IGNORED

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons of Gold

Had a good few listens to this now. Not really a bad track on the entire album.

With one or two exceptions, Trademark Ribbons Of Gold frankly shames what Warp has been putting out these past few years.

i don't kno, bro.. here. but i'd wager it be true. told ya didn't i. lol ;)

and Zykial has fucked it all up now. no more mystery. it was meant to be kept super secret, ffs.. boooooooo !

if it was a quote from here that means it'd have a link to the original post, also even if it was from here, it could very well be just conjecture like everyone else...

common knowledge i thought

Blackpool, Northwest

United Kingdom

http://www.myspace.com/vhshead

Blackpool electronica artist.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/VHS+Head

We know VHS Head hails from Blackpool

http://www.last.fm/music/VHS+Head/+wiki

oh

just relaying what i've seen on the net, no detective work on my part :cerious:

yup, there's that conjecture!

yeah i knew that. oscillik was trying to tell me it was one of BoC, though. oh, that guy! lol

..and the fact you've said he's from Blackpool doesn't really matter... yeah, common knowledge, probably.

but i thought his name was not to be uttered..

oh well.

you're none the wiser than anyone else right now. it is all conjecture. the sources listed above are all compiled from various other conjecture from around the net (apart from the vhshead myspace page, which doesn't give any information whatsoever).

do we have an update on this? :sorcerer:

heh

Most of the tracks here are the product of a project I've been working on with Neil Scrivin and VHS Head over the past 6 years. In 2004 we were all suffering from motivation issues when it came to writing tracks, so we devised an idea... create an album a month every month for a year, at the end of the month we'd all sit together and listen to each others tracks, and basically, praise/criticise them after one listen.

so they are brothers (Adrian and Kris) and are from Blackpool

Edited by Zykial

heh

Most of the tracks here are the product of a project I've been working on with Neil Scrivin and VHS Head over the past 6 years. In 2004 we were all suffering from motivation issues when it came to writing tracks, so we devised an idea... create an album a month every month for a year, at the end of the month we'd all sit together and listen to each others tracks, and basically, praise/criticise them after one listen.

i still don't understand how this proves that VHS Head is Adrian, or Kris, or anyone else for that matter.

It's the sound of daytime television being assfucked by dblue glitch.

can't really understand why you hate it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! ?

also, that first pic posted of Adrian Blaclow (if it is him) looks more like Luke Vibert with short hair, than Burial, to me.

heh

i still don't understand how this proves that VHS Head is Adrian, or Kris, or anyone else for that matter.

ooookaaaay

none of them really exist

been speaking to Kris, but he's probably lying

heh

ooookaaaay

none of them really exist

been speaking to Kris, but he's probably lying

don't mind me, after being sick to death of all the "mystery" around Boards of Canada, The Tuss etc, i'm not really bothered about it all and am going to automatically dismiss any rumours until there are official statements.

in any case, it's a great album. lol @ people saying it's glitch

I said it was a bad pop album, it's a novelty record, which it is.

we'll see if it's a novelty record or if VHS Head is a novelty 'act' a year or 2 from now,

when he brings out another album with loads of hidden secret messages, reversed shit, and magickal occult weirdness which pisses on Geogaddi! lol

seriously tho, i don't think it's a novelty record at all. nor is it "pop", or even bad pop, at all. w t f. lol

heh

it's not Kris, but VHS Head is from Blackpool. trust me.

and it's definitely not BoC.

Guest AcrossCanyons

just noticed that Bleep have this cheaper, with digital downloads included, and it's released 3 days earlier than Skam :unsure:

do people still want to tell me Skam weren't charging a lot? who was it who said "if it's anybody that won't overcharge, it's Skam"

yeah, right...

so I've paid £4+ more for a longer delay AND no digital download included? what the fuck Skam :(

just noticed that Bleep have this cheaper, with digital downloads included, and it's released 3 days earlier than Skam :unsure:

aye it's released tomorrow in fact!

sweeeeeet.

this will be the soundtrack to my late Summer/Autumn. :D

then i'll have me some Plaid Scintill for Winter, thanks Warp!!!!!! haha

who was it who said "if it's anybody that won't overcharge, it's Skam"

yeah, right...

so I've paid £4+ more for a longer delay AND no digital download included? what the fuck Skam :(

it wasn't me. but let this be a lesson to you - you should never rush in and pre-order anything unless it's super super limited, imo.

check how many's being released. check your finances. and check yo'self, before paying out any money to anyone. it's always best to wait a while i reckon, from approx. 10 years of past buying-online experience.

Guest AcrossCanyons

yeah, right...

it wasn't me. but let this be a lesson to you - you should never rush in and pre-order anything unless it's super super limited, imo.

check how many's being released. check your finances. and check yo'self, before paying out any money to anyone. it's always best to wait a while i reckon, from approx. 10 years of past buying-online experience.

it's strange to get a bogus deal from the label itself tho, first I've heard of the label itself charging more than 3rd parties.

yeah, right...

it's strange to get a bogus deal from the label itself tho, first I've heard of the label itself charging more than 3rd parties.

:facepalm: Warp

I hope to be buying this off Bleep soon, that's where it seems to be cheapest... HMV isn't bad but alas no instant digital download.

And on a related note, WTF?!?

Edited by futureimage

it's not really a bogus deal with Skam, tho. they're charging a very fair price.

it's just that Warp have mo' money to be able to sell it a bit cheaper, i guess.

thus encouraging more people to buy it from them now instead of Skam, and making themselves mo' mo' mo' money!

Warp are the ones to be blamed here. not Skam, really (imo).

i understand oscillik's Warp facepalm. but, have just bought the vinyl from them, so.... i can't really complain either way.

i was just waiting to buy the digi release really as i don't buy CD's anymore and hardly ever buy vinyl unless it's something i really want to have.

which is very rare these days! but at £9.99 for the 2 x 12" LP, you can't really go wrong! :)

Edited by sirch

it's not really a bogus deal with Skam, tho. they're charging a very fair price.

it's just that Warp have mo' money to be able to sell it a bit cheaper, i guess.

thus encouraging more people to buy it from them now instead of Skam, and making themselves mo' mo' mo' money!

Warp are the ones to be blamed here. not Skam, really (imo).

i understand oscillik's Warp facepalm. but, have just bought the vinyl from them, so.... i can't really complain either way.

i was just waiting to buy the digi release really as i don't buy CD's anymore and hardly ever buy vinyl unless it's something i really want to have.

which is very rare these days! but at £9.99 for the 2 x 12" LP, you can't really go wrong! :)

well, Warp (or PVT) fucked over the fans with their new album Church With No Magic - buy it everywhere else other than Bleep, and you got exclusive stuff.

i don't regret buying direct from Skam though - i don't mind supporting a smaller label, i just kinda wish a digital download would've been included. if the vinyl arrives with a download voucher or something, i'll eat my words. just slightly miffed that it's being released elsewhere a few days earlier.

yeah, can understand. poachey Warp, eh. seems a bit unfair, to say the least.

they shouldn't really do that to Skam. not just cos they're a smaller label, but cos they're Skam!

and they have/had a relationship, kinda.

but business is business i suppose. :(

i wonder how many ppl might go buy it twice just to get the tracks 3 days sooner.... ??

Edited by sirch

i'm really fucked off about this!!!

3 days eariler on fucking cunting bleep! i dont care about the price difference so much as the delay.

WANK...

3 days eariler on fucking cunting bleep!

and thinking about it, the peeps at Skam must've agreed to this.

i doubt Warp would've said hey this is what we're doing, Skam. we're making your music available 3 days before you. Fuck you!

it's quite strange........

but i'll be downloading my tracks in the morning, nonetheless.

it's hilarious that people keep saying "album of the year" for various things, and that we have an "album of 2010" thread.

the year isn't even fucking over. how do you know if anything is the album of the year if you haven't heard everything?

until you've heard every single release that's ever been made this year, shut your fucking dickhole

:trashbear: