That's actually what's so awesome about it (IMO anyways). Much like last decade Autechre your brain just can't take everything in the first few listens and it's all just too much. Then one by one elements of utter excellence subtly slide in as your ears finally adjust to the crazy intense world.

I heard this album again today after a one month gap of near constant plays (I was overplaying it if I'm honest) and it was like an eccentric but loveable long-lost friend had come back to visit again. I would say this is probably my album of the year.

y'know the way youtube picks a frame to display as the picture when you aren't playing the video? (yeah i'm aware both are based on video idents from the 80s, but...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50BBNZ-ejjU&feature=player_embedded#at=19

now press play... :facepalm:

tl;dr holy fuck justice ripped off vhs head, stuck a 4/4 beat kick on it, and nobody noticed?

edit: i see white mask is reading thread. hi, white mask, i like your music.

Edited by kaini

Wasn't that pre-VHS Head, I'm sure I saw that video quite a while ago ....

aaactually. i was gonna say it was pre-TROG but not video club... but it predates both of em. similar kinda theme, but i'm actually ok with VHS looking like this rather than vice versa. *selfpalm*

Edited by kaini

Guest Backson

y'know the way youtube picks a frame to display as the picture when you aren't playing the video? (yeah i'm aware both are based on video idents from the 80s, but...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50BBNZ-ejjU&feature=player_embedded#at=19

now press play... :facepalm:

tl;dr holy fuck justice ripped off vhs head, stuck a 4/4 beat kick on it, and nobody noticed?

edit: i see white mask is reading thread. hi, white mask, i like your music.

i don't understand

hey white car. your live mix sounds ace.

i was just observing (granted, in a rather baked manner) that both use 80s video ident tropes. although justice do it in a far slicker, more polished kinda style and therefore kinda miss the point in my opinion.

Edited by kaini

That's actually what's so awesome about it (IMO anyways). Much like last decade Autechre your brain just can't take everything in the first few listens and it's all just too much. Then one by one elements of utter excellence subtly slide in as your ears finally adjust to the crazy intense world.

I heard this album again today after a one month gap of near constant plays (I was overplaying it if I'm honest) and it was like an eccentric but loveable long-lost friend had come back to visit again. I would say this is probably my album of the year.

^ mcbpete actually stole this post out of my head

i was gonna say it was pre-TROG

TROG sounds like an 80's word as well. Like some Spider Man super-villain.